ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 dependent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

basha87
Newly Registered
India

Switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 dependent

Post by basha87 » Thu May 21, 2020 2:30 pm

Hi,

Am currently working under Tier 2 ICT and my contract is expected to complete in some months. So to continue working in UK, my wife is planning to take up a post graduate course. Have few questions related to it. Do you mind to clear?

1. Does my wife has to travel back to home country to apply Tier 4 student visa?
2. If so, can she also process Tier 4 dependent visa for my kids whilst she apply for her back in home country?
3. Usually for bringing someone on a tourist visa, the UK sponsor must disclose some lump-sum money for backing up a sponsorship. Is this applicable for student type of visa too? if so, a student usually cannot have a salary or any lump sum money to disclose. pls confirm.
4. Finally If she able to get Tier 4 student visa, can i switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 dependent while am in UK or do i have to travel back to home country to change my visa type.

I clearly understand the current covid situation however I would like to get this clarified when it is ready for the travel. Thank you!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 dependent

Post by sah10406 » Thu May 21, 2020 5:32 pm

You don't say what visa your wife has, so I am assuming it is PBS Dependant.
basha87 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:30 pm
1. Does my wife has to travel back to home country to apply Tier 4 student visa?
Under normal circumstances, yes. See https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/ ... -this-visa

If the current concession is extended beyond 31 May 2020, she may be able to apply in the UK. See https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
basha87 wrote:
2. If so, can she also process Tier 4 dependent visa for my kids whilst she apply for her back in home country?
Yes. The requirements are explained in paragraph 319H(f) of part 8 of the immigration rules. See https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
basha87 wrote:
3. Usually for bringing someone on a tourist visa, the UK sponsor must disclose some lump-sum money for backing up a sponsorship. Is this applicable for student type of visa too? if so, a student usually cannot have a salary or any lump sum money to disclose. pls confirm.
The applicant must show they meet the maintenance requirement. You will know about this from when you applied for your own Tier 2 visa. The principle is the same, but the amounts and how the money has been held are different. See https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-3004
basha87 wrote:
4. Finally If she able to get Tier 4 student visa, can i switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 dependent while am in UK or do i have to travel back to home country to change my visa type.
There is a very short list of people who cannot apply in the UK as a PBS Dependant. Everyone else can. See paragraph 319C(h) of Part 8 of the immigration rules:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

basha87
Newly Registered
India

Post by basha87 » Wed May 27, 2020 2:17 pm

Hi Sah,

First of all thank you for all your valuable information.
Secondly, my wife is in Tier 2 ICT dependent visa.

Am trying to looking for some course, however my wife has very long break period of about 5 years from her academics. Under this circumstance will her Tier 4 visa rejected by any chance?

Also, i understand few of the courses/university avails additional 2 years of visa (excluding the academic period), in the event of such cases, is visa would be issued for the complete duration (course duration + years) at a single shot or issued on a periodic manner?

Thanks again for all your help. much appreciated.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed May 27, 2020 2:31 pm

basha87 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:17 pm
Am trying to looking for some course, however my wife has very long break period of about 5 years from her academics. Under this circumstance will her Tier 4 visa rejected by any chance?
Any university that is considering sponsoring her for a Tier 4 visa will be looking at her credibility or genuineness before deciding whether to sponsor her. Even if they are satisfied with that, the entry clearance officer will also consider it in their assessment of the application. To be honest, from what you say her application is led not be her wish to study, but by your wish to work. This could be an issue in respect of her credibility.
basha87 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:17 pm
Also, i understand few of the courses/university avails additional 2 years of visa (excluding the academic period), in the event of such cases, is visa would be issued for the complete duration (course duration + years) at a single shot or issued on a periodic manner?
You must be thinking of the proposed Graduate immigration route. That does not exist yet, but there is a detailed factsheet available online.

See https://homeofficemedia.blog.gov.uk/201 ... ion-route/
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.