ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent Extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vishal7ue
Newly Registered
India

PBS Dependent Extension

Post by Vishal7ue » Fri May 15, 2020 3:03 pm

I have a similar query. I have applied for ILR using the accelerated route for Tier 1 Entrepreneur but as my application is still under process, my wife who I got married to only 2 years ago, has to apply for an extension using the PBS dependent visa. Now, when we try to pay for the NHS, it also asks for the primary visa holder's visa status and calculates fee based on that. On entering my details as expiry date of June 1 2020 and Visa status as Tier 1 Entrepreneur (first 3 years), it calculates an amount of £200 which doesn't sound right. As my application for ILR is still under process and therefore status indeterminate, we cannot select any other option - is that correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependent Extension

Post by CR001 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:09 pm

1. Please do NOT tag your question onto other members topics about a different scenario to yours.

2. Put your expiry date as 3 years from now to get the correct IHS of £1200.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vishal7ue
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vishal7ue » Fri May 15, 2020 3:42 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! Sorry for tagging earlier.

Would it not be incorrect to put an expiry date as 3 years from now, when my visa is currently under review?

Also, when I actually go to the https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... al/Welcome, it doesn't show me the option to view the form anymore - it shows an amount of £200 automatically based on my input earlier. Any way, I could reset it?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:44 pm

Would it not be incorrect to put an expiry date as 3 years from now, when my visa is currently under review?

No. The question ONLY related to calculating the IHS, nothing else.
Also, when I actually go to the https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... al/Welcome, it doesn't show me the option to view the form anymore - it shows an amount of £200 automatically based on my input earlier. Any way, I could reset it?
Start the application again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vishal7ue
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vishal7ue » Fri May 15, 2020 4:01 pm

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

Vishal7ue
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vishal7ue » Fri May 15, 2020 4:53 pm

We get the options
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur (Initial) 3 years
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur (extension) 2 years

And before these options even show up, we need to provide the date of expiry of the current visa. You suggested providing a date 3 years ahead as the date of expiry of visa, instead of the actual date - 1 June 2020. I suppose that wouldn't work if the extension is only 2 years. So, I might have to choose 2 years ahead and also choose Tier 1 Entrepeneur (extension) 2 years, even though both choices are factually incorrect?

Whats your suggestion?

Thanks!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri May 15, 2020 8:32 pm

Vishal7ue wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 4:53 pm
We get the options
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur (Initial) 3 years
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur (extension) 2 years

And before these options even show up, we need to provide the date of expiry of the current visa. You suggested providing a date 3 years ahead as the date of expiry of visa, instead of the actual date - 1 June 2020. I suppose that wouldn't work if the extension is only 2 years. So, I might have to choose 2 years ahead and also choose Tier 1 Entrepeneur (extension) 2 years, even though both choices are factually incorrect?

Whats your suggestion?

Thanks!
PBS dependent extension is always three years once you get ILR.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.