ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family stuck in india due to covid 19

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ravi567
India

Family stuck in india due to covid 19

Post by Ravi567 » Sat May 16, 2020 9:50 am

Hi all,my wife got stuck in india due to covid 19.She visited India in December, 2019.she should return by 8th may,2020. Now the return flight got cancelled by airlines.
She is eligible ILR by the end of next year.
Is there any way we can inform to home office about her stay in india.as per the her visa she should not stay more than 6 months out of uk.

Please suggest .
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Family stuck in india due to covid 19

Post by CR001 » Sat May 16, 2020 9:56 am

Your wife holds a spouse settlement visa. It has NO 180 days absence limit!!!

Nothing you need to inform ho about either.

Unclear why you believe the 180 days absence limit applies to her visa category, it does not. It applies to PBS route visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Re: Family stuck in india due to covid 19

Post by secret.simon » Sat May 16, 2020 12:14 pm

UK residents were evacuated out of India in April. Did she not sign up for that?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.