ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jay287

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by jay287 » Tue May 26, 2020 6:22 pm

Hi violet
Hope you’re keeping safe and well. It’s frustrating that a dependent can’t work. Btw how long did it take for you to get a decision for NASS accommodation, I sent the required documents last week.
Violetsareblue wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:33 pm
Hello,
Unfortunately as Senu as pointed out, dependents aren’t allowed. I have an 19 year old son as my dependent who wanted to get part time job at university but I was told by my Solicitor’s that only main applicant can get right to work.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:43 pm

jay287 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:38 pm
Hi senu,
Unfortunately dependents are not allowed. Read below click on dependents. The best way for you is to call your solicitor and push them to send a chase letter to the HO.

Keep me posted.
Best of luck

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... pdf#page10
senu14 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:10 pm
jay287 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:05 am
Hi senu,

Sorry I have no idea how long will it take for the HO to response, however I was surprised that they responded quickly when my solicitor sent an email last Friday. You can try to apply for right to work I know it’s tough as it’s only short listed job, but SOCIAL WORK is part of it. Try to do volunteering as well it will help your mind occupied. I am volunteering at refugee council. Try to find something as well that you can study I will start uni this October I was granted with scholarship.

Best of luck
senu14 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:55 pm

Hi Jay,

I didn't had any interview for my further submission and didn't give biometric when submitting further submission. I can apply work right as I'm waiting for decision since around 20 months but I didn't done it as its only for shortage list works allow. I thought it will not much help for me. do you know how long around will they take response to solicitors. cant wait to hear from my solicitor. I believe HO will provide useful information to solicitor.
Hi Jay,
can you let me know if I apply work right is it only for a main applicant allow or dependant adult could get right too. I am thinking to apply work right but it will be useful for my husband than me if he allow too as he is qualifying for sort list jobs. for me I have 6 month old my youngest with 7 Years and 5 years kids so its hard to find time for work during now. if you know about it that dependant could get work right too then could you please let me know how did you apply work right.
Thank you Jay. hope you are doing good .last Monday my solicitor informed me that she will write the chase letter so I believe she has done it already but I didn't hear anything yet but as its only a week I will wait to hear from her soon. will keep posting if I got any update and please keep post your updates too.

jay287

Post by jay287 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:47 pm

Hi senu,

I will do! I know our circumstance is not easy. Praying I will hear something from solicitor/HO this week.

Best of luck to us
senu14 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:43 pm
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,
Unfortunately dependents are not allowed. Read below click on dependents. The best way for you is to call your solicitor and push them to send a chase letter to the HO.

Keep me posted.
Best of luck

senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:05 am
Hi senu,

Sorry I have no idea how long will it take for the HO to response, however I was surprised that they responded quickly when my solicitor sent an email last Friday. You can try to apply for right to work I know it’s tough as it’s only short listed job, but SOCIAL WORK is part of it. Try to do volunteering as well it will help your mind occupied. I am volunteering at refugee council. Try to find something as well that you can study I will start uni this October I was granted with scholarship.

Best of luck

Hi Jay,
can you let me know if I apply work right is it only for a main applicant allow or dependant adult could get right too. I am thinking to apply work right but it will be useful for my husband than me if he allow too as he is qualifying for sort list jobs. for me I have 6 month old my youngest with 7 Years and 5 years kids so its hard to find time for work during now. if you know about it that dependant could get work right too then could you please let me know how did you apply work right.
Thank you Jay. hope you are doing good .last Monday my solicitor informed me that she will write the chase letter so I believe she has done it already but I didn't hear anything yet but as its only a week I will wait to hear from her soon. will keep posting if I got any update and please keep post your updates too.

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Wed May 27, 2020 10:15 am

jay287 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:22 pm
Hi violet
Hope you’re keeping safe and well. It’s frustrating that a dependent can’t work. Btw how long did it take for you to get a decision for NASS accommodation, I sent the required documents last week.
Violetsareblue wrote:
Hello,
Unfortunately as Senu as pointed out, dependents aren’t allowed. I have an 19 year old son as my dependent who wanted to get part time job at university but I was told by my Solicitor’s that only main applicant can get right to work.
Mine was fairly quick. Took about 2 weeks. I had w deadline to leave where I was staying with my children so I got an accommodation before that deadline.

jay287

Post by jay287 » Wed May 27, 2020 12:33 pm

Hi violet,

Thanks for the response. I requested a nearby accommodation to where I am atm. I submitted gp letter, my counsellor as well. Do you think they will grant it?

