ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Last question: Fee waiver and FLRfp submission?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

London17
Newly Registered

Nhs visa extension.

Post by London17 » Sun May 24, 2020 3:17 pm

Hi Everyone.

I’m working as a nursing assistant in one of NHS hospital in london. And recently I have been working in a covid 19 ward.

My visa is due to expire soon. I just wonder how if I’m qualified for the NHS visa extension was announced by the Home Secretary?
And also, if I’m not qualified for the NHS visa. I’m will be exempted from NHS surcharge?

I have tried to write to the HO via covid 19 team regarding NHS visa. They requested more information such as NI number and job title which I did reply to them. But they did not reply back anymore. It has been about a month since.

I would appreciate any contributions regarding this matter.

Many thanks in

I’m working as a nursing assistant in one of NHS hospital in london. And recently I have been working in covid 19 ward.

My visa is due to expire soon. I just wonder how if I’m qualified for the NHS visa extension was announced by Home Secretary?
And also, I’m will be exempted from NHS surcharge?

I have tried to write to the HO via covid 19 team regarding NHS visa. They requested more information such as NI number and job title which I did reply to them. But they did not reply back anymore. It has been about a month since.

I would appreciate any contributions regarding this matter.

Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Nhs visa extension.

Post by CR001 » Sun May 24, 2020 5:45 pm

Useful to state what visa you hold.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

London17
Newly Registered

Post by London17 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:08 pm

Thank you for the input.

The last one, it was LTR under the 10 route.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun May 24, 2020 6:58 pm

London17 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:08 pm
Thank you for the input.

The last one, it was LTR under the 10 route.
Anecdotally almost all migrants have the same ultimate desire & goal which is to obtain ILR for which they have to struggle for several years or even all of their life. For this purpose apart of several other basic requirements the maintenance of continuous residence usually under the same route/category/tier is imperatively needed. So by keeping this one in mind the hastiness in accepting/adopting any new route must be abstained until receiving & digesting the full guidance. In my view this new temporary type of visa still hasn't got any guidance yet as how will it work in future in terms of whether someone will be allowed from within the UK to switch back/over into another/same category and also whether will it reset the ILR clock. Although I have no exact suggestion but remaining on same route of flrfp -10 years with exempted IHS fee isn't a bad deal.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

London17
Newly Registered

Post by London17 » Sun May 24, 2020 7:22 pm

Thank you for your contribution.

I have been here almost 22 years. And, without ILR you can’t do much to develop yourself and family.

London17
Newly Registered

NHS Nursing assistant due for visa extension soon.

Post by London17 » Fri May 29, 2020 5:21 am

Sorry for asking to many questions.

I’m working as NHS nursing assistant in the hospital. And currently, I have been working in the covid 19 ward.

My visa is due to expire on 8th of June (LTR under 10 years route) and I would like some advices on these:
1)I have tried to talk to my employer regarding NHS staff visa extension but Unfortunately they don’t know much about it. Also, it very hard to get through to the right person at moment. I would like to know if Nursing Assistant can get under the 1 year Nhs staff visa extension as I’m harder on the ward as everybody as well?

2) if I’m not qualified for a free Nhs extension. Currently, I don’t have enough funds, Is it possible I can pay Immigration fees 11 days later when I have my salary?

3)Is possible to do my application by myself as I can’t afford lawyer at the moment?

I would appreciate any advice.
Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NHS Nursing assistant due for visa extension soon.

Post by CR001 » Fri May 29, 2020 6:08 am

Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri May 29, 2020 2:17 pm

London17 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:21 am
Sorry for asking to many questions.

I’m working as NHS nursing assistant in the hospital. And currently, I have been working in the covid 19 ward.

My visa is due to expire on 8th of June (LTR under 10 years route) and I would like some advices on these:
1)I have tried to talk to my employer regarding NHS staff visa extension but Unfortunately they don’t know much about it. Also, it very hard to get through to the right person at moment. I would like to know if Nursing Assistant can get under the 1 year Nhs staff visa extension as I’m harder on the ward as everybody as well?

