ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refugee ILR travel to home country in emergency

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Perdesi
Newly Registered
Mood:

Refugee ILR travel to home country in emergency

Post by Perdesi » Mon May 18, 2020 12:25 pm

Dear users
I will appreciate if you can share experiences here.Im holding a refugee ILR & now I need to travel my home country in emergency as my father is seriously ill .I know usually a refugee can't travel to home country but in exceptional &compassionate circumstances HO can allow a short visit.I am trying to contact home office &ask for return of my national passport so I can travel.I have sent email on traveldocumentenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
Is it the right email to get permission &passport ?I have called them today &someone has told me to write a letter to ukvi po box306 L2 0QN UK.Can someone tell if I have done enough or I need to contact somewhere else.Please help .I have to travel home asap .

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Re: Refugee ILR travel to home country in emergency

Post by Route to ILR » Wed May 20, 2020 3:12 pm

Perdesi wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:25 pm
Dear users
I will appreciate if you can share experiences here.Im holding a refugee ILR & now I need to travel my home country in emergency as my father is seriously ill .I know usually a refugee can't travel to home country but in exceptional &compassionate circumstances HO can allow a short visit.I am trying to contact home office &ask for return of my national passport so I can travel.I have sent email on traveldocumentenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
Is it the right email to get permission &passport ?I have called them today &someone has told me to write a letter to ukvi po box306 L2 0QN UK.Can someone tell if I have done enough or I need to contact somewhere else.Please help .I have to travel home asap .
Your r taking a big risk by going back to the country even for short visit, where your life is in danger.

Its highly likely they will cancel or revoke your ILR on your return at the airport.

2nd point is almost every country put travel restriction due to covid19 and if u go back to your country they might put u on quarntine for 2 weeks, So your visit will be not a short time one.