ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long term Residency and naturalization

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

barter
BANNED
Mood:
India

Address proof for previous years but issue date 2020

Post by barter » Mon May 11, 2020 12:44 pm

Hi,

Please take a minute to advice.

I am trying to collect address proof for last 5 years.

For example : for year 2016, I dont had any bills but I have asked for claim statement from insurance they provided me the copy of them via email that had my 2016 address , date claim processed of 2016 but issue date is of today like 11/05/2020.

Will this be an issue, letter with address of 2016 but issue date of 2020 and to use it as address proof for 2016 ? please advice if any one faced any problem like this.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Address proof for previous years but issue date 2020

Post by littlerr » Mon May 11, 2020 12:49 pm

That should be fine. I would imagine that all kinds of official correspondences should come with a current date. If you think that the letter is really confusing and there is a chance that INIS might get confused, you can always attach a cover letter or even just a sticky note on the side of the letter.

barter
BANNED
Mood:
India

Calculating ansense is it Calendar Year or Year backward from application date

Post by barter » Fri May 22, 2020 3:39 pm

From Naturalization Application Form 8 : "Point 5.6 Have you been absent from the State for more than 6 weeks per annum in any of the past 5 years?"

My question is : How '6 weeks per annum in any of the past 5 years' , will be calculated ?

a) Based on Calendar year : Jan 2019 - Dec 2019 , Jan 2018 - Dec 2018....
or,
b) Is calculated backwards from the date the application is applied for example: if applied in May then: May 2020 -May 2019, May 2019 -May 2018, May 2018 - May 2017

barter
BANNED
Mood:
India

Re: Calculating absense is it Calendar Year or Year backward from application date

Post by barter » Fri May 22, 2020 5:38 pm

My apologies , it's *absence* in subject line. I'm not able to edit and fix the subject line .

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Re: Calculating ansense is it Calendar Year or Year backward from application date

Post by ChristinaLeary » Sat May 23, 2020 11:52 am

Hi,

Based on the information that i received from citizenship department via email, it is per calendar year. also based on this reply, it seems that if your work absences are not for a period longer than 6 weeks in a year, that means you dont need to explain them or list them.

"Thank you for your email. A reasonable and generous period of up to 6 week
per calendar year is allowed to provide for absences from the State for
normal holidays and other short term and temporary nature absences, such as
for a family bereavement. The onus is on the applicant to ensure that their
registration with GNIB is kept up to date. Absences of more than 6 weeks
in any year need to be listed and a brief note explaining the reason for
each absence need to be submitted your application for naturalisation.
Absences totalling 6 weeks or more in any year will be deducted in their
entirety from your reckonable residence in the State. Date of departure and
date of arrival are not counted when calculating you total absences from
the State.

If you were out of the country for work purposes for a period longer than 6
weeks, please forward a copy of your P60’s for each year of residence
claimed along with a letter from your employer stating the dates you were
abroad for work purposes to support your application.

Each case is examined on its own merits and submitted to the Minister for
decision. Please be advised that a determination on whether an applicant
satisfies the statutory criteria attendant to naturalisation can only be
made after an application is received"

Regards

hako
Turkey

Re: Calculating ansense is it Calendar Year or Year backward from application date

Post by hako » Sat May 23, 2020 3:32 pm

ChristinaLeary wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:52 am
Hi,

Based on the information that i received from citizenship department via email, it is per calendar year. also based on this reply, it seems that if your work absences are not for a period longer than 6 weeks in a year, that means you dont need to explain them or list them.

the State.

Regards
Its good to know they don't count your date of departure and arrival from the state. In my application, I thought I was exceeding 6 weeks so I gave them detailed reasons for it but since they don't count those days my days of being out of the state became 40 days suddenly. I guess I should be fine after this info.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat May 23, 2020 6:32 pm

That’s very interesting and good to know actually. I believe many people (me included) thought it was the other way around.

barter
BANNED
Mood:
India

Post by barter » Sun May 24, 2020 1:17 am

ChristinaLeary wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:52 am
Hi,

the State.

Regards
1) In response I got from department, you are right arrival and departure dates are not calculated.
2) I got a clear response that's it's calculated date backward from date of application and not calendar year

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun May 24, 2020 1:46 pm

I had a chat with an immigration solicitor friend, and he is of the same opinion that this is based on the application date rather than the calendar year. They had a few rejected naturalisation cases and they were all calculated based on application date.
I’m interested to know whether it’s simply a misuse of words from one specific INIS staff or if they have really changed their requirement.

barter
BANNED
Mood:
India

Post by barter » Sun May 24, 2020 2:11 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:46 pm
I had a chat with an immigration solicitor friend, and he is of the same opinion that this is based on the application date rather than the calendar year. They had a few rejected naturalisation cases and they were all calculated based on application date.
I’m interested to know whether it’s simply a misuse of words from one specific INIS staff or if they have really changed their requirement.
Correct , form : point 5.6 uses word 'per annum' and not 'calendar year' as well as in response I got from department it's say calculation of reckonable residence is backward from application date.

