ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost ILR to New BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

keskinta
Newly Registered
Turkey

Lost ILR to New BRP

Post by keskinta » Sat May 09, 2020 12:56 pm

Hello guys,

I've applied for the BRP after my ILR Stamped pasport got stolen in December.

Its almost 6 months and I haven't recieved any acknowledgment letter or any sort of letter from Home office.

My concern is that when I attended my Biometric appoitment with Sopra Steria the gentlemen who was handling my process told me that he cant see any uploaded supporting documents onto their system and gave me extra time to upload it. but it was visible when I checked it after attending the appoitment.

In any stiuation like this would Home Office or Sopra Steria give me a call or notify me the missing documents or will they just leave it as it is ?

I just dont understand why did it took 6 months. it was just a replacement of ILR to BRP when my friend applied for her visa and got it in couple of months..

Guys Please advise what to do..

stay safe.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Lost ILR to New BRP

Post by zimba » Sat May 09, 2020 2:33 pm

BRP replacement application takes close to 6 months. In the current situation you should expect a much longer delay
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

keskinta
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by keskinta » Sat May 09, 2020 2:42 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 2:33 pm
BRP replacement application takes close to 6 months. In the current situation you should expect a much longer delay
Hello Zimba, Thanks for your prompt reply.

Does Home office still works ?

incase of missing document will they contact me ?

roughly how long more should I wait before I phone them ?

Thanks for your time.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat May 09, 2020 8:18 pm

Yes of course. I cannot tell you what to expect
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

keskinta
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by keskinta » Sat May 16, 2020 10:26 am

Zimba wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:18 pm
Yes of course. I cannot tell you what to expect

Hello again Zimba,

upon checking my documents Ive realised that I've submitted my Application to UKVISA and immigration on 23 Nov 2019 and the date ive mentioned on my earlier post was actually the Biometrics given date.

Ive contacted UKVISA & immigration yesterday and without taking my details I have been advised to report it as not delivered which I cant as it asks for acknowledgement letter which i never recieved.

I really started getting worried about my application as its been nearly 7 months.

I would like to write an email to Home office to get some information rather then calling. do you know any email address of them ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat May 16, 2020 4:26 pm

There is no acknowledgement letter. It is 6 months from the date of Biometrics

keskinta
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by keskinta » Fri May 22, 2020 10:37 am

Zimba wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 4:26 pm
Hello Zimba,

I have a reply from UK visa and immigration below.

Thank you for your email correspondence of 16 May where you have raised a complaint about the delay in completing your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) application and our lack of communication with you on this matter.

I am sorry that your BRP decision has been delayed and that we failed to contact you to explain the position. Our records show that you raised two applications for Replacement Biometric Residence Cards on the 20 November 2019 and a further one on 23 November 2019. As you had enrolled on the earlier application we voided the duplicate application of 23 November 2019. The application of 20 November 2019 is now valid and has been allocated for consideration. I am afraid I cannot give you a definitive timeframe on when this will be decided.

so they had to do a decision on behalf of me without contacting me, The application I have given my biometrics was the 23rd of November application which they haven't picked.

i have now replied with asking them to take 23rd of November application in consideration. will they do this or continue with the wrong application ?

Iam really lost in this and need an advise please...

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat May 23, 2020 12:04 pm

Wait to hear back. :!:

Bbkay
Hong Kong

Post by Bbkay » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:40 pm

keskinta wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:37 am
Zimba wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 4:26 pm
Hello Zimba,

Thank you for your email correspondence of 16 May where you have raised a complaint about the delay in completing your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) application and our lack of communication with you on this matter.

Hi

May I ask where n who you emailed to?
I’ve submitted an application for BRP as I lost my ILR stamped passport. I submitted the application last Aug. Done the biometric in September

In Feb they wrote to me asking for more information which I replied straight away in recorded delivery.

I have not heard anything since then.
I wrote to the agent again last month asking if there’s any update but again heard nothing.

It’s been 9 months for my application. It’s getting very frustrated.

Any advice on what I should do next?

Many thanks

Bbkay
Hong Kong

Post by Bbkay » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:43 pm

Duplicate

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:53 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:04 pm
Wait to hear back. :!:

Bbkay
Hong Kong

Post by Bbkay » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:34 pm

Hey keskinta have u heard anything back yet? I wrote to my case worker in June. Got a reply in July saying they still working on mine.
Hope you gave better news!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:01 am

keskinta wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:37 am
Hello Zimba,

I am sorry that your BRP decision has been delayed and that we failed to contact you to explain the position. Our records show that you raised two applications for Replacement Biometric Residence Cards on the 20 November 2019 and a further one on 23 November 2019. As you had enrolled on the earlier application we voided the duplicate application of 23 November 2019. The application of 20 November 2019 is now valid and has been allocated for consideration. I am afraid I cannot give you a definitive timeframe on when this will be decided.

Did they get into a muddle?

A BRP replacement application is different from a NTL application. The former requires an existing BRP. The fees differ, so they cannot be duplicate applications. Did you pay different fees?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

snowysky
Newly Registered

Post by snowysky » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:48 pm

Hi @keskinta and @Bbkay - have you received your BRP now?

I will need to travel abroad in a few months' time, and my biometrics enrolment for the replacement BRP is not until next month (October) and trying to see if anyone on ILR who lost their BRP card have managed to receive the replacement in less than six months.

snowysky
Newly Registered

Post by snowysky » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:03 pm

Oh I thought I could mention users by doing the "@" even though I did notice there was no drop-down to select from :?