ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UC

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shohjura

UC

Post by shohjura » Wed May 27, 2020 8:25 pm

Hey guys,
Hope everyone is well.
I have a question for my friend if you could please help that would be great.
Saw similar questions asked but couldn't find similar case.
My friend is on a Turkish Businessperson visa (no recourse to public funds) and married to his EU wife. They live in mortgaged house.
Can they both apply for UC? Or just his wife can apply so his upcoming ILR right is not affected?

Many thanks

shohjura

Re: UC

Post by shohjura » Wed May 27, 2020 8:27 pm

they are both furloughed from btw, getting half of their original income from furlough

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: UC

Post by JB007 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:00 am

shohjura wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:27 pm
they are both furloughed from btw, getting half of their original income from furlough
They should be getting at least 80% of their salary each under the govenment's furlough scheme.
shohjura wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:25 pm
My friend is on a Turkish Businessperson visa (no recourse to public funds) and married to his EU wife.
She has to declare both of their furlough money, even though he is NRPF, as she cannot claim as a sinlge person as that would be fraud. With Universal Credit, he NRPF cannot take benefit money through the claim of their partner anymore. For low income benefits, they might have too much income for Universal Credit.

shohjura wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:25 pm
They live in mortgaged house.
They won't be given any money from the UK's welfare state to help with their mortgage payments as the UK has stopped that. For the Support for Motrtgage Interest payments, they both need to have both been out of work for 39 weeks (without any working/income at all as that restarts their 39 weeks clock). Even then, this is only a loan now, with interst and charges added, that has to be paid back when they start working. Have they looked at taking a mortgage payment break? They need to contact their lender about that.