ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Thaleia
Newly Registered

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Thaleia » Wed May 27, 2020 12:12 pm

repeatcell wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 12:06 pm
Thaleia wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:54 am
This has been a stressful few months for me. I submitted my ILR on the 8th of March!!
My biometric appointment was rescheduled 4 times until 8th July!
Now this has disappeared from my account, I have not received an email to rebook, I can’t rebook an appointment because it’s all full, what is going on?? :cry:
When I rebooked my appointment last night, all bookings starting second of June were available. It seems appointments will be opened very soon for everyone. The email I received mentioned that I have been invited to rebook in their first phase of reopening.
Can I just ask, if you don’t mind sharing, when is your visa due to expire , and when was your original biometric appointment?

This is for me to make sense of all of this and make myself feel better.

repeatcell
Mood:

Post by repeatcell » Wed May 27, 2020 12:31 pm

Thaleia wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 12:12 pm
repeatcell wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 12:06 pm
Thaleia wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:54 am
This has been a stressful few months for me. I submitted my ILR on the 8th of March!!
My biometric appointment was rescheduled 4 times until 8th July!
Now this has disappeared from my account, I have not received an email to rebook, I can’t rebook an appointment because it’s all full, what is going on?? :cry:
When I rebooked my appointment last night, all bookings starting second of June were available. It seems appointments will be opened very soon for everyone. The email I received mentioned that I have been invited to rebook in their first phase of reopening.
Can I just ask, if you don’t mind sharing, when is your visa due to expire , and when was your original biometric appointment?

This is for me to make sense of all of this and make myself feel better.
My visa expires in November this year and my original appointment was on 2 April - which obviously I couldn't attend.

singma33

Post by singma33 » Wed May 27, 2020 12:46 pm

My appointment was also in March, rescheduled to May then June and it disappeared.

cliftonianbristol
Turkey

Post by cliftonianbristol » Wed May 27, 2020 4:13 pm

It seems that appointments are not full -- they are just not visible.
They will let people in phases to access it. So no need to panic just yet :)

Thaleia
Newly Registered

Post by Thaleia » Wed May 27, 2020 6:57 pm

cliftonianbristol wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:13 pm
It seems that appointments are not full -- they are just not visible.
They will let people in phases to access it. So no need to panic just yet :)
I’m going to choose to believe this, to prevent myself from having a mental breakdown lol

t2momodu
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by t2momodu » Wed May 27, 2020 7:15 pm

As an update I have just received a generic email advising that theyd be in contact soon.

Dear xxxxxxxxx,

You are receiving this email because you have registered a new application with the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) since the 1 January 2020.

If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure that they are informed immediately.

Following government guidelines and Public Health England advice on COVID-19, UKVCAS, in conjunction with UKVI, will begin a controlled, phased re-opening of Service Points from 1 June 2020.

Our priority remains the safety of customers and staff to ensure we deliver an effective service that meets public health guidelines. This means that initially we can only offer our service at a reduced number of locations, and at a lower capacity than usual. Service Points are being re-opened when it is safe and measures are in place to protect customers and staff. Where public health and travel restrictions remain in place, or other requirements are not met, UKVCAS will not resume services at this time.

We understand that this may affect your booking and that it may not be possible for you to attend an appointment at one of open sites. We appreciate your continued patience during these unprecedented times.

We appreciate that some customers may be disappointed that their regional or local service points are not re-opening at this time. Please be assured, however, that every customer is important to UKVCAS and we will be reviewing the new approach regularly to assess when we are able to open more appointments, additional sites and bookings for all customers.

Whilst we will work as efficiently as possible, there may be slight delays to normal service standards as we work within new COVID-19 safety guidelines. We appreciate your continued patience during these unprecedented times.

How does this affect me?
The government's response to COVID-19 has meant that many customers who had an existing appointment, prior to the suspension of the service, have had their appointments postponed. With the agreement of UKVI, we will be sending all those customers an email explaining the next steps they need to take to rebook their appointment. If you are in this group and have not already received an email, you may receive one soon. We ask that you continue to check this registered email address for updates.

Unfortunately, if you did not have an existing appointment, prior to the suspension of the service, you will not be able to book an appointment at this time. Please be assured that we will be reviewing the new approach regularly to assess when we are able to open bookings for all customers.

If you have any further questions, please go to the UKVCAS website for the latest messages.

For the latest information on implications for your Visa application, please check UKVI’s Immigration Guidance at GOV.UK.

Next Steps
Please check your registered email regularly for the latest updates and information on when bookings will be re-opened for all customers.

Please be aware that until then, whilst the re-open sites will appear on the website, you will not be able to find or book an appointment.

For your health and wellbeing
The UKVCAS website will include the key measures we are putting in place at our sites for the health and wellbeing of our customers and staff. We recommend you read the latest information on the website before you attend for an appointment. You may notice these and other measures at the service point you attend.

For these measures to be effective we rely on all of our customers to follow any instructions given by our staff – these are for the safety and wellbeing of yourself and others.

