ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization 2020 new application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sokalsondha
Newly Registered
Ireland

Naturalization 2020 new application

Post by sokalsondha » Sat May 09, 2020 3:05 am

Hello everyone
Hope all you guys keeping well.
Just wondering is there anyone applied for citizenship after 14 march 2020?
As they said do not send original passport or any original documents.

If you send then what is the outcome?

Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Naturalization 2020 new application

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat May 09, 2020 9:01 am

They will probably join tons of unprocessed / unopened mail.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat May 09, 2020 1:04 pm

They have advised people not to send them, so why still doing that?

There office is closed and people are working from home to deal with existing applications. Any new applications sent to them will not be received, opened or processed. It is likely that they are just going to sit in the post office indefinitely until the pandemic is over.

hako
Turkey

Post by hako » Sat May 09, 2020 9:54 pm

Are we sure they still work on the current cases regarding the fact they hold sensitive document (personal information) and can be taken out of the office for WFH purposes?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun May 10, 2020 1:30 am

The first step of processing any application is to scan everything into a computer system. The system is accessible via a secure VPN from home. So this would affect only new applications, not existing applications.

And yes they are still working, based on multiple reply emails posted on this forum.

hako
Turkey

Post by hako » Sun May 10, 2020 6:26 am

Thanks for the info. I thought they weren't allowed to work from home!

sokalsondha
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sokalsondha » Fri May 15, 2020 1:27 am

littlerr wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 1:30 am
The first step of processing any application is to scan everything into a computer system. The system is accessible via a secure VPN from home. So this would affect only new applications, not existing applications.

And yes they are still working, based on multiple reply emails posted on this forum.
I think they are working. My post has been received next day. And month ago when I emailed them I actually replied them that I submit my application.
I got email reply from them that I will receive my reference number shortly.

Didn't received yet.

And they didn't said anywhere that they are not taking new application. They only said do not send passport and original documents.

I think 5-7 years ago it was only photocopy needed when you apply for naturalization. But things changed last few years ago that we have to send the original passport.

If I get the first letter soon I will update here

Thanks

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Fri May 15, 2020 10:23 am

littlerr wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 1:30 am

Lol. Funny.

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Post by ChristinaLeary » Thu May 21, 2020 7:21 pm

As per the new FAQ's on INIS website, they are now accepting new applications.

Patchwork
Newly Registered

Post by Patchwork » Fri May 22, 2020 6:43 am

ChristinaLeary wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:21 pm
Where does it say that - can you post a link? I can see a notice from yesterday that they are now allowing electronic applications for 'permission to remain in the state letters' for Stamps 1, 1A, 1G, 2 and 4, but can't see anything on citizenship applications.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri May 22, 2020 10:33 am

Patchwork wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:43 am
ChristinaLeary wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:21 pm
Where does it say that - can you post a link? I can see a notice from yesterday that they are now allowing electronic applications for 'permission to remain in the state letters' for Stamps 1, 1A, 1G, 2 and 4, but can't see anything on citizenship applications.
In the FAQ document on INIS home page. I remember they said they now accept completed applications (that is, signed off and witnessed by a solicitor with all mandatory documents attached).

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Fri May 22, 2020 11:52 am

littlerr wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:33 am
In the FAQ document on INIS home page. I remember they said they now accept completed applications (that is, signed off and witnessed by a solicitor with all mandatory documents attached).
Q101 Should I send in my Citizenship application?
A.Only fully completed forms should be submitted at this time. For the avoidance of any misunderstanding that means that the statutory declaration has to be completed fully. Due to the restrictions imposed due to the COVID-19healthcare crisis, significant delays are inevitable in the return of documentation.

There was also request that statutory declaration should been within 28 days prior it was send. Not sure are solicitors open though for statuary declaration.