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Post by ChristinaLeary » Sun May 24, 2020 10:33 pm

Hi barter,

Can you please post their email reply in the thread here? If INIS is responding differently then this will definitely cause confusion.

barter
BANNED
Mood:
India

Naturalization Application advice on absent days

Post by barter » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:24 pm

Hi expats,

I need your advice and suggestions as I'm confused about right time to apply for naturalization. I have completed 5 years in Ireland and I'm elegible to apply for naturalization. However,
  • In first 3 years , I was away for almost 2 months(more than 6 weeks in year) each year - that means 6 months in total
  • In last 2 years, I was away for 1 month each year(less tha 6 weeks in year) - that means 2 months in total

I know by other threads in this forum(very helpful), I have to cover 6 months of first 3 years as I was away for more than 6 weeks those years - this part I got it.

My question is , should I cover for 1 month each away in last 2 year also ? or, just for 6 months from first 3 years ?

PS :I want to apply as soon as possible but at the same time, I want to do correctly and not get rejection saying all days not covered ? please suggest. thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalization Application advice on absent days

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:44 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

barter
BANNED
Mood:
India

Post by barter » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:08 am

barter wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:24 pm
Hi expats,

I need your advice and suggestions as I'm confused about right time to apply for naturalization. I have completed 5 years in Ireland and I'm elegible to apply for naturalization. However,
  • In first 3 years , I was away for almost 2 months(more than 6 weeks in year) each year - that means 6 months in total
  • In last 2 years, I was away for 1 month each year(less tha 6 weeks in year) - that means 2 months in total

I know by other threads in this forum(very helpful), I have to cover 6 months of first 3 years as I was away for more than 6 weeks those years - this part I got it.

My question is , should I cover for 1 month each away in last 2 year also ? or, just for 6 months from first 3 years ?

PS :I want to apply as soon as possible but at the same time, I want to do correctly and not get rejection saying all days not covered ? please suggest. thank you
Could anyone please shed some light on this question, please ?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:01 pm

You do not need to count any absence day if your total leave for the year is less than 6 weeks.

barter
BANNED
Mood:
India

Letter from Landlord for address

Post by barter » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:57 pm

Hi,
I was living in a shared accommation where all bills were included in rent and no lease.

For Form 8, naturalization application as proof of address , I have asked my landlord to write a letter confirming I was living in the house.

Could anyone please suggest what all things should be mentioned in the letter or is there any particular format to follow ?

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:00 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

barter
BANNED
Mood:
India

Long term Residency and naturalization

Post by barter » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:04 pm

Hi,
I'm having some confusion about Long term Residency and if someone can please help:

1) Is it ok to apply for LTR along with naturalization application or its not recommended ?
2) How long it takes for LTR application to process and approve by department ?
3) After LTR is approved, IRP card provided by GNIB is for 5 years or is it for 3 years and then need to be renewed, again ?

Thanks a lot !!

barter
BANNED
Mood:
India

Re: Long term Residency and naturalization

Post by barter » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:59 pm

CR001 why are you keep merging different threads and questions ? Main topic of my recent questions is LTR , it's very confusing .

hako
Turkey

Post by hako » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:16 am

barter wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:04 pm
Hi,
I'm having some confusion about Long term Residency and if someone can please help:

1) Is it ok to apply for LTR along with naturalization application or its not recommended ?
2) How long it takes for LTR application to process and approve by department ?
3) After LTR is approved, IRP card provided by GNIB is for 5 years or is it for 3 years and then need to be renewed, again ?

Thanks a lot !!
If you mean Permanent residency by LTR this is how it went for me. I had S4EUFAM residency which is valid for 5 years period. I was eligible to to apply for naturalisation by November last year but my IRP was due to expire in March this year. So, long story short once your naturalisation is accepted the department wants you to hold a valid IRP card. Due to this I applied for permanent residency (EU3 application) 6,5 months before it expired.

It took roughly 4 and a half months for me to get the 10 year residency but this time interval would not be the same anymore. If you hold S4EUFAM or S4 the next move they will recommend you to get permanent residency once you have 5 years of period in the stated is completed.

barter
BANNED
Mood:
India

Post by barter » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:21 am

Thanks hako, great information. I'm looking to apply for LTR based on 2 years CSEP and 4 years Stamp 4. From your story, I got little more information about the process.

Can I also ask after LTR, you still have to register for IRP card and what is the validity of IRP card (2/3/5/10 years)?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:38 am

LTR = 5 years Stamp 4 (or when your passport expires, whichever happens first).

Once you have 8 years of Stamp 1/4 in total, you can apply for Stamp 5 which is valid for 10 years.

Note that the permanent residency based on Stamp 4EUFAM is completely different from your LTR process. EU Treaty Rights are known to be much more flexible and liberal than what domestic immigration rights can offer.

barter
BANNED
Mood:
India

Post by barter » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:32 pm

Thanks Littlerr, you are heart and soul of this forum always been very resposive :)

Non-EU after 5 years (2 years CSEP + 3 years Stamp 4), I understand,:
  • Can apply for LTR and naturalization application together, correct ?
  • If approved, IRP card (Stamp 4) for 5 years is provided ?
  • By chance, do you know how long for Non EU it takes to processed ?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:58 pm

Yes you can apply for LTR and naturalisation at the same time.

And yes LTR is issues for 5 years, as long as your passport has more than 5 years validity.

I applied LTR about 2 months after I applied for naturalisation. My naturalisation application was approved in 9 months, but I never heard anything other than an acknowledgment from LTR. I later just sent them an email asking them to cancel my LTR application after I got my naturalisation certificate.