ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Future applications and delays

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dvkrPen
Newly Registered
Ireland

Future applications and delays

Post by dvkrPen » Fri May 29, 2020 4:08 pm

As of today,

1) 3629(20 percent) application are pending decision from 2 or more years.
2) 17,954 are applications under processing.
3) 20,500 applicatants are waiting to be sworn.
4) Citizenship Division recommends no new applications for next 2 months.

Isint'd, it's all going to create significant delay in all future applications for months and years to come and department need to allocate additional resources to avoid long delays ?

(I'm sure lot of applicants won't mind little higher application fees , if that can get additional resources and reduce delays). Irish Naturalization is not a privilage but applicants fulfilling the criteria do expect to get decision in 6 months.

Above text is not a complain , just worried about future delays as future applicant.

MantisToboggan
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Future applications and delays

Post by MantisToboggan » Fri May 29, 2020 5:43 pm

Naturalisation is a privilege. Even if you meet all the criteria you have no entitlement to expect to be naturalised.

I wouldn't be concerned about the delay as much as I would be how the Department responds to the kicking they've been getting in the Courts. If they go down the road of bringing more lawyers in to review individual decisions and cases like they've done in other areas I think the success rate for naturalisation applications will drop - that in itself will remove the delay.

Any half decent lawyer can draft a naturalisation refusal that would be impossible to challenge so it's only a matter of time before they cop on and react to the problem.