ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 General to Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Erna93
Newly Registered
Albania

Switching from Tier 2 General to Tier 4

Post by Erna93 » Wed May 20, 2020 11:48 am

Hello,

Could you please help me with some information as I am not able to find anything regarding my case. Here is a brief explanation of my situation:

1) I have studied in UK under Tier 4 in 2017 and graduated in 2018
2) I switched to Tier 2 General in 2018 and I have a 5 years visa valid Until march 2024

3) Now I have decided to go back to studies and I have an offer from a University in London in September 2020

4) My husband is under Tier 2 Dependant

Question:

- What steps do I need to follow to make sure I am in compliance with immigration laws?
- Do I need to pay again for my Tier 4 Visa procedure and Health Surcharge Taxes?
- What about Tier 2 Dependant Visa of my husbands, does he have to withdraw it as well?

Everyone’s help who has been in the same situation is much appreciated.

All the best

SKJ1984
India

Re: Switching from Tier 2 General to Tier 4

Post by SKJ1984 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:15 pm

Hi,
Need more info. Are you going to study full time / part time?
What sort of course it is?
Are you planning to quit job?

You can study in Tier2 General (FT/PT) as long as you are still working with your sponsor and study does not interfere with your job. No need to switch to Tier4

Erna93
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Erna93 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi,
Thank you for coming back to me.

I am studying Full Time. The course is 12 Months and is Computational Finance. Yes, I am planing to quit my job as it will interfere with my studies.

One more question:
- I have heard that for everyone studying from September 2020 their Visa will be granted with a 2 years length of stay after their studies, is this true?

Thank you for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:52 pm

Erna93 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:33 pm
One more question:
- I have heard that for everyone studying from September 2020 their Visa will be granted with a 2 years length of stay after their studies, is this true?
1. You need to pay the visa fee and IHS again when you apply for tier 4 student visa.

2. The 2 years visa you are referring to is not automatic and there are currently no rules or guidance on the proposed new PSW visa. Your tier 4 student visa will only be granted for the duration of your course. You will also need to check if your course and university/college is at a level that permits tier 4 dependents to apply. Not all tier 4 courses are eligible for dependent visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.