ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from FLR FP to FLR M

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bathanza

Switching from FLR FP to FLR M

Post by bathanza » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:29 pm

Hi board members

I cannot believe in a moment of lapse of judgement why I never re-submitted for FLR M when we got the partner route a year and a half ago!

Now it was mainly because we didn't have the money to submit in 2018 anyway. Have questions for switching my husbands visa to the 5 year route.

1) A1 exam was passed end of July 2018. Can we reuse this?
2) I was on maternity leave Jan 19 to Jan 2020. My payslips in January and February 2020 had a payroll error and had to got backdated pay. My last 6 months slips will provide sufficient evidence to meet threshold BUT should I submit 12 months instead?

3) My letter of employment will come with a letter from payroll to explain the issues as to why I was paid twice in February.

4) Have cohab documents so no issue there

5) my husband formulated a LTD company and accounts are not due until next year. Do we need to do ANY accounting or provide employment/company details?

I'm kicking myself for not dealing with this earlier as he could have been half way to ILR:(

Will look to submit ASAP once above matters clarified..

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Switching from FLR FP to FLR M

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:12 pm

bathanza wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:29 pm
Hi board members

I cannot believe in a moment of lapse of judgement why I never re-submitted for FLR M when we got the partner route a year and a half ago!

Now it was mainly because we didn't have the money to submit in 2018 anyway. Have questions for switching my husbands visa to the 5 year route.

1) A1 exam was passed end of July 2018. Can we reuse this?
2) I was on maternity leave Jan 19 to Jan 2020. My payslips in January and February 2020 had a payroll error and had to got backdated pay. My last 6 months slips will provide sufficient evidence to meet threshold BUT should I submit 12 months instead?

3) My letter of employment will come with a letter from payroll to explain the issues as to why I was paid twice in February.

4) Have cohab documents so no issue there

5) my husband formulated a LTD company and accounts are not due until next year. Do we need to do ANY accounting or provide employment/company details?

I'm kicking myself for not dealing with this earlier as he could have been half way to ILR:(

Will look to submit ASAP once above matters clarified..
1. Yes
2. Fine but period to be assessed can be the 6 months before the start of maternity leave. So better to stick only to 6 months.
3. Fine but it (employer letter) should confirm the dates of maternity leave as well.
4. Usually for first spouse visa/flrm they aren't needed.
5. Better don't declare/attach anything.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:47 pm

Oh thanks for that segul: cohab docs I am on the case every quarter to make sure wr have proof! We have title deeds/mortgage statement for the property we are in so any paperwork I will have it.

About my payslips, I am back to work now and will get paid next week so it'll be my third slip of 2020.

To confirm I either submit 6 months pre Jan 2019 maternity leave (June - Dec 2018) or submit the last 12 months worth? Bank statements should cover the payslip periods correct??

Surprised that we shouldn't declare his role/employment as a director?....i have read the whole load of documentation you need associated to being a director.

One more thing he was fined and has penalty points from motoring offences Dec 2018. Honest mistake with that one and is on record. Will declare that in the relevant section in the application form - would this render any chances of refusal at all??

08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:19 am

Read the rules have utter baby brain right now!!

To confirm my last 6 payslips have variable salary, with a bonus coming in March 2020 given but gross is 25k+ so they would calculate as follows using example figures..

E.g
Oct 19 to Jan 2020 - approx 1.3k paid per month (no SMP)
Feb 5k (backdated pay given as Jan I wasn't paid correctly)
March 5k (with bonus)

Total is 14k ÷ 6 x 12 = 28k as example i can meet the financial req.

I just loathe to submit old payslips and statements from 2018 BUT if its all backed up by my letter of employment that's all I need right?!

5. In respect of statutory or contractual maternity, paternity or adoption pay all of the following, and in the respect of parental leave in the UK only the evidence at paragraph 5(c), must be provided:
(a) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at paragraph 5(b), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of
the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
(b) Payslips covering:
(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application or to the commencement of the maternity, paternity or adoption leave, if the applicant has been employed by their
current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) does not apply); or
(ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of
application or to the commencement of the maternity, paternity or adoption leave, if the
applicant has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at
least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a)).

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:25 am

For matters relating to pay slip, submit the previous 6months pre-maternity, get corresponding bank statements.
Since you are back in employment, tender corresponding payslips and bank statements covering it.
Get employer to corroborate in their later to include among other things:
1. The dates/period you were on maternity leave
2. That you are back in employment with them.
Wishing you the best.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:23 pm

Thank you;)

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:21 pm

Hi. More issues with payslips

I have Jan 2020 and two payslips for March due to system error at work. Feb is missing

In such a bind..i filled out an example application and cohab docs are needed which is no issue. I know I've been advised 6 months pre maternity is acceptable but I simply don't want to risk issues:(

Now with covid, not sure if centres are open for biometrics

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Fri May 29, 2020 9:18 pm

Small update on this post, I shall prepare an application within the next few weeks as we really want to avoid the increased IHS charge AND paying for A1 test again, the ukvcas are open now

English A1 test is valid until 29 July 2020, my last payslip will be 25th July, so will submit 27th July.

My Feb payslip was issued with the wrong issuing month and will get my company to explain why Feb is marked as March, have evidence on bank statement matching payslip with credit to the account.

Pay dates have changed slowly so have original letter from my company

Question: previous FLR FP relied on medical issues which were insurmountable. This still stands so have the consultant letter from 2018. Shall I just put that in again?

