ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Free NHS 1 year visa for Tier 2 dependant?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anveshkool
Newly Registered

Free NHS 1 year visa for Tier 2 dependant?

Post by anveshkool » Sat May 23, 2020 1:07 pm

Hi everyone
I need some suggestions regarding the visa to apply.
I'm on Tier2 dependent which expires in July 2020, Eligible for ILR next year. Though I need a few months of dependant visa still I've to apply 3 years visa cost's around £2500+ (Visa fee + IHS + Sopra Appointment). On top, I've to pay another £3000 again for ILR next year.

If I apply free 1 year Visa extensions for NHS, will it be the Tier 2 dependent extension or Tier 2 general (COS from Trust)?

I don't want to apply Tier 2 general because it resets my visa, which I won't be eligible for ILR next year instead I've to wait for 5 more years.

Thanks in advance for your time. Please spare a min.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Free NHS 1 year visa for Tier 2 dependant?

Post by Djsuccess » Sat May 23, 2020 3:20 pm

anveshkool wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:07 pm
Hi everyone
I need some suggestions regarding the visa to apply.
I'm on Tier2 dependent which expires in July 2020, Eligible for ILR next year. Though I need a few months of dependant visa still I've to apply 3 years visa cost's around £2500+ (Visa fee + IHS + Sopra Appointment). On top, I've to pay another £3000 again for ILR next year.

If I apply free 1 year Visa extensions for NHS, will it be the Tier 2 dependent extension or Tier 2 general (COS from Trust)?

I don't want to apply Tier 2 general because it resets my visa, which I won't be eligible for ILR next year instead I've to wait for 5 more years.

Thanks in advance for your time. Please spare a min.
What is the status of the person whose dependent you are?
You are extending your TIer 2 dependent visa and not Tier 2 general. Tier 2 general will be a totally different application and requirements which you must meet. Including salary, RLMT etc.if applicable
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

anveshkool
Newly Registered

Post by anveshkool » Sun May 24, 2020 5:13 pm

HI DJsuccess,

Thanks for the reply, I'm dependant on my HUSBAND has got ILR.
I'll start working at NHS from next week. As my dependant visa expires at the end of July.
I need an extension to continue 5 years which will be next April so to apply ILR.
If I apply on my own as Tier 2 Dependant visa, I've to pay around £2500

As GOV is giving a free 1 year NHS visa, wondering can I use the free options to apply Tier 2 Dependant?

YES, Tier 2 general is different and I don't want to go for it as it resets my clock of 5 years to apply ILR :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 24, 2020 5:37 pm

What work do you do and will you do in the NHS??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anveshkool
Newly Registered

Post by anveshkool » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:13 am

Hi,
My husband who got ILR last august works in the Automotive company.
I work in the NHS. Right now I'm Tier 2 dependant visa which expires next month 18th.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:37 am

I did ask what work you do in the NHS. Not all NHS staff are medical or clinical!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.