ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

t2momodu
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by t2momodu » Thu May 28, 2020 2:01 pm

underfire222 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:11 am
t2momodu wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 7:15 pm
As an update I have just received a generic email advising that theyd be in contact soon.

Dear xxxxxxxxx,

You are receiving this email because you have registered a new application with the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) since the 1 January 2020.

If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure that they are informed immediately.

Following government guidelines and Public Health England advice on COVID-19, UKVCAS, in conjunction with UKVI, will begin a controlled, phased re-opening of Service Points from 1 June 2020.

Our priority remains the safety of customers and staff to ensure we deliver an effective service that meets public health guidelines. This means that initially we can only offer our service at a reduced number of locations, and at a lower capacity than usual. Service Points are being re-opened when it is safe and measures are in place to protect customers and staff. Where public health and travel restrictions remain in place, or other requirements are not met, UKVCAS will not resume services at this time.

We understand that this may affect your booking and that it may not be possible for you to attend an appointment at one of open sites. We appreciate your continued patience during these unprecedented times.

We appreciate that some customers may be disappointed that their regional or local service points are not re-opening at this time. Please be assured, however, that every customer is important to UKVCAS and we will be reviewing the new approach regularly to assess when we are able to open more appointments, additional sites and bookings for all customers.

Whilst we will work as efficiently as possible, there may be slight delays to normal service standards as we work within new COVID-19 safety guidelines. We appreciate your continued patience during these unprecedented times.

How does this affect me?
The government's response to COVID-19 has meant that many customers who had an existing appointment, prior to the suspension of the service, have had their appointments postponed. With the agreement of UKVI, we will be sending all those customers an email explaining the next steps they need to take to rebook their appointment. If you are in this group and have not already received an email, you may receive one soon. We ask that you continue to check this registered email address for updates.

Unfortunately, if you did not have an existing appointment, prior to the suspension of the service, you will not be able to book an appointment at this time. Please be assured that we will be reviewing the new approach regularly to assess when we are able to open bookings for all customers.

If you have any further questions, please go to the UKVCAS website for the latest messages.

For the latest information on implications for your Visa application, please check UKVI’s Immigration Guidance at GOV.UK.

Next Steps
Please check your registered email regularly for the latest updates and information on when bookings will be re-opened for all customers.

Please be aware that until then, whilst the re-open sites will appear on the website, you will not be able to find or book an appointment.

For your health and wellbeing
The UKVCAS website will include the key measures we are putting in place at our sites for the health and wellbeing of our customers and staff. We recommend you read the latest information on the website before you attend for an appointment. You may notice these and other measures at the service point you attend.

For these measures to be effective we rely on all of our customers to follow any instructions given by our staff – these are for the safety and wellbeing of yourself and others.

We ask that you do not attend an appointment if you are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19. Please refer to the NHS website for any health related questions.

Once again, we ask that you please keep checking the UKVCAS website and this UKVCAS registered email account for the latest information and updates.

We appreciate your patience as we work with UKVI to resume our service safely

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Please note that we will never send an email to ask you to provide payment details.

UKVCAS

This email address is not monitored. If your question is not answered above, please check our website.
Hi I received the generic email same as you but have not received a re-booking email yet. However I logged on just now and found available appointments. So i booked on at london croydon at 16/5. Have not got a confirmation email yet. lets see if that works
Just done same as you, reserved it for 16.06.2020 at 08.30 Croydon, it didn't ask me to repay nor did the reservation send me a new email confirming the 16.06.20, it only shows that the appointment has been booked online!

t2momodu
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by t2momodu » Thu May 28, 2020 2:12 pm

@ underfire
I have just received an attachment with the appointment for 16.06.2020!!

spikky

Post by spikky » Thu May 28, 2020 3:41 pm

spikky wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:25 am
Anyone else getting this error message after selecting date and time? I am struggling from 2 days. I lodged a complaint and received an email response that there's no known IT access issues. Then what is this? Called a number they'd given and been on hold since half an hour. Dismal service.