Best of luck to all of us
Violetsareblue wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:15 am
jay287 wrote:
Hi violet
Violetsareblue wrote:
Hello,
Mine was fairly quick. Took about 2 weeks. I had w deadline to leave where I was staying with my children so I got an accommodation before that deadline.

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Wed May 27, 2020 1:59 pm

jay287 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 12:33 pm
Hi violet,

Thanks for the response. I requested a nearby accommodation to where I am atm. I submitted gp letter, my counsellor as well. Do you think they will grant it?

Best of luck to all of us
Violetsareblue wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:15 am
jay287 wrote:
Hi violet
Violetsareblue wrote:
Hello,
Hello Jay, I don’t really know. In my case, my daughters special need school was 1hour travelled from where we were accommodated even though I said to them that I wanted to be close to her school. I wasn’t in a position to refuse the accommodation so I ended up transferring her close to where we the house was.

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Wed May 27, 2020 2:01 pm

Luckily for me, she now gets picked up from home in the morning and dropped in the afternoon in a school bus.

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Wed May 27, 2020 2:03 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:01 pm
Luckily for me, she now gets picked up from home in the morning and dropped in the afternoon in a school bus.
I was pregnant and had to drop the kids in three different schools so it wasn’t working out, hence why she gets picked up with a school bus.

jay287

Post by jay287 » Wed May 27, 2020 2:28 pm

Hi violet,

Thanks for this. Fingers crossed they will consider it. I have submitted all the necessary documents. I am also waiting for my right to work. Hopefully we will all get a positive decision. In my case I think the main reason why they asked for updated legal consent as they can’t go through all the physical documents for all of us, so I suggest to send an email to them for an update of our cases. If my solicitor didn’t submit that email I wouldn’t know that they needed an updated legal consent. My main interview was August 2019.

Also violet did you submit 4 passport size photos to them? As I submitted on my main interview day and did biometric as well.

Violetsareblue wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:03 pm
Violetsareblue wrote:
I was pregnant and had to drop the kids in three different schools so it wasn’t working out, hence why she gets picked up with a school bus.

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Wed May 27, 2020 6:15 pm

jay287 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:28 pm
Hi violet,

Thanks for this. Fingers crossed they will consider it. I have submitted all the necessary documents. I am also waiting for my right to work. Hopefully we will all get a positive decision. In my case I think the main reason why they asked for updated legal consent as they can’t go through all the physical documents for all of us, so I suggest to send an email to them for an update of our cases. If my solicitor didn’t submit that email I wouldn’t know that they needed an updated legal consent. My main interview was August 2019.

Also violet did you submit 4 passport size photos to them? As I submitted on my main interview day and did biometric as well.

Violetsareblue wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:03 pm
Violetsareblue wrote:
Hello jay,
I was asked to bring 4 passport photographs for me and my dependents on interview day but the interviewer didn’t ask for it or collected it. I therefore didn’t do biometrics on interview day apart from the one we did on screening day.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:09 pm

jay287 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:47 pm
Hi senu,

I will do! I know our circumstance is not easy. Praying I will hear something from solicitor/HO this week.

Best of luck to us
senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

Keep me posted.
Best of luck

senu14 wrote:

Hi Jay,
Hello Jay,
seen you have applied accommodation support so could you please let me know what sort of documents they require for processing it. today I called migrant help for apply accommodation but at this point they have only asked me to send eviction letter with self statement. took all kids details and husband details. we have to move on 30th September as eviction date. adviser has asked me to write in self statement that which part of country we wish for accommodation but said its not guaranteed.

jay287

Post by jay287 » Fri May 29, 2020 1:12 pm

Hi violet

Thanks for the reply.

Hi senu,

I submitted letter from my friend and my statement. I also submitted letter from gp, my therapist “mental health”, letter from refugee council as I am volunteering for them. I have serious mental issues due to domestic violence from my English husband. There’s no guarantee that we will be given accommodation that’s close to where we are right now but there’s no harm in trying and explaining your circumstance.

Jay
senu14 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:09 pm
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

Best of luck to us
senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

Keep me posted.
Best of luck

Hello Jay,
seen you have applied accommodation support so could you please let me know what sort of documents they require for processing it. today I called migrant help for apply accommodation but at this point they have only asked me to send eviction letter with self statement. took all kids details and husband details. we have to move on 30th September as eviction date. adviser has asked me to write in self statement that which part of country we wish for accommodation but said its not guaranteed.

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Fri May 29, 2020 4:51 pm

jay287 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:12 pm
Hi violet

Thanks for the reply.