We ask that you do not attend an appointment if you are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19. Please refer to the NHS website for any health related questions.

Once again, we ask that you please keep checking the UKVCAS website and this UKVCAS registered email account for the latest information and updates.

We appreciate your patience as we work with UKVI to resume our service safely

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Please note that we will never send an email to ask you to provide payment details.

UKVCAS

This email address is not monitored. If your question is not answered above, please check our website.

Jojo19

Post by Jojo19 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:34 pm

My appointment was on the 30th of Mar and was rescheduled 3 times to the 16th of June.

Got an email yesterday saying “ you have been identified as a customer that will be given access to the booking system in the first phase of service resumption”

I logged on and my Appointment for 16th of June was gone but was able to book the 4th of June which is even better.

Applied-1st of March (naturalisation)
Free appointment

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:20 pm

Jojo19 & others who got to email to rebook ,
Did you guys apply for super-priority ?
I assume they are giving preference to super-priority customer than standard one like me. My last appointment was scheduled on 22nd June, which is not appearing now and haven't got any email to rebook.

Thaleia
Newly Registered

Post by Thaleia » Wed May 27, 2020 9:22 pm

cracker1234 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:20 pm
I assume they are giving preference to super-priority customer than standard one like me. My last appointment was scheduled on 22nd June, which is not appearing now and haven't got any email to rebook.
I applied for super priority and I didn’t get any email :|

repeatcell
Mood:

Post by repeatcell » Wed May 27, 2020 9:26 pm

cracker1234 wrote:
I applied as a standard customer and rebboked yesterday for 6th June.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:31 pm

Then it's a complete luck. Keeping my finger crossed when mine one will turn..

Jojo19

Post by Jojo19 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:40 pm

cracker1234 wrote:
It was a standard appointment

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu May 28, 2020 1:35 am

cracker1234 wrote:
Super priority service is NOT related to UKVCAS at all :!: :!: :!:
It is service offered by Home Office/UKVI for getting a visa decision within 24 hours of your biometrics. It has nothing to do with appointment booking as all applicants must attend biometrics not matter what visa service they paid for.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

singma33

Post by singma33 » Thu May 28, 2020 8:49 am

Just to update I had an appointment for March, then changed to May then 16th June and it was cancelled. I could not see any appointments available on the website but now I can see some slots available even without receiving any email from them, I have booked it for 13th June.

I just have a question, so I applied end of March and all of my documents are dated around then and the payslips/bank statements corresponds to the 6 months before end of March. Do I need to get payslips/bank statements again for the last 2 months April and May or no need because the date I applied matters?

repeatcell
Mood:

Post by repeatcell » Thu May 28, 2020 9:14 am

singma33 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:49 am
Just to update I had an appointment for March, then changed to May then 16th June and it was cancelled. I could not see any appointments available on the website but now I can see some slots available even without receiving any email from them, I have booked it for 13th June.

I just have a question, so I applied end of March and all of my documents are dated around then and the payslips/bank statements corresponds to the 6 months before end of March. Do I need to get payslips/bank statements again for the last 2 months April and May or no need because the date I applied matters?
I have been told that they need to match the date you originally applied online i.e. March. So, no need to get the documents again.

t2momodu
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by t2momodu » Thu May 28, 2020 9:43 am

cracker1234 wrote:
I also applied for super priority (setM) on 23.03.2020 and havent gotten the email saying I've been identified bla bla bla, only got a generic mail which I've posted, I can only assume they are prioritising Tier 2 applicants!!

singma33

Post by singma33 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:53 am

t2momodu did you check your online account? I did not receive any instruction email to make a new booking but I just went online this morning and saw that slots were available so I just booked it.

cliftonianbristol
Turkey

Post by cliftonianbristol » Thu May 28, 2020 10:44 am

Thaleia wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:57 pm
I’m going to choose to believe this, to prevent myself from having a mental breakdown lol
Stragenly, few hours ago, I got an email from them, giving me priority access.
Indeed I managed to book for Victoria for the 10th. My initial [quadruply delayed] appointment was for 16th of June - Croydon. So I ended up with an appointment almost a week sooner, easier to get for me.

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:11 am

t2momodu wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 7:15 pm
As an update I have just received a generic email advising that theyd be in contact soon.

Dear xxxxxxxxx,

You are receiving this email because you have registered a new application with the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) since the 1 January 2020.

If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure that they are informed immediately.

Following government guidelines and Public Health England advice on COVID-19, UKVCAS, in conjunction with UKVI, will begin a controlled, phased re-opening of Service Points from 1 June 2020.

Our priority remains the safety of customers and staff to ensure we deliver an effective service that meets public health guidelines. This means that initially we can only offer our service at a reduced number of locations, and at a lower capacity than usual. Service Points are being re-opened when it is safe and measures are in place to protect customers and staff. Where public health and travel restrictions remain in place, or other requirements are not met, UKVCAS will not resume services at this time.

