ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rangers

FLR(M) few questions

Post by rangers » Mon May 04, 2020 11:42 am

Hi Dear Forum Members,
I am getting ready to apply for my wife FLR (M).I have few queries.

*Bank statements and other papers: If i download my last six months statement and then attach them online will it be acceptable? same as my payslip and P60. Now a days all of them are on online.

*Relation History: Do i need to submit any papers from past other than marriage certificate for the proof that we are living together?though we gonna submit our kids birth certificate and passport.

*People keep saying supporting documents,if someone give us any suggestion or documents that can be submitted which will be handy.

Thanks in Advance
Rangers

geoeng
Canada

Re: FLR(M) few questions

Post by geoeng » Mon May 04, 2020 12:12 pm

rangers wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:42 am
*Bank statements and other papers: If i download my last six months statement and then attach them online will it be acceptable? same as my payslip and P60. Now a days all of them are on online.
If the statements are on official bank stationery and appear more or less the same as the ones you receive in the post, you should be able to use statements from an online account since all supporting documents are uploaded online anyway. I used PDF versions of bank statements I had downloaded and had no issues.
rangers wrote:
*Relation History: Do i need to submit any papers from past other than marriage certificate for the proof that we are living together?though we gonna submit our kids birth certificate and passport.
The marriage certificate only proves that you are married (which is a requirement), not that you live together (a separate requirement). You will also have to submit proof of cohabitation: items of correspondence addressed to both of you at the same address. The document checklist generated by filling in the online application should explain the requirements for this.
rangers wrote:
*People keep saying supporting documents,if someone give us any suggestion or documents that can be submitted which will be handy.
Supporting documents are just pieces of evidence to prove that you meet the requirements and include bank statements, pay slips, marriage certificate, proof of meeting English language requirement, proof of cohabitation, etc. The document checklist generated by filling out the online application should provide the basics of what you will have to submit based on your answers.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

rangers

Re: FLR(M) few questions

Post by rangers » Mon May 04, 2020 6:05 pm

geoeng wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:12 pm
rangers wrote:
If the statements are on official bank stationery and appear more or less the same as the ones you receive in the post, you should be able to use statements from an online account since all supporting documents are uploaded online anyway. I used PDF versions of bank statements I had downloaded and had no issues.
rangers wrote:
The marriage certificate only proves that you are married (which is a requirement), not that you live together (a separate requirement). You will also have to submit proof of cohabitation: items of correspondence addressed to both of you at the same address. The document checklist generated by filling in the online application should explain the requirements for this.
rangers wrote:
Supporting documents are just pieces of evidence to prove that you meet the requirements and include bank statements, pay slips, marriage certificate, proof of meeting English language requirement, proof of cohabitation, etc. The document checklist generated by filling out the online application should provide the basics of what you will have to submit based on your answers.
Thanks so much for the information

rangers

Online Application Question Query

Post by rangers » Sun May 17, 2020 11:54 am

Hi Dear Members,
I am half way filling up my online application for FLR(M).
One of the question is:
Is your current entry clearance or leave to remain as the partner of one of the following?
options are:
* a British citizen
* a person settled in the uk
* a person with refugee leave.

Before that if i can tell you my immigration history
-Entered in the UK Dec 2012 as my husband dependent( he was in PSW)
-2014 he applied for TIER 1 Entrepreneur and it was approved.
-2017 he applied for TIER 1 Entrepreneur (ext) which was approved on 22nd may 2018 and we got 2 years visa.
-2018 my husband got his ILR and he is a British citizen now. And i have valid visa of PBS Dependent till 22nd may 2020.
Considering the whole scenario what should be the answer?
The reason it made me confused,my husband was not British citizen when i last applied which reflects on my BRP card stating : PBS DEPENDENT LEAVE TO REMAIN

if anyone kindly help me out please.
Regards
Rangers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online Application Question Query

