ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremonies on 3rd July 2020

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ailA2019
Ireland

Re: Citizenship ceremonies on 3rd July 2020

Post by ailA2019 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:42 am

avta wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:18 am
littlerr wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:26 am
Ireland does not have legislation on ‘virtual’ attendance on legal system. This means if you are required to ‘go to court’ (as is required for naturalisation purposes), you must physically visit a judge.
I believe there no additional words about "physical body" presence in the court by law. It's just a normal practice from the "stone age". The word "attendance" still be "attendance" even with modern "virtual" technology help. For identification purposes MyGovID verify account can be used.
In the same boat then I believe that too but It’s against the constitution, as every adult has to be sworn in front of a judge, means physically visit a judge.

So, anyone believes the Dept of Justice would allow for the ceremony will be wrong, then Citizenship Division only works for return documents and replies to e-mails, is not taken any decision into applications.

imagine some county complained because a few people went on the holiday home, My neighbour found a letter was dropped through letterbox of my holiday home. The page, headed ‘K**e Residents Health Defence’, stated. , however, I don't think that an attitude of the majority of people.

but Imagine what they do if the thousands would go to the citizenship ceremony.
however, I am Sure they will postpone it for the year when covid 19 will be fully under control as non-essential ones or the notional.

Or Health advisor has a different opinion even with that still difficult after MINISTER FOR HEALTH has said “It’d probably be a blended mix of measures that you’d be trying, and you’d be trying it in a very careful way. But to be clear, we’re not going to do this until we believe it is safe to do so.

“And when we do it, we’ll have to be honest with people that we’re going to do it. We’re going to monitor it very carefully, and if it doesn’t work we’re going to have to revert.

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:03 pm

I have already sent the fee and gnib card but with what aAil20019 have said maybe it makes sense to apply for permanent residence instead.
Hopefully the process is faster, hopefully smth like few months. After that wait few years till situation will normalize to receive citizenship.

ailA2019
Ireland

Post by ailA2019 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:14 pm

Stanina wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:03 pm
I have already sent the fee and gnib card but with what aAil20019 have said maybe it makes sense to apply for permanent residence instead.
Hopefully the process is faster, hopefully smth like few months. After that wait few years till situation will normalize to receive citizenship.
I think that would be good If you wait some time because I think you will need to withdraw the application of naturalization To be able to apply for permanent residence, especially your already sent the fee and gnib card. But I might be wrong, I think you may need legal advice with this.
I expect maybe they could send the number of smaller ceremonies with 50 people around the country or can do it the old way by having this done in local courts. I think they will do that only for people already sent the fee and gnib card, but they won't do that until December.

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:19 pm

As per latest announcement no mass gathering till September. So It looks like ceremony will be most likely postponed as the easiest way to go forward. Hopefully the will replace it with smaller ceremonies in different provinces/counties.
If they postpone, most likely due to 2nd wave of infections in August-October, it will be next year for ceremony.
https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/corona ... d-21903173
avta wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:18 am
littlerr wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:26 am
Ireland does not have legislation on ‘virtual’ attendance on legal system. This means if you are required to ‘go to court’ (as is required for naturalisation purposes), you must physically visit a judge.
I believe there no additional words about "physical body" presence in the court by law. It's just a normal practice from the "stone age". The word "attendance" still be "attendance" even with modern "virtual" technology help. For identification purposes MyGovID verify account can be used.
Have seen that there were some virtual sittings for the court, so we might have virtual ceremony. Peronally think that chances of that are slim
https://www.clareecho.ie/video-technolo ... -continue/

kalyna
Ukraine

Post by kalyna » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:48 pm

The article you are referring to says that gatherings over 5000 people will not be allowed. If they keep the number below that we might have a smaller ceremony, or a ceremony without guests in July.