We understand that this may affect your booking and that it may not be possible for you to attend an appointment at one of open sites. We appreciate your continued patience during these unprecedented times.

We appreciate that some customers may be disappointed that their regional or local service points are not re-opening at this time. Please be assured, however, that every customer is important to UKVCAS and we will be reviewing the new approach regularly to assess when we are able to open more appointments, additional sites and bookings for all customers.

Whilst we will work as efficiently as possible, there may be slight delays to normal service standards as we work within new COVID-19 safety guidelines. We appreciate your continued patience during these unprecedented times.

How does this affect me?
The government's response to COVID-19 has meant that many customers who had an existing appointment, prior to the suspension of the service, have had their appointments postponed. With the agreement of UKVI, we will be sending all those customers an email explaining the next steps they need to take to rebook their appointment. If you are in this group and have not already received an email, you may receive one soon. We ask that you continue to check this registered email address for updates.

Unfortunately, if you did not have an existing appointment, prior to the suspension of the service, you will not be able to book an appointment at this time. Please be assured that we will be reviewing the new approach regularly to assess when we are able to open bookings for all customers.

If you have any further questions, please go to the UKVCAS website for the latest messages.

For the latest information on implications for your Visa application, please check UKVI’s Immigration Guidance at GOV.UK.

Next Steps
Please check your registered email regularly for the latest updates and information on when bookings will be re-opened for all customers.

Please be aware that until then, whilst the re-open sites will appear on the website, you will not be able to find or book an appointment.

For your health and wellbeing
The UKVCAS website will include the key measures we are putting in place at our sites for the health and wellbeing of our customers and staff. We recommend you read the latest information on the website before you attend for an appointment. You may notice these and other measures at the service point you attend.

For these measures to be effective we rely on all of our customers to follow any instructions given by our staff – these are for the safety and wellbeing of yourself and others.

We ask that you do not attend an appointment if you are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19. Please refer to the NHS website for any health related questions.

Once again, we ask that you please keep checking the UKVCAS website and this UKVCAS registered email account for the latest information and updates.

We appreciate your patience as we work with UKVI to resume our service safely

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Please note that we will never send an email to ask you to provide payment details.

UKVCAS

This email address is not monitored. If your question is not answered above, please check our website.
Hi I received the generic email same as you but have not received a re-booking email yet. However I logged on just now and found available appointments. So i booked on at london croydon at 16/5. Have not got a confirmation email yet. lets see if that works

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:20 am

singma33 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:53 am
t2momodu did you check your online account? I did not receive any instruction email to make a new booking but I just went online this morning and saw that slots were available so I just booked it.
Hi I did the same as you . Did you get an email confirming the appointment??

spikky

Post by spikky » Thu May 28, 2020 11:25 am

Anyone else getting this error message after selecting date and time? I am struggling from 2 days. I lodged a complaint and received an email response that there's no known IT access issues. Then what is this? Called a number they'd given and been on hold since half an hour. Dismal service.

Error
An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details. The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK_link_transaction_case_appointment". The conflict occurred in database "UKVI_FES_v8", table "dbo.link_transaction_case", column 'appointment_id'.

Thaleia
Newly Registered

Post by Thaleia » Thu May 28, 2020 11:30 am

t2momodu wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:43 am
cracker1234 wrote:
I also applied for super priority (setM) on 23.03.2020 and havent gotten the email saying I've been identified bla bla bla, only got a generic mail which I've posted, I can only assume they are prioritising Tier 2 applicants!!
I logged in into my account, there were slots available and I rebooked my appointment and have received confirmation. If they reschedule this again I'm going to have a proper mental breakdown. :| . I know I'm being a tad dramatic but this whole thing is so stressful.

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:54 am

Thaleia wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:30 am
t2momodu wrote:
cracker1234 wrote:
I logged in into my account, there were slots available and I rebooked my appointment and have received confirmation. If they reschedule this again I'm going to have a proper mental breakdown. :| . I know I'm being a tad dramatic but this whole thing is so stressful.
I completely agree. I'm so stressed too. I did the same and got a confirmation email.

May I ask did you recieve an email prior to your booking advising you to re-book?

I personally did not but just went ahead and booked anyway.

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Thu May 28, 2020 12:49 pm

They must've opened it up for anyone who's had a previous appointment. I guess you can go ahead and book a new appointment regardless of you receiving an email from them. I submitted my application after the lockdown so I don't have a biometrics appointment yet. I logged in and tried to find an appointment and there are no slots available. So, if you're able to book a slot I think you should go ahead with the booking because you're included in the first lot.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Thu May 28, 2020 1:51 pm

Thaleia wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:30 am
t2momodu wrote:
cracker1234 wrote:
What about the refund ? Have you guys got the money as your previous appointment was cancelled ?
I logged into my account and it allows me to book some free appointment so I should get my money back when the appointment was cancelled automatically. Moreover, is it possible to book at different centre than the earlier one which was cancelled automatically ?