Error
An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details. The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK_link_transaction_case_appointment". The conflict occurred in database "UKVI_FES_v8", table "dbo.link_transaction_case", column 'appointment_id'.
Finally got the error resolved after calling them and managed to book my appointment and received email confirmation. Phew!

Thaleia
Newly Registered

Post by Thaleia » Thu May 28, 2020 4:24 pm

underfire222 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:54 am
Thaleia wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:30 am
t2momodu wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:43 am
cracker1234 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:20 pm
Jojo19 & others who got to email to rebook ,
Did you guys apply for super-priority ?
I assume they are giving preference to super-priority customer than standard one like me. My last appointment was scheduled on 22nd June, which is not appearing now and haven't got any email to rebook.
I also applied for super priority (setM) on 23.03.2020 and havent gotten the email saying I've been identified bla bla bla, only got a generic mail which I've posted, I can only assume they are prioritising Tier 2 applicants!!
I logged in into my account, there were slots available and I rebooked my appointment and have received confirmation. If they reschedule this again I'm going to have a proper mental breakdown. :| . I know I'm being a tad dramatic but this whole thing is so stressful.
I completely agree. I'm so stressed too. I did the same and got a confirmation email.

May I ask did you recieve an email prior to your booking advising you to re-book?

I personally did not but just went ahead and booked anyway.
I receive the email advising me to re-book after I rebooked the appointment. :roll:
I don't think it matters. Hopefully no more headache!

Thaleia
Newly Registered

Post by Thaleia » Thu May 28, 2020 4:37 pm

cracker1234 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:51 pm
Thaleia wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:30 am
t2momodu wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:43 am
cracker1234 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:20 pm
Jojo19 & others who got to email to rebook ,
Did you guys apply for super-priority ?
I assume they are giving preference to super-priority customer than standard one like me. My last appointment was scheduled on 22nd June, which is not appearing now and haven't got any email to rebook.
I also applied for super priority (setM) on 23.03.2020 and havent gotten the email saying I've been identified bla bla bla, only got a generic mail which I've posted, I can only assume they are prioritising Tier 2 applicants!!
I logged in into my account, there were slots available and I rebooked my appointment and have received confirmation. If they reschedule this again I'm going to have a proper mental breakdown. :| . I know I'm being a tad dramatic but this whole thing is so stressful.
What about the refund ? Have you guys got the money as your previous appointment was cancelled ?
I logged into my account and it allows me to book some free appointment so I should get my money back when the appointment was cancelled automatically. Moreover, is it possible to book at different centre than the earlier one which was cancelled automatically ?
I'm still awaiting a refund from Sopra Steria from !12 weeks ago!. I booked it at the same place that I booked it before though. But should be possible to book it at a different centre as not all centres are currently open.

Ehd1202
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Ehd1202 » Thu May 28, 2020 4:53 pm

Hi All-

Wondering if anyone has received confirmation that when the centers reopen next week and biometric appointments start again that the home office will reintroduce priority/ super priority service?

My immigration lawyer seems to think there is no plan to reinstate this service at this time and everyone would have to wait for the standard (6 months plus) processing time.

This is obviously unfortunate especially for many folks who haven’t been able to travel for several months anyway due to Covid.

Thanks all!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 28, 2020 4:56 pm

Ehd1202 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 4:53 pm
Hi All-

Wondering if anyone has received confirmation that when the centers reopen next week and biometric appointments start again that the home office will reintroduce priority/ super priority service?

My immigration lawyer seems to think there is no plan to reinstate this service at this time and everyone would have to wait for the standard (6 months plus) processing time.

This is obviously unfortunate especially for many folks who haven’t been able to travel for several months anyway due to Covid.

