ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employment Income Support Scheme - COVID 19 Spouse Visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Self Employment Income Support Scheme - COVID 19 Spouse Visa

Post by Driver27 » Sat May 16, 2020 11:28 pm

Hi

I've believe I've had a thorough look through other posts however I wasn't able to find anything that answers my questions. I'm very sorry if this has been asked before and I've missed the other post.

I'm a British Citizen (10 year route) and my wife is in UK on a Spouse/Partner visa. She will be eligible for ILR in Oct 2021. I am her sponsor.

I work part time as a teacher (PAYE) as well as being self employed (tutoring). My wife is also registered for self employment and works from home (part time). My questions are

1. Although I'm a British citizen, would I be allowed to claim under the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) since I am my wife's sponsor.

2. Would my wife who is on a spouse visa be allowed to claim under SEISS. Her visa states "No Public Funds". Is this scheme regarded as public funds?

Thank you for your help in advance.