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:28 pm

kalyna wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:48 pm
The article you are referring to says that gatherings over 5000 people will not be allowed. If they keep the number below that we might have a smaller ceremony, or a ceremony without guests in July.
I hope for small ceremonies with less people and maybe only short official oath as well. Public mood is not for social distancing braking as last accident with strawberries pickers confirm.
Minister would not like to attract attention, it will be easier to postpone.
Official release for announcement
https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/3af ... ed-events/

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:47 pm

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Immigrat ... .pdf#page3

Latest info freshly pressed today 27/03/19.
The July ceremony is still in the works for now and will depend on the covid situation and public health guidance.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:05 am

5121472 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:39 am
littlerr wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:29 pm
That is not a valid argument. You cannot ask the minister not to respect the Constitution of Ireland.

Changing Constitution requires a referendum. Unless you are suggesting that people all over the country should come to a hall to vote so that you don’t have to attend a ceremony, that simply won’t happen. The best thing to do is to follow WHO’s advice. Stay home and let this disruption finish as soon as possible.
still the point is: No more delays are acceptable.
it's Minister's job to find an appropriate solution.

Actually the Minister can delay as long as he likes and doesn't have to invite you at all, ever. The Minister has absolute discretion in the context of naturalisation.

In reality the people involved will work to find a solution that suits everyone. Don't bet on July though, its unlikely.

Pakistan

Post by 5121472 » Fri May 01, 2020 7:14 am

Granista wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:05 am
5121472 wrote:
littlerr wrote:
That is not a valid argument. You cannot ask the minister not to respect the Constitution of Ireland.

Changing Constitution requires a referendum. Unless you are suggesting that people all over the country should come to a hall to vote so that you don’t have to attend a ceremony, that simply won’t happen. The best thing to do is to follow WHO’s advice. Stay home and let this disruption finish as soon as possible.

Actually the Minister can delay as long as he likes and doesn't have to invite you at all, ever. The Minister has absolute discretion in the context of naturalisation.

In reality the people involved will work to find a solution that suits everyone. Don't bet on July though, its unlikely.
That's not true.
If there are unreasonable delays, people can always go to the court. So it's not absolute discretion as you have suggested. If there are any genuine reasons, it's a different story, but people have gone to the courts where the Minister did not reach a decision on their app within reasonable time-frame. So saying that the Minister can do whatever he wants is not logical.
I do agree with your second part though. Minister and his team must work to find a solution such as using online technology etc. wherever possible and make the July ceremony happen, as they already have a massive backlog and it's not applicants fault that we are having the COVID-19 situation. Organisations are finding solutions, such as remote work etc.
Always remember, we are their customers and must be treated as such. Citizenship is not a right, but as customers, we do have rights, as we pay the department for their services etc.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Fri May 01, 2020 8:41 am

5121472 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:14 am
Granista wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:05 am
5121472 wrote:
littlerr wrote:

That's not true.
If there are unreasonable delays, people can always go to the court. So it's not absolute discretion as you have suggested. If there are any genuine reasons, it's a different story, but people have gone to the courts where the Minister did not reach a decision on their app within reasonable time-frame. So saying that the Minister can do whatever he wants is not logical.
I do agree with your second part though. Minister and his team must work to find a solution such as using online technology etc. wherever possible and make the July ceremony happen, as they already have a massive backlog and it's not applicants fault that we are having the COVID-19 situation. Organisations are finding solutions, such as remote work etc.
Always remember, we are their customers and must be treated as such. Citizenship is not a right, but as customers, we do have rights, as we pay the department for their services etc.
Absolutely spot on

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Fri May 01, 2020 4:31 pm

Ceremony will held on 3rd of July for sure.
3 ceremonies a day
Each ceremony around 700 people.
They might not allow u to bring guest.
So chill
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Fri May 01, 2020 7:03 pm

Finepaddy wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:31 pm
Ceremony will held on 3rd of July for sure.
3 ceremonies a day
Each ceremony around 700 people.
They might not allow u to bring guest.
So chill
and it looks like it will not happen in July, possibly after 10th of August and in different format
"The fourth phase begins on July 20th
In this phase, people can now travel outside their region. A slightly larger number of people may visit another household for a short period of time while maintaining social distancing. Small social gatherings by family and close friends will be limited to a maximum number of attendees for a limited period of time where social distancing can be maintained."
from
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ ... -1.4242985

Donidedaj1
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Donidedaj1 » Sat May 02, 2020 12:12 pm

Has anyone got Approved These days ?