Thanks all!
As has been repeated many times now on the forum, it is highly unlikely that the super priority or priority service will be opened until the substantial backlog across ALL immigration applications, has reduced substantially.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu May 28, 2020 5:08 pm

Priority visa processing service is a VISA SERVICE offer by UKVI. You choose this during application submission.

This is NOT related to the appointment booking services offered by UKVCAS.

Priority visa processing services are NOT offered by UKVI for now, possibly due to a large existing backlog

Zimba wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:35 am
Super priority service is NOT related to UKVCAS at all :!: :!: :!:
It is service offered by Home Office/UKVI for getting a visa decision within 24 hours of your biometrics. It has nothing to do with appointment booking as all applicants must attend biometrics not matter what visa service they paid for.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Thu May 28, 2020 6:48 pm

Ehd1202 wrote:
Hi All-

Thanks all!

Well I was looking at the message on the ILR application page and it’s changed from saying that super priority and priority are unavailable to saying you should apply as normal and you’ll should apply and then book a biometrics appointment when they become available

cliftonianbristol
Turkey

Post by cliftonianbristol » Fri May 29, 2020 7:31 am

I’d like to know if super-priorities are honoured now postpandemic. I applied before the lockdown, got an appointment for early June? I am curious how long it will take till I hear from HO after my biometrics.

Daided
Mexico

Post by Daided » Fri May 29, 2020 7:54 am

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 6:48 pm
Ehd1202 wrote:
Hi All-

Thanks all!

Well I was looking at the message on the ILR application page and it’s changed from saying that super priority and priority are unavailable to saying you should apply as normal and you’ll should apply and then book a biometrics appointment when they become available
Yes, I see the same message. Before it was telling you NOT to apply for priority or super priority service, now it only says to apply as normal, whatever that means.
If someone clear information about whether super priority service is available, kindly let us know.
For those that applied for it for their appointment was re-scheduled to June, have you been informed anything?

Barry465
Australia

Post by Barry465 » Fri May 29, 2020 8:21 am

At this stage I am going to wait over the next few weeks and see if the priority services become available and what things look like, by mid to late June. Unfortunately, for a lot of us - 'waiting 6 months' for a decision is not a viable option. If they are not going to offer these priority services, they need to look at speeding this process up, as that window is not acceptable to be honest.

Daided
Mexico

Post by Daided » Fri May 29, 2020 8:26 am

This seems to be the latest information.
Based on the very last paragraph it may seem priority or super priority could be available again. Mind you, the 5 working days or 48 hours is only after the UKVCAS appointment, not after the application is submitted online.

https://www.gov.uk/ukvcas

UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services
When you apply for a visa, settlement (‘indefinite leave to remain’) or citizenship in the UK, you’ll usually need to use UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS).

Use UKVCAS to provide:

your biometric information (fingerprints and photo)
supporting documents for your application
You’ll be told if you need to use UKVCAS when you apply.

What you need to do
You’ll need to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS service point to provide your biometric information.

You can provide your supporting documents either by:

uploading them into the UKVCAS online service
having them scanned at your UKVCAS appointment
Your immigration status will not be negatively affected if you cannot or do not want to attend an appointment because of coronavirus (COVID-19).

If you have not made an appointment
You cannot currently book an appointment at a UKVCAS service point because of coronavirus.

You must still create a UKVCAS account when you apply. This is so you can be contacted when new appointments become available.

Contact the Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre if you’re a critical worker, for example you work in a hospital or as a carer.

Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre
CIH@homeoffice.gov.uk
Telephone: 0800 678 1767
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Find out about call charges

If you have already made an appointment
If you’ve already made an appointment to attend a UKVCAS centre, you’ll be contacted and told what to do next.

Service point locations
The following service points will be open from 1 June:

Birmingham
Birmingham Premium Lounge
Chelmsford
Croydon
Exeter
Leeds
London Mark Lane Premium Lounge
London Victoria
Manchester Fountain Street Enhanced Service Point
Manchester Premium Lounge
Sheffield
Southampton
If your nearest service point is closed because of coronavirus
You might be offered an appointment at another service point if the one nearest to you is closed because of coronavirus.