2) if I’m not qualified for a free Nhs extension. Currently, I don’t have enough funds, Is it possible I can pay Immigration fees 11 days later when I have my salary?

3)Is possible to do my application by myself as I can’t afford lawyer at the moment?

I would appreciate any advice.
Many thanks
1. It is a fairly new route about which not everyone is acquainted with unless have dealt with recently. Also remember that this route can be withdrawn anytime as the infection rate is diminishing. National clap might also soon be ended which has already been taken away for other key workers including home carers. Never trust this route.

2. Almost none of us from heart wants to spends over costly application fees but I am afraid we have to. And during pandemic employees working in two sectors weren't financially affected which is supermarket & NHS. Also regret to say that your application won't proceed without fee. If you wishes then may use your overdraft/credit card and pay them later and most of them don't charge any fee to NHS or cvd19 affected persons.

3. Application form will itself guide you what to do next and the same a solicitor will do for you. There are numerous threads on this forum which will clarify your all ambiguities.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

London17
Newly Registered

Please I need advise to avoid overstaying.

Post by London17 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:42 pm

Hi Everyone.

My visa is going to expire today. But I have made an application for one year Nhs staff visa extension.

if HO will decline to extend my visa via Nhs extension. It means I will be an overstayer and the clock will be stop?
My current visa is LTR under 10 years route.

What can I do to avoid overstaying?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please I need advise to avoid overstaying.

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:48 pm

My visa is going to expire today. But I have made an application for one year Nhs staff visa extension.
What form exactly have you applied on or how did you apply?
if HO will decline to extend my visa via Nhs extension. It means I will be an overstayer and the clock will be stop?
My current visa is LTR under 10 years route.
Yes, you will be buy it depends on how you applied as asked above.
What can I do to avoid overstaying?
You should have applied for a normal extension on FLR fp.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

London17
Newly Registered

Post by London17 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:38 pm

@CR001
Thanks for the response.

This one year extension was introduced during the covid 19 for NHS staff. Basically, employer has to apply it. So, the employer did my application.

Yeah, I could have applied via LTR but it could have cost £2000+ Solicitor which unfortunately I used my saving to help my family members were sick. They were hard decisions I had to make. And my next salary is 12 days later.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:52 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

London17
Newly Registered

How to apply for the extension via FLR(fp) form?

Post by London17 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:42 am

It is my first time to apply for a VISA extension by myself. My previous applications I applied though Lawyer but unfortunately this moment, this application I can not afford it.

I would appreciate if you could help with these a few questions;

1)I believe under 10 years route, I have to use FLR(fp) form?

2) Can I send this form by post?

3)Do I have to send my passport, my children passports(British),Ex-partner(British),birth certificates and other documents via post office? I’m worried if they get lost as it happened before with my passport.

4)Do the HO gives time to make the fees Payments as I would be able to pay after 9 days?

Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to apply for the extension via FLR(fp) form?

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:53 am

Topics Merged!!!
1)I believe under 10 years route, I have to use FLR(fp) form?
Yes.
2) Can I send this form by post?
You have to apply online. You should have applied before your visa expired on the 8th June as applying afterwards, means you are an overstayer. Your work rights will be affected by this.
3)Do I have to send my passport, my children passports(British),Ex-partner(British),birth certificates and other documents via post office? I’m worried if they get lost as it happened before with my passport.
Documents are uploaded electronically to UKCVAS Sopra Steria before your biometric appointment.
4)Do the HO gives time to make the fees Payments as I would be able to pay after 9 days?
You have to pay online when you submit the application. You would have know the timings to apply, why didn't you plan accordingly to have the funds to pay for an extension??

What happened to your plan of a 1 year extension??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

London17
Newly Registered

Post by London17 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:22 am

@CR001,

Thank you a lot for your response. There is no “like” button here?

Sorry, I checked the date (8th June) from one of the previous extension letter by mistake. I realised yesterday the year was wrong. It is due to expire next week!

