ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Global Talent VISA Endorsement

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Amara123
Newly Registered

Global Talent VISA Endorsement

Post by Amara123 » Thu May 21, 2020 5:44 am

Question: Please can I get endorsement from Royal Academy of Engineering as I don't have the following ;
1. The applicant must have been awarded, hold, or have held in the past five years, a prestigious UK‐based Research Fellowship, or an international Fellowship or advanced research post judged by the endorsing bodies to be of equivalent standing
2. The applicant must have a PhD or equivalent research experience (including industrial or clinical research)

my Portfolio. I have several years of engineering experience in UK with MSC as a consultant. I am also a Chattered Engineer with several trainings in my field. I have my registered company and looking forward to apply for the global talent visa in exceptional talent promise endorsement. My specialization is mechanical engineering and provide engineering services to company. Please can anyone advice on this.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Re: Global Talent VISA Endorsement

Post by krishnakumarg » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:52 pm

Amara123 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:44 am
Question: Please can I get endorsement from Royal Academy of Engineering as I don't have the following ;
1. The applicant must have been awarded, hold, or have held in the past five years, a prestigious UK‐based Research Fellowship, or an international Fellowship or advanced research post judged by the endorsing bodies to be of equivalent standing
2. The applicant must have a PhD or equivalent research experience (including industrial or clinical research)

my Portfolio. I have several years of engineering experience in UK with MSC as a consultant. I am also a Chattered Engineer with several trainings in my field. I have my registered company and looking forward to apply for the global talent visa in exceptional talent promise endorsement. My specialization is mechanical engineering and provide engineering services to company. Please can anyone advice on this.
I was endorsed by the RAE, and have now got the visa. Regarding your queries

1. I didn't have any fellowships, but I am currently working in an advanced research post. I supplemented my evidence with proofs of this (peer-reviewed journal publications, patents, letter from university/departmental HR clarifying research role)

2. I have a PhD in Mech Engg. So this was covered.

Unfortunately, hands-on everyday engineering/practical/daily engineering/consulting work is not classified as research for the purposes of the visa. In classical research, you typically have a hypothesis, and you devise experiments (or computer simulations) to either prove or disprove your hypothesis. Unless there are commercial motivation, you typically share the results of your findings to the wider community for a peer-review, who either accept it as an advancement to the field or ask you to address scientific shortcomings in your methodologies/analyses. So, working as a consultant or employed as an engineer alone does not necessarily qualify, unless you have engaged in the above research process i.e. you must be substantially contributing to advancing the state of the art in any branch of knowledge within your discipline.

You say you have "several" years of engineering experience. Perhaps this in under a Tier2 work visa. This shall lead to settlement after 5 years of continuous presence (barring minor absences) in the UK under this visa category. Also be aware that there are upcoming changes to points-based work visas from Jan 2021.