If you cannot or do not want to attend this appointment, you can ask to wait for an appointment at a closer service point. This will not affect your immigration status.

How much it costs
You may need to pay a fee for your appointment, depending on the service point you choose. There are:

6 free ‘core’ service points
50 ‘enhanced’ service points
Depending on the service point, you’ll also be able to pay for:

out of hours or weekend appointments
extra services, for example document translation or an interpreter
Fee for giving biometric information
It costs £19.20 to give your biometric information if you are applying to extend your visa or switch to another visa while already in the UK. You’ll pay as part of your application.

Your appointment
When you go to your appointment, you’ll need to bring your:

appointment confirmation email (either a print-out or a copy on your phone or tablet)
passport or travel document
other supporting documents (unless you’ve already uploaded them online)
You’ll get a list of supporting documents you need to provide when you submit your application.

Family members
If your application includes family members, you must all go to an appointment together.

Children under 16
Children under 16 must go to the appointment with the person named as the ‘responsible adult’ on their application.

The responsible adult must bring photo ID with them. This must be a:

passport
photo driving license
national identity card
UK Biometric Residence Permit
If the responsible adult is not the parent or legal guardian (for example they are a member of staff from the child’s school) they must also bring written proof of responsibility for the child from:

the parent or legal guardian
a registered foster carer or social services representative

Getting a decision
You will not get a decision on your application at your appointment. How long a decision takes depends on what you applied for. You may be able to pay for a faster decision when you apply.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Fri May 29, 2020 8:41 am

Barry465 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:21 am
At this stage I am going to wait over the next few weeks and see if the priority services become available and what things look like, by mid to late June. Unfortunately, for a lot of us - 'waiting 6 months' for a decision is not a viable option. If they are not going to offer these priority services, they need to look at speeding this process up, as that window is not acceptable to be honest.
I agree wholeheartedly. That timeframe is impractical for a lot of people. Honestly, work needs to done to improve the speed of the standard service - 6 months for a "yes/no" decision seems very excessive. But that's not my cross to bear. I'll settle for them just reopening for all applicants & reinstating super priority in June

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri May 29, 2020 12:13 pm

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:41 am
Barry465 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:21 am
I agree wholeheartedly. That timeframe is impractical for a lot of people. Honestly, work needs to done to improve the speed of the standard service - 6 months for a "yes/no" decision seems very excessive. But that's not my cross to bear. I'll settle for them just reopening for all applicants & reinstating super priority in June
Reopening of UKVCAS has NOTHING to do with priority visa services. UKVI does not have caseworkers to offer priority visa processing given the existing backlog :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

anyuhatfield
Newly Registered
China

Post by anyuhatfield » Fri May 29, 2020 1:26 pm

I submitted my online application on Mar. The appointment has been rescheduled twice, and my new appointment is 5/June. My payslip, bankstatment etc are uploaded online for March, do i need to re-upload new payslips/back statements for May since the appointment is June?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 29, 2020 1:38 pm

anyuhatfield wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:26 pm
I submitted my online application on Mar. The appointment has been rescheduled twice, and my new appointment is 5/June. My payslip, bankstatment etc are uploaded online for March, do i need to re-upload new payslips/back statements for May since the appointment is June?
No!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Meet32
India

Post by Meet32 » Fri May 29, 2020 10:31 pm

Pls help me pls

I booked the appointment on 23rd March for 21st April submitted my application on 23rd March
But then I recieved email not to attend
I cancelled my appointment then
But I didn’t recieve anything now for rebooking
My Freind did same but he was booked for 7th April but didn’t cancel his appointment
It changed twice then he recieved email to book again & booked his for 1st June
Why em not getting any email ?
Is it bcoz I book on 23rd March & he on 7th March ?
Or I cancelled myself that’s y

