ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SEGS to Tier 1 (Post Study Work)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shailuparmar
Newly Registered

SEGS to Tier 1 (Post Study Work)

Post by shailuparmar » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:28 pm

Dear All,

I need some advice regarding Tier 1 (Post Study Work):
I was on SEGS Visa, which has been already expired on 9th May 2008. My Company has applied for my work permit on 1st May 2008 and It was refused on 19th May 2008, then I have submitted my review application(appeal) for re-consideration on 13th June and today I have received a refusal letter again in response to that review application.

I came in UK on 17th September 2005 on Student Visa which was up to 31st January 2007,but I applied for extension of student visa in December - 2006, which I got up to 30th April 2007. Then I applied for SEGS Visa in April 2007 which was extended up to 9th May 2008. I received my Degree Mark sheet on 18th December 2006 and my graduate ceremony was on 20 July 2007.

I had already sent application for Leave to Reamin on 06/05/2008, before my visa ending on 09/05/2008. So presently my passport is in the home office.

Now I want to know whether I can apply for another 1 year extension under new Tier 1 (Post Study Work) visa. So please advice me regarding this.

Thanks in advance

Shailu

rnari4u
Newly Registered

i got small information

Post by rnari4u » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:32 am

i knew the problem ur under, there is a clause in home office rules that if u have applied under one category and before getting stamed under that u can make an another type FLR..........but it is completely based on humanitarial grounds.......means considering the situation and case worker mood................and u can not do this on ur own........... u got to apply through a solicitair........i hope this information helps u............

cu

rnari4u
Newly Registered

hi

Post by rnari4u » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:49 am

i am not sure the thing,,eligibility..... that as ur visa expired in 9th may 2008............ to apply posy study.......