ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refugee Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ukenglanduk
Newly Registered
Mood:

Refugee Spouse Visa

Post by ukenglanduk » Wed May 27, 2020 7:53 pm

Hi
I am in uk with refugee status (recently granted). I want to know if I am allowed to marry someone abroad and the sponsor my spouse to come to uk.
Thank you

geoeng
Canada

Re: Refugee Spouse Visa

Post by geoeng » Thu May 28, 2020 9:23 am

ukenglanduk wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 7:53 pm
I am in uk with refugee status (recently granted). I want to know if I am allowed to marry someone abroad and the sponsor my spouse to come to uk.
Thank you
The relationship requirement for a spouse visa from Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules is as follows:
E-ECP.2.1. The applicant’s partner must be-
(a) a British Citizen in the UK, subject to paragraph GEN.1.3.(c); or
(b) present and settled in the UK, subject to paragraph GEN.1.3.(b); or
(c) in the UK with refugee leave or with humanitarian protection.
If you satisfy one of those, you would be eligible to to bring a spouse/partner to the UK subject to meeting all of the other requirements for the visa (financial, relationship, English language, etc.) outlined in the link below (Section E-ECP) for entry clearance.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

ukenglanduk
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by ukenglanduk » Sat May 30, 2020 3:56 pm

Thanks a lot!
One more question, As I can’t travel back to my home country. If I get married over phone/internet or in a third country, would I still be able to sponsor my spouse.
Regards

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat May 30, 2020 4:40 pm

ukenglanduk wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 3:56 pm
Thanks a lot!
One more question, As I can’t travel back to my home country. If I get married over phone/internet or in a third country, would I still be able to sponsor my spouse.
Regards
Have you met in person. :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.