Will I recieve anything ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri May 29, 2020 11:33 pm

Meet32 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:31 pm
Pls help me pls

I booked the appointment on 23rd March for 21st April submitted my application on 23rd March
But then I recieved email not to attend
I cancelled my appointment then
But I didn’t recieve anything now for rebooking
My Freind did same but he was booked for 7th April but didn’t cancel his appointment
It changed twice then he recieved email to book again & booked his for 1st June
Why em not getting any email ?
Is it bcoz I book on 23rd March & he on 7th March ?
Or I cancelled myself that’s y

Will I recieve anything ?
If you did not book (or cancelled) you must wait until the appointments are open again for people who never had a booking.

srirav
Newly Registered
India

Post by srirav » Sat May 30, 2020 3:21 am

Hi...a new member here. We all are in this difficult covid 19 times. My T2 general extension visa application is submited couple of weeks back but due to lockdown couldnt book an appointment so am now waiting for appointments to open.
As all this visa process can now take too much time rather than the normal and the Applicant is NOT allowed to travel out of UK. So my query is that if anyone has to travel out of UK due to any urgent, unavoidable mrdical condition or family situation then is there any option to travel without withdrawing the application OR is it a strict NO?

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat May 30, 2020 11:55 am

srirav wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 3:21 am
Hi...a new member here. We all are in this difficult covid 19 times. My T2 general extension visa application is submited couple of weeks back but due to lockdown couldnt book an appointment so am now waiting for appointments to open.
As all this visa process can now take too much time rather than the normal and the Applicant is NOT allowed to travel out of UK. So my query is that if anyone has to travel out of UK due to any urgent, unavoidable mrdical condition or family situation then is there any option to travel without withdrawing the application OR is it a strict NO?

Thanks in advance
Leaving the UK means automatic withdrawal of your application. If you choose to travel (I assume you still have visa), you should come back and apply again

Barry465
Australia

Post by Barry465 » Sat May 30, 2020 5:49 pm

So is the general consensus here that if you really do need to apply via some sort of 'priority route', wait until that potentially reopens over the next month or so?

I'm in a position where sending my application off and waiting 6 months is not an option at the moment.

srirav
Newly Registered
India

Post by srirav » Sat May 30, 2020 6:08 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:55 am
srirav wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 3:21 am

Thanks in advance
Leaving the UK means automatic withdrawal of your application. If you choose to travel (I assume you still have visa), you should come back and apply again
Not sure my visa consultant told tht if we travel after submission of application(even if visa is valid) then we cannot come back n have to wait 12 months as cooling off period

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Sat May 30, 2020 6:36 pm

Barry465 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 5:49 pm
So is the general consensus here that if you really do need to apply via some sort of 'priority route', wait until that potentially reopens over the next month or so?

I'm in a position where sending my application off and waiting 6 months is not an option at the moment.
I think it’s a tough call but Yh I’m waiting over the next few weeks for a return to normal services. I think they should be fairly aware that a 6 month timeline would be untenable for a lot of people so hopefully that’s reflected in the services they reopen. I’m optimistic that they’ll return to full services cause it seems like the only sizeable bottle neck is biometrics given that people were asked by the home office for their documents (so presumably, the decisions have been taken for applicants)

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat May 30, 2020 11:34 pm

Priority visa processing service is a VISA SERVICE offer by UKVI. You choose this during application submission.

This is NOT related to the appointment booking services offered by UKVCAS or their operations.

Priority visa processing services are NOT offered by UKVI for now, possibly due to a large existing backlog of applications

Zimba wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:35 am
Super priority service is NOT related to UKVCAS at all :!: :!: :!:
It is service offered by Home Office/UKVI for getting a visa decision within 24 hours of your biometrics. It has nothing to do with appointment booking as all applicants must attend biometrics not matter what visa service they paid for.