ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Elderly dependent Visa Process

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samhita.bhattacharya
Newly Registered

Elderly dependent Visa Process

Post by samhita.bhattacharya » Tue May 26, 2020 11:55 am

All

I am looking for some recent success case and guidance for my Mom who is 75 to process her visa nd bring permanently to UK with me next year once COVID situation is over .She is non EU citizen and recently widowed .As i am single child no one else to look after my dad passes away .
I am British citizen ,so need guidance how to process her visa .

Regards
Samhita

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Elderly dependent Visa Process

Post by CR001 » Tue May 26, 2020 12:01 pm

Difficult visa to get with a high refusal rate. If you apply and it is refused, it shuts the door to any future visitor visas.

What country is your mom in/from??

immigration-for-family-members/adult-de ... 87771.html

immigration-for-family-members/older-de ... 42420.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samhita.bhattacharya
Newly Registered

Post by samhita.bhattacharya » Tue May 26, 2020 3:25 pm

She is from India .

samhita.bhattacharya
Newly Registered

Post by samhita.bhattacharya » Tue May 26, 2020 3:27 pm

Indeed u will get domestic help in India but staying alone is difficult for elderly its an emotional attachment.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 26, 2020 3:34 pm

Unfortunately, the Home Office does not base their decisions on emotion. They follow the immigration rules strictly and to the letter and base their decisions on facts, especially since the Adult Dependent Visa rules would make far harder in July 2012.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 26, 2020 4:11 pm

The emotional attachment is something that the Home Office will not look at.

Just to set expectations, according to Home Office stats, only 6% are successful on initial applications, and a further 16% after expensive court appeals. Which means that even after appeals, about 80% of all Adult Dependent Relative applications are unsuccessful.

If you are that anxious to move your mother closer to home, move (permanently) to another EEA member-state before December 2020 and invite your mother there under EU law. That will not give her any right to move to the UK, but she will be able to live with you in any non-UK EEA member-state that you reside in before December 2020.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.