ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Australia PR

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

leojosefm
Newly Registered
India

Australia PR

Post by leojosefm » Wed May 13, 2020 1:27 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for migrating to Australia. I'm an Indian Citizen currently living in Europe. I have completed bachelors (B.Tech in Electronics and Communication engineering) and I have 8 years of experience in IT industry. While going through points calculator https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-su ... calculator I can see I will have 75 points if I can claim 15 points of my education. But I'm not sure if I will be able to claim this as my education is in Electronics and work experience is in IT

Does anybody know about it?

xebec
Australia

Re: Australia PR

Post by xebec » Tue May 19, 2020 9:50 am

It has to be relevant to the field you studied - IT is a broad field - if you're closer to networking you would have a better chance, but if its programming - then less so. You would have to show detailed work history of what you did to be considered. However, if you're a Chartered Engineer, you stand a better chance of meeting the criteria.