Hi senu,

I submitted letter from my friend and my statement. I also submitted letter from gp, my therapist “mental health”, letter from refugee council as I am volunteering for them. I have serious mental issues due to domestic violence from my English husband. There’s no guarantee that we will be given accommodation that’s close to where we are right now but there’s no harm in trying and explaining your circumstance.

Jay
senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

Best of luck to us
senu14 wrote:

Hello Jay,
Hello Jay, are you married to your English husband and did you have ever help spouse visa?

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Fri May 29, 2020 4:51 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:51 pm
jay287 wrote:
Hi violet

Thanks for the reply.

Hi senu,

Jay
senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

Best of luck to us

Hello Jay,
Hello Jay, are you married to your English husband and have you ever had spouse visa?

jay287

Post by jay287 » Fri May 29, 2020 6:39 pm

Hi violet,
Yes I am married, we are still not divorced yet. I left him whilst my spouse visa was on process with police involved and hospital. I didn’t know that I had to call the HO straight away as I was given with wrong advice. The person who tried to help was not an expert immigration solicitor he was still a newbie immigration adviser. I have records of women’s aid etc etc. It supposed to be a straightforward case if only I contacted HO a day after I left him. I applied for ILR set dv however I am not eligible as I didn’t get the spouse visa in my hands, although I technically had a spouse visa it’s only a matter of asking the right people and talking to the HO. I was petrified that time and didn’t know what to do. But now as years go by I learned about my case and about immigration I’ve done a lot of research. We have to be on top of our circumstance and do our own research and ask the right people. What about you?
Violetsareblue wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi violet

Thanks for the reply.

Hi senu,

Jay
senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

Best of luck to us

Hello Jay,
Hello Jay, are you married to your English husband and did you have ever help spouse visa?

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Fri May 29, 2020 8:52 pm

jay287 wrote:
Hi violet

Thanks for the reply.

Hi senu,

Jay
senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

Best of luck to us
senu14 wrote:

Hello Jay,
Hi jay,

Thank you. I hope migrant help been forwarded my accommodation request to the HO. I have never heard anyone got accommodation in Cambridge as its expensive city but as you said I gave a little try. do you know they might ask us to sending bank statements etc.. like before when we applied financial support. did you hear anything regarding yours.

jay287

Post by jay287 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:05 pm

Hi senu,

I don’t think they ask for bank statement as I spoke to them and I also have a social worker/support. Just submit whatever you can, at least you tried your best. Just be straight forward to them. We are not very far I live 15minutes by train from Cambridge. I am hoping I get accommodation around here too. Are you getting section 95 subs only? I am getting subs only atm and from Salvation Army.

Regards
senu14 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:52 pm
jay287 wrote:
Hi violet

Thanks for the reply.

Hi senu,

Jay
senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

Best of luck to us

Hello Jay,
Hi jay,

Thank you. I hope migrant help been forwarded my accommodation request to the HO. I have never heard anyone got accommodation in Cambridge as its expensive city but as you said I gave a little try. do you know they might ask us to sending bank statements etc.. like before when we applied financial support. did you hear anything regarding yours.

jay287

Post by jay287 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:07 pm

I haven’t receive any updates from my solicitor/HO. I’ve been waiting and checking immigration news and rules every single day! Imagine the amount of stress frustrations and sadness. But I know we will get there! Don’t lose hope!
jay287 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:05 pm
Hi senu,

I don’t think they ask for bank statement as I spoke to them and I also have a social worker/support. Just submit whatever you can, at least you tried your best. Just be straight forward to them. We are not very far I live 15minutes by train from Cambridge. I am hoping I get accommodation around here too. Are you getting section 95 subs only? I am getting subs only atm and from Salvation Army.

Regards
senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi violet

Thanks for the reply.

Hi senu,

Jay
senu14 wrote:

Hello Jay,
Hi jay,

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:18 pm

jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

Regards
senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi violet

Thanks for the reply.

Hi senu,

Jay
senu14 wrote:

Hello Jay,
Hi jay,

Hi Jay ,

its nice to hear you are living around here in Cambridge. we live in Cambridge for 10 years now to be honest its really hard to leave here now specially for kids their all friends here they never been out of Cambridge. yeah we are only getting financial support yet because we didn't want accommodation before but with current situation its hard for us to stay same place. same as you every single day I'm waking up with full of hopes hear something from HO but nothing yet. please let me know once you hear around where you gonna get accommodation. at the moment burning problem where will be

jay287

Post by jay287 » Fri May 29, 2020 10:48 pm

Hi senu,

I will surely update you. did your solicitor sent the chase letter yet? It’s been 9months since my main interview. Fingers crossed for us all. I honestly feel like I am in double pandemic. I think we all are feeling the same thing. But I know our uncertainty is temporary.
senu14 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:18 pm
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

Regards
senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi violet

Thanks for the reply.

