ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Life in the UK and English test centre closure **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Re: **** COVID19 Life in the UK and English test centre closure **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Aerotony » Wed May 27, 2020 8:59 am

Just called the test center helpline and they confirmed that the test centers will be re-opened on 1st of June. Good news!

Daided
Mexico

Re: **** COVID19 Life in the UK and English test centre closure **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Daided » Wed May 27, 2020 10:04 am

I had been rebooked two weeks ago for 7-Jul, but today I logged in and now there are slots available now from the first week of June! Mind you, not in the closest centre available, but who cares!
You need to access your account and manually rebook.

This seems to confirm some LitUK centres will reopen from first week of June.

Freetownean2
Newly Registered
Sierra Leone

Post by Freetownean2 » Thu May 28, 2020 12:11 am

Hi, does that mean one can cancel the 1st LiUk test and book a fresh test at the earliest date?
Would they issue my refund for my 1st booking? Any idea guys?

Daided
Mexico

Post by Daided » Thu May 28, 2020 8:03 am

Freetownean2 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:11 am
Hi, does that mean one can cancel the 1st LiUk test and book a fresh test at the earliest date?
Would they issue my refund for my 1st booking? Any idea guys?
Don't cancel anything. Access the website were you booked the test with your log in information. Access your appointment, there is an option to rebook the test, you don't cancel the existing one.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu May 28, 2020 11:02 am

https://www.lituktestbooking.co.uk/lituk-web/

COVID-19: Important Information for Candidates
From 1st June, we are beginning a phased resumption of services and we will be resuming testing at some of our test centres.
Please click on start your booking below to see where we are re-opening and to book your Life in the UK test.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Thu May 28, 2020 11:30 am

Hurrah! I booked my appt for next week!

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Thu May 28, 2020 11:37 am

In which centre - it seems its available in Glasgow but not in London

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu May 28, 2020 2:30 pm

Croydon had a number of slots in June open when I saw this morning
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu May 28, 2020 3:13 pm

THIS IS NOT the topic on UKVCAS bookings :!: :!: :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Thu May 28, 2020 5:34 pm

Yup I booked slots for Croydon life in the uk test next week

Freetownean2
Newly Registered
Sierra Leone

Post by Freetownean2 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:53 pm

Thanks so much guys, I have managed to rebook or have a slot at the Croydon Life in the UK test centre to a more closer date. My life in the uk test date was scheduled to be taken on the 24th July, now it's been rescheduled for the 6th June.
I wish myself good luck ahead🙂

Xiongmao
Newly Registered
China

Post by Xiongmao » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:56 pm

I just finished my life in UK test this afternoon in Hounslow London.
It is quite easy and you will get your reslut immediately after you finished your exam.

EPW
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by EPW » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:10 pm

Xiongmao wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:56 pm
It is quite easy and you will get your reslut immediately after you finished your exam.
I’ll be doing mine this Thursday in Ilford. Did you find the practice tests online more difficult than the real test?
My visa expires Friday...I’ll be submitting my application on Wednesday...just holding out faint hope they let people pay for priority before then even though we wouldn’t get an appointment for a few months.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:30 pm

EPW wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:10 pm
Xiongmao wrote:
I’ll be doing mine this Thursday in Ilford. Did you find the practice tests online more difficult than the real test?
My visa expires Friday...I’ll be submitting my application on Wednesday...just holding out faint hope they let people pay for priority before then even though we wouldn’t get an appointment for a few months.
Can you pls inform us if you manage to pay for priority?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:33 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 3:13 pm
Please do not ask questions regarding UKVI or UKVCAS here
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:36 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:33 pm
Zimba wrote:
Sorry! Is there a topic for this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:54 pm

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:36 pm
Zimba wrote:
Zimba wrote:
The topic immediately below this on the sub forum page, clearly titled.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/suspension-o ... 9-240.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:54 pm
AnILRApplicant wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:36 pm
Zimba wrote:
Zimba wrote:
The topic immediately below this on the sub forum page, clearly titled.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/suspension-o ... 9-240.html
Well to be fair, we're talking about not being able to pay for priority/super-priority and that topic is about biometrics - so is there a topic for that?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:58 pm

A separate topic is not really necessary. Please see: indefinite-leave-to-remain/suspension-o ... l#p1903059

Xiongmao
Newly Registered
China

Post by Xiongmao » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:52 am

EPW wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:10 pm
Xiongmao wrote:
it is just as easy as the online practice. You will pass it for sure!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:03 pm

Trinity Secure English Language Tests will restart from 8 June 2020

https://www.trinitycollege.com/qualific ... g-restarts

priasda85
Newly Registered
India

Post by priasda85 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:46 pm

Hi,
Just realised Life in UK Test centres have opened now. I'm trying to book an appointment for my wife(PBS dependant) who is going to apply for her ILR.
However first I found no available slots for next few days at any centres around London and since then I'm getting gateway timeout error.
Her current visa expires on 26th June and because of the current situation there is no option to travel back to India. Given she has breathing problem travelling far for this test is not ideal as well.
Is it possible to book a slot at a later date (assuming eventually I manage to get one) but still submit her application before 26th June? Not sure if there is any official guideline published yet.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:07 am

priasda85 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:46 pm
Hi,
Just realised Life in UK Test centres have opened now. I'm trying to book an appointment for my wife(PBS dependant) who is going to apply for her ILR.
However first I found no available slots for next few days at any centres around London and since then I'm getting gateway timeout error.
Her current visa expires on 26th June and because of the current situation there is no option to travel back to India. Given she has breathing problem travelling far for this test is not ideal as well.
Is it possible to book a slot at a later date (assuming eventually I manage to get one) but still submit her application before 26th June? Not sure if there is any official guideline published yet.
Yes apply before visa expiry. She does not need LIUK to submit an application online

priasda85
Newly Registered
India

Post by priasda85 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:06 am

Thanks, does it mean she doesn't need to give LIUK test at all or she can give it after the application submission.
I thought they require LIUK ref# in the application form before one can submit online.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:08 am

priasda85 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:06 am
Thanks, does it mean she doesn't need to give LIUK test at all or she can give it after the application submission.
I thought they require LIUK ref# in the application form before one can submit online.
No, it doesn't mean that she doesn't have to do the LIUK at all. Nothing has changed in the mandatory requirements for ILR.

She can do the test at a date before her biometric appointment. No one will be penalised due to delays in tests.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.