ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 months gap no CSI

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

uklondonn
Spain

10 months gap no CSI

Post by uklondonn » Tue May 19, 2020 9:38 pm

Hi all,

After posting the BAD news for all Europeans having gaps 5 years before applying for Settle Status... I've been thinking in any possibility to have a success application.

I know it's going to be difficult... But I might have an opportunity.

I came to England as a student. During that time I had a valid European Health Insurance Card until it expired. After expiring I had 2 months without CSI. I was looking for a job during that time..
But this is the only I can prove with emails:
2 interviews in 2 months. Exactly the 2 months I've got gaps. And also some alerts I was receiving every time there was a matching job. (Every week more or less)

I posted my cv in many websites but I don't have any proof about that. I have received many calls and telephone interviews during that time but again, no proof.

Coming back to the interviews, in the second interview I actually got the job, but didn't started until the next month.

So 2 months without too much proves about seeking for a job and also... the 3rd month with half a month with no job and no more interviews because I had already a job.

I also got an insurance (death and medical insurance while abroud). But it's not in english, and It doesn't show what it covers for medical assistance, only about the funeral, etc... I'm guessing this is not a valid proof?

Do I have a good chance of success?

Many thanks

Rbgotpwr

Re: 10 months gap no CSI

Post by Rbgotpwr » Fri May 22, 2020 6:58 pm

Hello

2 months gap is not much and won’t be a problem. We are taking more of a 6 month gap where there should be requirement for CSI.

uklondonn
Spain

Post by uklondonn » Sun May 24, 2020 2:23 am

Rbgotpwr wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:58 pm
Hello

2 months gap is not much and won’t be a problem. We are taking more of a 6 month gap where there should be requirement for CSI.
Those 6 months come from your past experience, someone else experience read on forums or did you read it on any guide?

It would be really useful to know it so I can prepare better my application and cover letter.

Thanks!

Rbgotpwr

Post by Rbgotpwr » Sun May 24, 2020 4:22 am

The 6 months comes from the amount of time an European can exercise treaty rights and be a ‘jobseeker’ before he/she can be asked to leave the UK due to lack of occupation.

The rule wasn’t enforced by the UK when it was an EU member state but does exist under EU law.