ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 5 twice with different passports

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lhp1977
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Applying for Tier 5 twice with different passports

Post by lhp1977 » Mon May 18, 2020 10:45 pm

Is it possible to apply for a Tier 5 visa for a second time using a different passport than the first application (i.e. dual citizenship)?

In case the second application is rejected which fees (Entry Clearance, IHS and Biometrics) would be refunded?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for Tier 5 twice with different passports

Post by sah10406 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:30 am

lhp1977 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:45 pm
Is it possible to apply for a Tier 5 visa for a second time using a different passport than the first application (i.e. dual citizenship)?
It depends which Tier 5 visa you mean. There are seven different types. See

https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas > "Shorrt-term work visas".

If you mean getting a second Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa, the answer is no that is not possible. A second application would be refused under paragraph 245ZK(g) of the immigration rules:

(g) The applicant must not previously have spent time in the UK as a Working Holidaymaker or a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Temporary Migrant;

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... sed-system
lhp1977 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:45 pm
In case the second application is rejected which fees (Entry Clearance, IHS and Biometrics) would be refunded?
I assume you mean refused, not rejected. When it was refused, only the IHS would be refunded.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.