My husband is a director of his own company and is on PAYE. I am concerned with advice by not declaring it as no accounts are required now (its for 2021) as im worried ommission may just lead HO back to HMRC? Advice on that please. He doesn't meet threshold as not enough income on his wage.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri May 29, 2020 9:41 pm

bathanza wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:18 pm
Small update on this post, I shall prepare an application within the next few weeks as we really want to avoid the increased IHS charge AND paying for A1 test again, the ukvcas are open now

English A1 test is valid until 29 July 2020, my last payslip will be 25th July, so will submit 27th July.

My Feb payslip was issued with the wrong issuing month and will get my company to explain why Feb is marked as March, have evidence on bank statement matching payslip with credit to the account.

Pay dates have changed slowly so have original letter from my company
All above with its remedial back up seems practicable.
bathanza wrote:
Question: previous FLR FP relied on medical issues which were insurmountable. This still stands so have the consultant letter from 2018. Shall I just put that in again?
It will be irrelevant here.
bathanza wrote:
My husband is a director of his own company and is on PAYE. I am concerned with advice by not declaring it as no accounts are required now (its for 2021) as im worried ommission may just lead HO back to HMRC? Advice on that please. He doesn't meet threshold as not enough income on his wage.
UKVI sometimes liaise with HMRC so if his tax affairs with HMRC are amicable & impeccable then shouldn't be any issue by not declaring his income. Just reply "no" audaciously assuming the case is as above.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Fri May 29, 2020 10:41 pm

Thank you so much.

He pays correct tax as part of being a director of the company (formulated July 2019 and nothing at all is due with HMRC) Have all the paperwork so won't be an issue.

Will ask follow up questions once I see the application again and outcome. Will pay to get a faster decision. ;)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2020 7:37 am

bathanza wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:41 pm
Will pay to get a faster decision. ;)
Super priority and priority service is currently suspended and not available. Likely to remain suspended until the huge backlog of applications and biometrics is cleared.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sat May 30, 2020 8:43 am

A lot of HR are remotely working so wanted to ask scanned/digital copies of employee letters as PDFs are fine to upload right?

I know previously it had to be hard copies sent to HO and everything is now uploaded.

Need to know if I need a postal copy of my employment letter and payslips from my HR

Cheers

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat May 30, 2020 12:13 pm

bathanza wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 8:43 am
A lot of HR are remotely working so wanted to ask scanned/digital copies of employee letters as PDFs are fine to upload right?

I know previously it had to be hard copies sent to HO and everything is now uploaded.

Need to know if I need a postal copy of my employment letter and payslips from my HR

Cheers

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat May 30, 2020 12:16 pm

bathanza wrote:

Cheers
Scanned docs in PDF sufficient as this is one ofe the acceptable format in which it will be uploaded. Nothing is posted to HO anymore.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat May 30, 2020 1:18 pm

bathanza wrote:

Cheers
Employment letter will still need the signature of the issuer even digital.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:48 pm

Thank you kindly for all of your responses.

I'll prepare everything for mid July. If premium service is not available, will wait til extension next year. We plan to go abroad corona pending and honestly my heart CANNOT take a long wait if we submit it. I know IHS is going up and the A1 will expire, it doesn't matter.

Will update this thread with detailed info once processed. Cheers guys and God Bless you all!

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:01 pm

Quick question for anyone who can help: electronic payslips do they need to be signed by HR?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:19 pm

bathanza wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:01 pm
Quick question for anyone who can help: electronic payslips do they need to be signed by HR?
No if these aren't marked pacifically as "online" and are replica of originals.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:41 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:19 pm
bathanza wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:01 pm
No if these aren't marked pacifically as "online" and are replica of originals.
Yup. They are issued solely online.

Looking at submitting end of the month considering UKVI are resuing previous BRPs now.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:47 am

Quick question. If we were to submit end of July 2020, and there's a delay in processing, will my spouse be able to use his BRP to travel abroad/come back to the UK as the expiry isn't until Mar 2021. We are making travel plans for end of Sept..

To be clear intention is to vary application within the validity of the visa. Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:50 am

bathanza wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:47 am
Quick question. If we were to submit end of July 2020, and there's a delay in processing, will my spouse be able to use his BRP to travel abroad/come back to the UK as the expiry isn't until Mar 2021. We are making travel plans for end of Sept..

To be clear intention is to vary application within the validity of the visa. Cheers
I'd she travels out if the UK while an application is pending, the application will be considered withdrawn.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:03 am

bathanza wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:47 am

No, he can not travel while he has application in process with the HO. It will be jeopardized and taken as withdrawing the application

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:05 am

Moderator already answered.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:29 pm

Thank you so much for the replies and my continuous and persistent questions over this application.

I am sure it will be okay to apply and we will wait for the outcome.

I am awaiting my payroll paperwork and will start filling the application.

One of the questions asked is if this is the first time applying this route or if its an extension. As we filled in FLR M 1st time around and got 10 year partner route I believe I should tick first time applying. Will copy/paste the question next time I'm on the screen. Will create a cover letter.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:59 am

I have my employment letter and letter from Payroll explaining my missing Feb payslip (it appears as March 2020 as it was out of time submission by them)

Have prepared my cohab docs, have a variety of documents from May 2018 through to current. I know 6 items of correspondance joint is needed over 2 years but will add in a bit extra just in case.

QQ - Passports - I understand all pages need to be scanned into one main PDF, not an issue. Wanted to ask if the front/back covers need to be scanned too?

BRP - scanning the document as one file front and back?

That's my main question, will prepare document list once I've filled in the application AGAIN. Technically I can ready to submit NOW but I rather have my Feb - July 2020 payslip as Jan 2020 was mat leave (far exceed the min salary threshold, but just in case)