ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - expert field requrirment

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

buntyc
India

ILR - expert field requrirment

Post by buntyc » Sat May 30, 2020 12:48 pm

Can you please clarify, I am endorsed by TechNation in FinTech. My understanding is I can work in AI or any digital technology filed without impacting ILR or settlement right regarding my expert filed.

I am asking because one of the conditions for applying for settlement is - “must-have earned money in the UK during their last grant of leave. These earnings must be linked to the expert field which led to their initial endorsement” I just want clarification on the definition of the expert field – is it digital technology or sub-sectors like FinTech and eCommerce?

Thanking you

Keviv947
Newly Registered

Re: ILR - expert field requrirment

Post by Keviv947 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:50 pm

hi Bunty, My understanding is even if you continued to work with your previous employer (from the time you you got this visa) and you if can demonstrate your earnings from them for the position you held even after getting the visa that in itself demonstrates your ability to contribute in the same field. As your credentials won't change just because your started using AI & ML as these more horizontal than vertical. Fintech is more vertical filed and technology can be any thing from Block Chain to AI& ML, RPA and so...Hope this helps..

Vivek