Hi senu,

Jay

Hi jay,

Hi Jay ,

its nice to hear you are living around here in Cambridge. we live in Cambridge for 10 years now to be honest its really hard to leave here now specially for kids their all friends here they never been out of Cambridge. yeah we are only getting financial support yet because we didn't want accommodation before but with current situation its hard for us to stay same place. same as you every single day I'm waking up with full of hopes hear something from HO but nothing yet. please let me know once you hear around where you gonna get accommodation. at the moment burning problem where will be

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Sat May 30, 2020 6:32 pm

jay287 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:39 pm
Hi violet,
Yes I am married, we are still not divorced yet. I left him whilst my spouse visa was on process with police involved and hospital. I didn’t know that I had to call the HO straight away as I was given with wrong advice. The person who tried to help was not an expert immigration solicitor he was still a newbie immigration adviser. I have records of women’s aid etc etc. It supposed to be a straightforward case if only I contacted HO a day after I left him. I applied for ILR set dv however I am not eligible as I didn’t get the spouse visa in my hands, although I technically had a spouse visa it’s only a matter of asking the right people and talking to the HO. I was petrified that time and didn’t know what to do. But now as years go by I learned about my case and about immigration I’ve done a lot of research. We have to be on top of our circumstance and do our own research and ask the right people. What about you?
Violetsareblue wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi violet

Thanks for the reply.

Hi senu,

Jay
senu14 wrote:

Hello Jay,
You would’ve qualified for ILR if you had the spouse visa but it’s unfortunate. I am separated with my ex husband( not British) that we came to this country together. I have a new born with someone else but we’re nothing serious. When ex husband has always been abusive but I never told anyone and my visa expire and I was stranded. I didn’t get right advice on what to do as I couldn’t go back with soo many children and issues back with his family. I finale got the advice to claim asylum due to my situation back home.

jay287

Post by jay287 » Sat May 30, 2020 7:41 pm

HI violet,
Sorry to hear that. Being in an abusive relationship is very awful.

Yes I would have been entitled for ILR, that would be my biggest argument. I am not divorce with with my husband. Are you divorce? It’s a shame I was given with wrong advice. That was the scariest and bravest thing I did in my life leaving my husband calling the police.
Violetsareblue wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 6:32 pm
jay287 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:39 pm
Hi violet,
Violetsareblue wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi violet

Thanks for the reply.

Hi senu,

Jay

You would’ve qualified for ILR if you had the spouse visa but it’s unfortunate. I am separated with my ex husband( not British) that we came to this country together. I have a new born with someone else but we’re nothing serious. When ex husband has always been abusive but I never told anyone and my visa expire and I was stranded. I didn’t get right advice on what to do as I couldn’t go back with soo many children and issues back with his family. I finale got the advice to claim asylum due to my situation back home.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:32 pm

jay287 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:48 pm
Hi senu,

I will surely update you. did your solicitor sent the chase letter yet? It’s been 9months since my main interview. Fingers crossed for us all. I honestly feel like I am in double pandemic. I think we all are feeling the same thing. But I know our uncertainty is temporary.
senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

Regards
senu14 wrote:
Hi jay,

Hi Jay ,

Hi Jay,
Did you hear from NASS regards your accommodation request or any news from FSU ? I have sent eviction letter and self statement nearly two weeks before but after that didn't hear anything yet.

jay287

Post by jay287 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:32 am

Hi senu,

Unfortunately no news yet I guess we have to wait for them. I was thinking to ring them but it hasn’t been a month yet. I’ll surely keep you posted. No news for both.

senu14 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:32 pm
jay287 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:48 pm
Hi senu,

senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

Regards

Hi Jay ,

Hi Jay,
Did you hear from NASS regards your accommodation request or any news from FSU ? I have sent eviction letter and self statement nearly two weeks before but after that didn't hear anything yet.

welljohn

Post by welljohn » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:16 pm

Hi Senu, sorry for all your trouble but be strong and God will guide you through... Domestic abused is straight forward case with HO.. With evidence of it in your hand.... Won't be in this position now. Trust in God and belief it will be over soon. Stay blessed.