Post by CR001 » Sun May 17, 2020 1:24 pm

Topics merged!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 17, 2020 1:24 pm

rangers wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 11:54 am
Hi Dear Members,
One of the question is:
Is your current entry clearance or leave to remain as the partner of one of the following?
options are:
* a British citizen

-2017 he applied for TIER 1 Entrepreneur (ext) which was approved on 22nd may 2018 and we got 2 years visa.
-2018 my husband got his ILR and he is a British citizen now. And i have valid visa of PBS Dependent till 22nd may 2020.
The reason it made me confused,my husband was not British citizen when i last applied which reflects on my BRP card stating : PBS DEPENDENT LEAVE TO REMAIN

Regards
Rangers
The answer is NO as you do NOT already hold a spouse settlement visa, ie FLR m.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rangers

Post by rangers » Sun May 17, 2020 9:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:24 pm
rangers wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 11:54 am
Hi Dear Members,
One of the question is:
options are:
* a British citizen

Regards
Rangers
The answer is NO as you do NOT already hold a spouse settlement visa, ie FLR m.
Thanks a lot
Regards
Rangers

rangers

FLR(M) Application

Post by rangers » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:11 am

Dear Members,
My wife applied her FLR(M) on 20th May 2020.So far we only have UKVI ref number with transaction notification and IHS ref number.For covid 19 situation we know that it will take time to get an appointment.But our concern is as we already uploaded all relevant files,my wife havnt received any acknowledgement email yet.
So if her employer ask her any proof which one she can provide and also we are bit concerned of whether the application been submitted or not.
One other thing,can we keep uploading files (if needed) until she gonna attend the biometrics appointment?
Many thanks
Rangers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:30 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:24 pm
Topics merged!!!
Really!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

geoeng
Canada

Re: FLR(M) Application

Post by geoeng » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:46 am

rangers wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:11 am
Dear Members,
My wife applied her FLR(M) on 20th May 2020.So far we only have UKVI ref number with transaction notification and IHS ref number.For covid 19 situation we know that it will take time to get an appointment.But our concern is as we already uploaded all relevant files,my wife havnt received any acknowledgement email yet.
This is likely all the correspondence you will get in this regard. It's certainly all I got the last time I applied.
rangers wrote:
So if her employer ask her any proof which one she can provide and also we are bit concerned of whether the application been submitted or not.
There is an employer checking service provided by the Home Office that her employer can use to check her eligibility to work in the UK while the application is pending if they have concerns. They will need some information from your wife and there are additional details at the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
rangers wrote:
One other thing,can we keep uploading files (if needed) until she gonna attend the biometrics appointment?
Technically yes, I believe the online system will allow you to keep uploading files. There should have been some information provided about the recommended timeline for uploading files when you submitted the application (I think they want them within 10-15 days of the application being submitted but I can't recall for sure). That said, if you have uploaded all the relevant files already (as you mentioned) and you shouldn't be submitting anything dated after the application date anyway, there shouldn't be anything else to upload.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

rangers

Re: FLR(M) Application

Post by rangers » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:22 pm

geoeng wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:46 am
rangers wrote:
Dear Members,
This is likely all the correspondence you will get in this regard. It's certainly all I got the last time I applied.
rangers wrote:
There is an employer checking service provided by the Home Office that her employer can use to check her eligibility to work in the UK while the application is pending if they have concerns. They will need some information from your wife and there are additional details at the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
rangers wrote:
Technically yes, I believe the online system will allow you to keep uploading files. There should have been some information provided about the recommended timeline for uploading files when you submitted the application (I think they want them within 10-15 days of the application being submitted but I can't recall for sure). That said, if you have uploaded all the relevant files already (as you mentioned) and you shouldn't be submitting anything dated after the application date anyway, there shouldn't be anything else to upload.
Thanks for the reply. its been three weeks we keep checking for an appointment but cant see any available slot.May be we have to wait for a long time.
Thanks
rangers