ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are my chances of dependent visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mirzabaeg22
Newly Registered
India

What are my chances of dependent visa

Post by mirzabaeg22 » Sat May 30, 2020 5:46 pm

Hi all,
I have been in UK on student visa few years back and while completing the master's degree there were some amendments in immigration schemes and 'Post study Work (PSW)' visa scheme had been abrogated. So, i missed the opportunity to apply for post study work visa. Later with suggestions of my friends , put the case with the 'HM Court & Tribunal Service', in response to that got a acknowledgement letter confirming the case has been registered and will be intimated when to attend the hearing.
Every time i inquired about my case on phone, was suggested to wait for few more days as there were high volume of cases/applications. Even after completing 3 years still haven't got the response from court, exacerbating my situation ,even my Indian passport had expired.
So frustrated of all, i withdraw my case and came back to home country on emergency travel document.
Now, after 4 years my spouse is applying for student visa for UK and i want to be dependent, so the thing that is bothering me is "whether my earlier case history will impact my new application as a dependent" .
I don't want to be in situation where my spouse gets visa as a student and mine got declined as dependent.
Looking for your valuable suggestions.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: What are my chances of dependent visa

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun May 31, 2020 6:19 pm

Hello

Your chances are nominal. What you are describing here doesn't sound like an adverse immigration history.

Anyone in the UK has the right to fill a court case then pull it later. There is no consequences here.

Did you overstay in the UK? Or did you leave within the validity of your visa? Overstaying could be an issue and usually is. But the fact that you tried some application that was aborted before even considered, is not an issue in itself.