I was well prepared some funds for this. But Covid 19 changed everything, I had to help some close families members with their hospital bills in another country. It was hard decision to make and now it going to affect my future as well.

1 year extension no response from the HO yet. I phoned them yesterday but they said it might take a while to get the decision. I have sent an email as well but they have not replied yet.

Now, I realised my visa is not expire yet. I willing to make the FLR(fp) application before expiring date. In case the decision for the 1 year extension is not a good news. But problem, I don’t have funds on time, until after 9 days!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:28 pm

London17 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:22 am
1 year extension no response from the HO yet. I phoned them yesterday but they said it might take a while to get the decision. I have sent an email as well but they have not replied yet.
Now ideally you should for it
London17 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:22 am
Now, I realised my visa is not expire yet. I willing to make the FLR(fp) application before expiring date. In case the decision for the 1 year extension is not a good news. But problem, I don’t have funds on time, until after 9 days!
For doing this you will have to vary the existing application as both applications cannot concurrently be processed. In previous post you were strongly advised to enquire about this route fastidiously and only then apply.

London17
Newly Registered

Post by London17 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:57 pm

@Seagul,

Thank you for your response.

I took seriously the advise I was given here to apply via FLRfp but problem is fees payments at the moment, I will be able to have the fees on 9th day after expiring date which it will be no good.

Now I’m worried this 1 year extension application that there is no acknowledgement letter or any sort of confirmation that they received my application apart of general answers over the phone. If they will respond to my email later after the expire date that they have not received my application, I will in big problems.
I’m still look for money from friends if I can get before the expire date and make this FLRfp.

If they have given me any prove like reference number that they received it. It would have been a bit of relief.

Do you mean I can’t make two applications at the same time?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:36 pm

London17 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:57 pm
@Seagul,

Thank you for your response.

Do you mean I can’t make two applications at the same time?
Yes. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... procedures

London17
Newly Registered

Questions: under 10 years parental route.

Post by London17 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:18 am

I’m trying to fill the FLR(fp) forms.

My current was granted “under 10 years parental route”. I have British children.

1)Now, I’m on the page, “Your current leave to remain”.

I just wonder If it is the right answer, “As the parent of a British citizen or settled child who is under 18, or who was under 18 when you were initially granted leave in this category and not living an independent life”? I don’t want them to refuse because I did not fill the application properly.

2) The HO Office before they considered themselves all other options such as “private life” which they declined because I lived less than 20 years at the time of that application. So, because it was declined before I can not use the same route again as I’m over 20 years?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:19 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:08 am
Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

London17
Newly Registered

Last question: Fee waiver and FLRfp submission?

Post by London17 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:17 pm

Thank you guys for your help. I’m very grateful

I have slept for a while now but I have been able to finish the FLRfp form today😂

I have one more question and it might the last one for a while.

I have submitted my fee waiver application yesterday and I have requested to submit listed evidences within 10 days for the decision process.

My visa is going to expire soon and I was planning to submit the extension application to avoid overstaying. But FLRfp form at the end is request for the “fee waiver code which can be found on my acceptance letter”!
The fee waiver submission confirmation email I have received yesterday. It only has a reference.

I know the decision for the fee waiver would take about 10 days which my visa will be already expired!

What should I do to submit this form?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Last question: Fee waiver and FLRfp submission?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:21 pm

Is anything unclear in my post from your new topic you started earlier today about sticking to your existing thread??
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:06 pm
FLR(FP) 10 year route does NOT have an English test requirement.

Can you please also desist from starting a new topic with every question you have!! Ask all your questions in your existing topic you already have!!
Please read the link below regarding the forum rule about multiple topics!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

London17
Newly Registered

Re: Last question: Fee waiver and FLRfp submission?

Post by London17 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:51 pm

@C001,
Sorry,
Normally, I come to read the answer after email notification. But the question you have answer earlier I did not receive any notification.So I didn’t read your post before now.

I’m sorry again. I will be posting here from now on.