ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC - Statement of Comparability

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NARIC - Statement of Comparability

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:42 pm

Eaxz45 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:01 pm
Hi,

Rather than start a new topic, I decided to put my query here as it's related to my wife's spouse visa application I believe.

We are expecting our first child next month and we were hoping to begin her application for a spouse visa next month but we have decided to push it back as I'm currently looking for new accommodation.

I looked at getting our new born a British passport as I got my citizenship via naturalisation (ILR after 10 year stay in the UK). Unless I'm mistaken, she automatically gets citizenship due to my status. One of the documents required for the passport application is "both parents’ full birth certificates (showing both the child’s and parents’ details) or both parents’ naturalisation or registration certificates". We do have our birth certificates but I was wondering about naturalisation certificate. I do not recall getting one when I obtained my passport in 2009, and I have come across the requirement in other applications like the Certificate of Entitlement or form MN1. Is this something that was introduced recently?

We are looking to include her documents as part of my wife's spouse visa application.
This post was loved to the British citizenship sub forum where I already answered your questions.

This British passport query is NOT relevant to the spouse visa topic or sub forum!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Eaxz45
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Eaxz45 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:39 pm

With regards to the current climate re the covid pandemic, will it make a difference to submit a spouse visa application even though the TSL centre is closed at the moment? The reason for asking is that my wife's TB certificate expires on the 10th of next month and we basically have everything ready for submitting the application but the TSL centre in Abuja, Nigeria is closed till further notice as a result of the pandemic. I'm not sure if we should wait until they reopen but that would mean doing another test if they don't open before the 10th of June.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue May 26, 2020 8:58 pm

Eaxz45 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:39 pm
With regards to the current climate re the covid pandemic, will it make a difference to submit a spouse visa application even though the TSL centre is closed at the moment? The reason for asking is that my wife's TB certificate expires on the 10th of next month and we basically have everything ready for submitting the application but the TSL centre in Abuja, Nigeria is closed till further notice as a result of the pandemic. I'm not sure if we should wait until they reopen but that would mean doing another test if they don't open before the 10th of June.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
You might not need to redo your TB test if you submit the application before its expiry.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed May 27, 2020 1:47 pm

If all the requirements are met now, go ahead and apply.
When TLSContact reopens, an appointment can then be booked to submit biometrics.

The application date will be the date the application fee is paid after submitting online regardless of when the VAC opens and the date biometrics are submitted.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Eaxz45
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Eaxz45 » Thu May 28, 2020 6:08 am

Korekt wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:47 pm
If all the requirements are met now, go ahead and apply.
When TLSContact reopens, an appointment can then be booked to submit biometrics.

The application date will be the date the application fee is paid after submitting online regardless of when the VAC opens and the date biometrics are submitted.
Thanks we will do that