ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1E200k Extension Delay due to COVID-19

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Investment Eligibility

Post by snt » Fri May 29, 2020 8:10 pm

Hi All,

I am preparing my T1E 200k Extension application that is due in mid July 2020. I have two (02) questions.

1. Salary paid to myself (Director) under PAYE count towards acceptable expense by HO?
2. I have bought an Electric Vehicle (EV) on company's name in order to avail the tax benefits available to EVs. Would the cost of the car (owned by company) count towards acceptable expense by HO?

Thanks!

marcnath

Re: Investment Eligibility

Post by marcnath » Fri May 29, 2020 9:51 pm

What do you mean by"acceptable" expense? There is no such thing under immigration rules.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by snt » Fri May 29, 2020 9:56 pm

marcnath wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:51 pm
What do you mean by"acceptable" expense? There is no such thing under immigration rules.
say I have invested 220k till now and have taken out 25k as Director's Salary and bought a 20k EV car, would HO still consider me to have invested 220k OR would they consider it as 175k?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat May 30, 2020 1:38 am

snt wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:56 pm
marcnath wrote:
say I have invested 220k till now and have taken out 25k as Director's Salary and bought a 20k EV car, would HO still consider me to have invested 220k OR would they consider it as 175k?
A company car or director's salary forms part of your own remuneration. They will be excluded as investments for award of points

Immigration rules Part 6a under paragraph 245D(c)(ii):
(ii) ‘Invested’ means that the funds have been invested into a business or businesses which the applicant is running as self-employed or as a director or member of a partnership. ‘Invested’ or ‘spent’ excludes spending on:

(1) the applicant’s own remuneration,

(2) buying any business from a previous owner, where the money ultimately goes to that previous owner (irrespective of whether it is received or held directly or indirectly by that previous owner) rather than into the business being purchased (This applies regardless of whether the money is channelled through the business en route to the previous owner, for example by means of the applicant or business purchasing ‘goodwill’ or other assets which were previously part of the business.),
(3) investing in businesses, other than those which the applicant is running as self-employed or as a director, and
(4) any spending which is not directly for the purpose of establishing or running the applicant’s own business or businesses.
See also Aviable funds in the caseworker guidance: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... v24ext.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Camel555

Post by Camel555 » Sat May 30, 2020 8:44 am

Zimba wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 1:38 am
snt wrote:
marcnath wrote:
A company car or director's salary forms part of your own remuneration. They will be excluded as investments for award of points

Immigration rules Part 6a under paragraph 245D(c)(ii):
(ii) ‘Invested’ means that the funds have been invested into a business or businesses which the applicant is running as self-employed or as a director or member of a partnership. ‘Invested’ or ‘spent’ excludes spending on:

(1) the applicant’s own remuneration,

(2) buying any business from a previous owner, where the money ultimately goes to that previous owner (irrespective of whether it is received or held directly or indirectly by that previous owner) rather than into the business being purchased (This applies regardless of whether the money is channelled through the business en route to the previous owner, for example by means of the applicant or business purchasing ‘goodwill’ or other assets which were previously part of the business.),
(3) investing in businesses, other than those which the applicant is running as self-employed or as a director, and
(4) any spending which is not directly for the purpose of establishing or running the applicant’s own business or businesses.
See also Aviable funds in the caseworker guidance: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... v24ext.pdf
Hi Zimba, director's salary from a business is not part of investment and should it be topped up? I always thought that director could take a salary from the business?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat May 30, 2020 8:52 am

snt wrote:
marcnath wrote:
It is not possible to answer this without knowing about your business. Has the business been generating revenue ? When has the revenue been generated? and so on.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by snt » Sat May 30, 2020 11:13 am

marcnath wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 8:52 am
It is not possible to answer this without knowing about your business. Has the business been generating revenue ? When has the revenue been generated? and so on.
the business has been generating revenue from month 1 and have continued to do so every month since then.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat May 30, 2020 11:51 am

Camel555 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 8:44 am
Hi Zimba, director's salary from a business is not part of investment and should it be topped up? I always thought that director could take a salary from the business?
Who said a director cannot take salary from a business ??! It is obvious that you cannot pay yourself your own money and claim you invested in your business. Tier 1E investment should be used to cover expenses of the business not its director
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun May 31, 2020 7:32 am

snt wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:13 am
marcnath wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 8:52 am
the business has been generating revenue from month 1 and have continued to do so every month since then.
As long as your salary+ car costs have not exceeded the revenue generated at any time, you should be ok. So if you took salary in month 5, the revenue generated until that time has to be greater than the salary

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by snt » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:22 am

marcnath wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 7:32 am
As long as your salary+ car costs have not exceeded the revenue generated at any time, you should be ok. So if you took salary in month 5, the revenue generated until that time has to be greater than the salary
Thanks! this clears up the confusion.

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

T1E200k Extension Delay due to COVID-19

Post by snt » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:07 pm

My initial leave to remain expired 16 July 2020 and have filled in & submitted the form around 10 July 2020.

The appointments weren't available at that time but they have now started to become available. I have got three (03) email so far.

1. suggesting they are aware that appointments aren't available hence my stay is covered under Section 3C.
2. they are now giving appointments to July applicants.
3. I am not eligible for Biometrics reuse hence I must book an appointment.

Most of the appointment slots are booked till end August/early September and those which are available are costing roughly £675.00 (for a family of 5). I understand that it might take a while till the FREE appointments will start appearing again on the system hence my question is, for how long can I delay submission of my biometrics? and what effect it can/will have on my application except that the processing wouldn't start till then & I will not be able to travel?

zimba
Mood:

Re: T1E200k Extension Delay due to COVID-19

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:34 pm

UKVI may eventually return your application as invalid as you are expected to book Biometrics as soon as you can.

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by snt » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:16 pm

Thanks! I got one booked in for 17th August.

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by snt » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:30 pm

I have a question regarding the documents I need to carry on the day of biometrics appointment.

As per my understanding from the forum, we don't need to carry any supporting documents along apart from Original Passport and BRP.

However, the UKVCAS portal and well as confirmation email suggests to carry all the supporting documents (see below screenshot). Can someone kindly clarify?
Annotation 2020-08-16 002638.png
Annotation 2020-08-16 002638.png (130.88 KiB) Viewed 1450 times

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:24 pm

You should carry all documents with you if they need to be rescanned

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: T1E200k Extension Approved

Post by snt » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:33 pm

Dear All,

Thanks for the continued assistance. My T1E 200k extension got approved under 2 weeks. The timeline has been updated in the relevant section. Here is the overview.

Application Submitted online: 10 July 2020
Biometrics Done: 17 August 2020 (as there were no earlier appointments available)
Application Approved: 01 September 2020
BRP received in post: 07 September 2020

Time to move to ILR section of the forum! :)

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:58 pm

Is there any particular thread only for tier 1 timeline for idv and in person appointments. i notice there is one for tier2 /ilr

Kind Regards

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:58 pm

Is there any particular thread only for tier 1 timeline for idv and in person appointments. i notice there is one for tier2 /ilr

Kind Regards