ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier4 Extension

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Madiha595
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 4 Extension

Post by Madiha595 » Sat May 30, 2020 6:47 am

Hi,
My Visa Current Tier 4 Visa is expiring on 17 Aug 2020. I'm doing Msc in project management.And I wish to do One Masters.But problem is due to my Resit course work, My professor will only marked me provisionally till August.
Is it possible to apply with those provisional marking for Masters program for September session?
or is there any kind of extension by home office due to Covid-19 ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Extension

Post by sah10406 » Sat May 30, 2020 10:07 am

Madiha595 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 6:47 am
Is it possible to apply with those provisional marking for Masters program for September session?
No. A Tier 4 extension application needs to have "academic progression", which includes that you have successfully completed the course for which your current Tier 4 visa was issued. See paragraph 337 of the Tier 4 Policy Guidance

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -4-student
Madiha595 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 6:47 am
or is there any kind of extension by home office due to Covid-19 ?
See https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Madiha595
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier4 Extension

Post by Madiha595 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:45 pm

Hi
I’m on Tier4 visa,that is going to expire on 17th August.
Due to Resit course work my thesis submission and result is delayed till
end of August or September. (Result depends on my uni and professor).

I already received Conditional offer frm another university and they r waiting for my result to issue me Unconditional letter and CAS after that.course start date is 1st Oct 2020.

Now how would I buy time, as I don’t have enough time for all of this process. Last option I see is that I have to go back home and then apply frm there, but I dont wanna go back as it gonna cost me travel and risk as well due to Covid-19.

Pls suggest me

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier4 Extension

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:07 am

Madiha595 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:45 pm
Last option I see is that I have to go back home and then apply frm there, but I dont wanna go back as it gonna cost me travel and risk as well due to Covid-19.
That seems likely to be your only option, unless the current scheme for free extensions is rolled out for people whose leave expires after 31 July. There is no specific sign of that at the moment.

There is a concession to make a Tier 4 application in the UK if it is "urgent", but you must apply before 31 July 2020 and as you know from my previous answer you would not meet the "academic progression" requirement for that anyway.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.