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Sat May 02, 2020 3:11 pm

Nope.
They’re currently in lockdown too. All services have been suspended.

Donidedaj1
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Donidedaj1 » Sat May 02, 2020 4:09 pm

Well they are actually working with the old cases, couse I been in contact with them by email , they are only not accepting new cases .

water_tank1
Ireland

Post by water_tank1 » Sat May 02, 2020 6:09 pm

Donidedaj1 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 4:09 pm
Well they are actually working with the old cases, couse I been in contact with them by email , they are only not accepting new cases .
Hi,

Can I ask what was the date you last received an email from the citizenship department? I was thinking of emailing them myself but wasn't 100% sure if the office was closed or not.

Thanks

Donidedaj1
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Donidedaj1 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:24 pm

Just revived a Email yesterday I been revived a email for the last 8 days becouse I am writing them every time to push them this it’s the right time to push them with the old application becouse they have not new application on their hands so they can make decisions on the old application more quickly, so I have put my lower as well couse my application has been pending for over 2 years and 2 months with out any excuses

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Sun May 03, 2020 10:46 am

Donidedaj1 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:24 pm
Just revived a Email yesterday I been revived a email for the last 8 days becouse I am writing them every time to push them this it’s the right time to push them with the old application becouse they have not new application on their hands so they can make decisions on the old application more quickly, so I have put my lower as well couse my application has been pending for over 2 years and 2 months with out any excuses

My God. 2+yrs is a long time :roll: . Time to pressure them through a solicitor?

Donidedaj1
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Donidedaj1 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:12 pm

Just did pressure on them but still got nothing planned to bring it to a high court but it’s not the right time

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Wed May 06, 2020 9:42 am

Emailed them re ctizenship ceremony in July and expiring GNIB in July. Just received a response which quite clearly states that they are not fully operational and working remotely.

Dear X,

Thank you for your email. Please note that as a result of the current
Government Restrictions in place in relation to Covid-19, our office is not
fully operational and staff are working remotely, this may lead to some
delays in the processing of applications. Please monitor our website for
any updates in relation to the ceremony scheduled for 3rd July 2020. These
events are entirely dependent on the advice received from Public Health
policy officials and Healthcare professionals. The Department will continue
to monitor developments. In the meantime applicants are advised to visit
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/citizenship for updates. Please note that
the onus is on all applicants to ensure that their permission to remain in
the State is kept up to date at all times while residence in the State,
including while an application for naturalisation is being processed.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 5

Pakistan

Post by 5121472 » Wed May 06, 2020 1:17 pm

An e-ceremony seems to be the only solution. If INIS are working from home, they should really consider the idea of an online ceremony.

handoubleu
United States of America

Post by handoubleu » Thu May 21, 2020 7:54 am

3 July ceremony has now been postponed. Really was hoping they could get this sorted by now, but hopefully everything is running by 10 August and they can do one in September.

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Immigration- ... 9-FAQ4.pdf

Donidedaj1
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Donidedaj1 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:12 am

handoubleu wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:54 am
3 July ceremony has now been postponed. Really was hoping they could get this sorted by now, but hopefully everything is running by 10 August and they can do one in September.

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Immigration- ... 9-FAQ4.pdf
Anyone have been approved these days ?

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Thu May 21, 2020 10:22 am

Q 100.Wil la Citizenship ceremony be heldt his year or when is the next one?
A. The Citizenship ceremony scheduled for July this year is postponed.Officials are working hard to investigate alternative mechanisms for delivery that protect public health, comply with current restrictions and guidelines and ensure the event is delivered in the dignified and solemn manner appropriate to such an important milestone. Further notifications will be posted on the Citizenship page of the ISD website.
It does not really answer the question will it happen this year or nor. I guess we will need to wait for new government formed, prior to the next update.

Pakistan

Post by 5121472 » Thu May 21, 2020 12:28 pm

INIS is a very inefficient department I must say.
My friend said that his mother lives in Canada and her citizenship was sent to her address back in March due to COVID-19 and see..... they are still not sure what they are going to do here. How silly....
I am really disappointed.