ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 4 with in UK Covid-19

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KIRANPURABIA
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 4 with in UK Covid-19

Post by KIRANPURABIA » Sat May 23, 2020 4:01 pm

Hi All,
I am looking forward for your guidance on my query related to switch from Tier2 ICT dependent to Tier 4 main applicant.
I am in the UK on a Tier2 -ICT visa and will be finishing my 5years in Oct-2020, my wife (PBS -dependent) has just completed her bachelors from the UK university and she is looking forward to apply for a Msc now, she already has an offer from the UK university (HEI) for course stating 12-Oct-2020 which is before my current visa expiry date and CAS will be issued in July.

Q.1
I wanted to understand as per the below guidance from home office on temporary residents will she be allowed to apply for her Tier 4 (General) from within the UK in the month of July’20 or is this only for people whose expires before 31July?
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

Even though our VISA expires in Oct-2020, I will not want to wait until last moment to apply for her Tier4, instead will want to get this done with in July or Aug max, offcourse if situation gets back to normal we will be happy to go back to the home country and apply from there as normal process but that looks extremely unclear at this point and I am not sure what will be best option for me. keep hoping the extension extends till 31-Oct or travel situation get back to normal or find a way to apply from UK :(

I want to point out in the current situation, that its not only people whose VISA expires before 31st July are in need for applying from within UK but also there are people who anyways needs to apply in this period irrespective of their current visa expiry date. I am hopeful home office will have thought about solution for those people as well and may be I am not able to interpret it.

Q.2
One additional question, for sake of getting clarity let say if she is allowed to apply for her Tier4 in Jul and if it gets approved, as her course start date is 12-Oct I trust her new Tier4 will have start date as one month before the course start date approximately around 12-Sep. As mentioned, this Visa will be applied in July will be approved in July and will have a start date of 12-Sep, in this case what will be here status for the month of Aug? For the gap period from approved date and start date will she still be able to hold on to her Tier 2 ICT PBS dependent status?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 4 with in UK Covid-19

Post by sah10406 » Sun May 24, 2020 5:03 pm

KIRANPURABIA wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:01 pm
I wanted to understand as per the below guidance from home office on temporary residents will she be allowed to apply for her Tier 4 (General) from within the UK in the month of July’20 or is this only for people whose expires before 31July?
It specifically says that this concession is only for those whose "leave expires between 24 January 2020 and 31 July 2020."
KIRANPURABIA wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:01 pm
One additional question, for sake of getting clarity let say if she is allowed to apply for her Tier4 in Jul and if it gets approved,...
She does not come under the current concession, so she will not be able to use it anyway.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

KIRANPURABIA
Newly Registered
India

Post by KIRANPURABIA » Tue May 26, 2020 12:15 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, can you please assist with more one question related to the same.

What options do I have if I need to apply for her Visa in Aug (given that's approx 8 weeks before her course start) but I am unable to travel to my home country and get visa application done there and if the next extension in UK does not cover people whose VISA expires in Oct.

Will I need to wait until such a time when travel to home country is allowed or extension cover Oct visa expiry? In that case there are chances I might lose her admission as it needs waiting until very last moment, any option available for people in this condition?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue May 26, 2020 12:18 pm

KIRANPURABIA wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:15 pm
Will I need to wait until such a time when travel to home country is allowed or extension cover Oct visa expiry?
Yes.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

KIRANPURABIA
Newly Registered
India

Post by KIRANPURABIA » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:51 am

Hi,

Looking at the guidelines below looks like we are now able to use the exception and apply from UK even if the VISA expires after 31st Jul for cases where you normally have to travel to your home country.
Hope my understanding is correct here.

It will great if someone can help me understand following thing:

Apply before 31st July, does this mean making an application online before 31st July and your biometric/visa appointment can be anytime in July/Aug/Sep depending upon availability with the vfs center or the actual appointment dates need to be before 31st July to avail benefit of this exception?

Regards,
K

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:45 pm

KIRANPURABIA wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:51 am
Apply before 31st July, does this mean making an application online before 31st July and your biometric/visa appointment can be anytime in July/Aug/Sep depending upon availability with the vfs center
Yes.

The date of application is defined in paragraph 34G(4) the immigration rules as when you submit the online application.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... -in-the-uk