ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Global Talent VISA Endorsement April 2020

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Babzam20
Newly Registered

Global Talent VISA Endorsement April 2020

Post by Babzam20 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:18 pm

Hi

I have got a positive endorsement from Royal Academy
:D :) :lol:
So my timeline is
Submitted online application: 14 February
Submitted hard copies: 15 February
Received URN: 19 February
Received Endorsement: 22 April

I was endorsed as exceptional promise talent

I am very happy to answer any query on how to go about it.

Cynt
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Global Talent VISA Endorsement April 2020

Post by Cynt » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:23 pm

Wow! Congratulations!!!
Did you make the application yourself or you used an immigration lawyer? Secondly, can you please share the evidences you submitted? Thanks.
Babzam20 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:18 pm
Hi

I have got a positive endorsement from Royal Academy
:D :) :lol:
So my timeline is
Submitted online application: 14 February
Submitted hard copies: 15 February
Received URN: 19 February
Received Endorsement: 22 April

I was endorsed as exceptional promise talent

I am very happy to answer any query on how to go about it.

Babzam20
Newly Registered

Post by Babzam20 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:44 pm

Cynt wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:23 pm
Wow! Congratulations!!!
Did you make the application yourself or you used an immigration lawyer? Secondly, can you please share the evidences you submitted? Thanks.
Babzam20 wrote:
Hi

I made the application myself. The evidences sent are my application form, letter of recommendation from an eminent person and my CV.

Cynt
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Cynt » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:11 am

Babzam20 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:44 pm
Cynt wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:23 pm
Wow! Congratulations!!!
Babzam20 wrote:
Hi

I made the application myself. The evidences sent are my application form, letter of recommendation from an eminent person and my CV.
Thank you for your response. I'm still a bit confused. Does it mean you didn't have to submit evidences like publications, grant letters if any, credentials, etc? Or did you download them in the application? How did they confirm the things you have in your CV?

Babzam20
Newly Registered

Post by Babzam20 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:31 am

Cynt wrote: Thank you for your response. I'm still a bit confused. Does it mean you didn't have to submit evidences like publications, grant letters if any, credentials, etc? Or did you download them in the application? How did they confirm the things you have in your CV?
If you submit evidences for exceptional promise application, it will be removed by the home office and securely discarded. I think they have a reliable means to evaluate and confirm your claims in your CV.

talentreseracher
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by talentreseracher » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:55 am

Hello @babzam, congratulations for your endorsement. I hope you have a brilliant future ahead.
I am still studying the Tier 1 and intend to apply for the Royal Society.
Can you please tell us more details about your track records, background and achievements and how you organize your data prior to submit?
Thank you in advance.
God bless you

Babzam20
Newly Registered

Post by Babzam20 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:48 am

talentreseracher wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:55 am
Hello @babzam, congratulations for your endorsement. I hope you have a brilliant future ahead.
Can you please tell us more details about your track records, background and achievements and how you organize your data prior to submit?
Thank you in advance.
God bless you
To increase your chances of getting endorsed, you will need to have publications, be a member of a professional bodies, and have submitted an application for a research fellowship. This is in addition to having a PhD degree, and letter of recommendation from an eminent person in the U.K.

Gaurav Kaushik
Newly Registered
India

Post by Gaurav Kaushik » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:42 am

Hi Babzam, congrats for your successful endorsement process. I am Phd in life sciences from India with 5 years research experience. I do not have any job offer and recommendation letter from UK scientist. However, I have recommendations from Indian Scientists. Am I elible to apply for the endorsement under the exceptional promise category? Thanks in advance!

Babzam20
Newly Registered

Post by Babzam20 » Thu May 21, 2020 6:30 am

talentreseracher wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:55 am
Thank you in advance.
God bless you
In order to increase your chances of getting endorsed, you will need to have a PhD, be a member of professional bodies, have a number of publications and your research area must be quite novel and needed in the U.K. Getting sponsorship for your PhD is an added advantage. It will also do you good that to have applied for Research Fellowship in the U.K. before submitting your application.

Babzam20
Newly Registered

Post by Babzam20 » Thu May 21, 2020 6:34 am

Gaurav Kaushik wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:42 am
Hi Babzam, congrats for your successful endorsement process. I am Phd in life sciences from India with 5 years research experience. I do not have any job offer and recommendation letter from UK scientist. However, I have recommendations from Indian Scientists. Am I elible to apply for the endorsement under the exceptional promise category? Thanks in advance!
Letter of Recommendation from an eminent person in the U.K. is mandatory. Your endorsement application will be rejected without it. You don’t need to have a job offer to apply but it’s good to have applied for research fellowship before submitting your application.

Genetics
Newly Registered

Post by Genetics » Tue May 26, 2020 12:17 pm

Hi Babzam20,
Congratulations. I was also endorsed as an exceptional promise on 21 /04/2020 by Royal Society. Have you applied for the stage 2 please? Which visa are you switching from? I am currently in the UK with Tier 4 visa that will expire in October. For me to switch from Tier 4 to Global Talent Visa, I need to leave UK and apply outside but with this lockdown it is almost impossible at the moment. Home Office only permits those that their leave to remain will expire by end of July to apply within the UK. Are you in similar situation please? My endorsement letter will expire on 21 July. I have called Home Office but not getting any direct help on whether I should apply within the UK or wait when the lockdown is over to leave the UK and apply with expired endorsement letter. I am afraid if expired endorsement letter will be accepted. Any advice please?
Thanks much

Babzam20
Newly Registered

Post by Babzam20 » Tue May 26, 2020 1:28 pm

Genetics wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:17 pm
Hi Babzam20,
Congratulations. I was also endorsed as an exceptional promise on 21 /04/2020 by Royal Society. Have you applied for the stage 2 please? Which visa are you switching from? I am currently in the UK with Tier 4 visa that will expire in October. For me to switch from Tier 4 to Global Talent Visa, I need to leave UK and apply outside but with this lockdown it is almost impossible at the moment. Home Office only permits those that their leave to remain will expire by end of July to apply within the UK. Are you in similar situation please? My endorsement letter will expire on 21 July. I have called Home Office but not getting any direct help on whether I should apply within the UK or wait when the lockdown is over to leave the UK and apply with expired endorsement letter. I am afraid if expired endorsement letter will be accepted. Any advice please?
Thanks much
Your situation is understandable. All you need to do now is to apply for the Visa with the intention of going to your home country for the visa interview. You must submit your application before the expiry date of the endorsement letter. This will give you additional 3 months for the interview. By then, the coast would have been cleared. You have nothing to worry about.

Cynt
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Cynt » Tue May 26, 2020 4:08 pm

Genetics wrote:
Hi Babzam20,
Thanks much
Congratulations on your endorsement. I think you should send home office an email explaining your situation, not just a phone call, to enable them give you a well thought out response.

Secondly, please can you share your achievements for the endorsement? Do you have a phd? Are you a member of any academy? Do you have publications and about how many? Do you have grants? Sorry for all the questions. What do you think gave you an advantage? I'm interested in these questions as I'm also a tier 4 student. Thanks so much in advance.

Genetics
Newly Registered

Post by Genetics » Tue May 26, 2020 6:35 pm

Babzam20 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:28 pm
Genetics wrote:
Hi Babzam20,
Thanks much
Your situation is understandable. All you need to do now is to apply for the Visa with the intention of going to your home country for the visa interview. You must submit your application before the expiry date of the endorsement letter. This will give you additional 3 months for the interview. By then, the coast would have been cleared. You have nothing to worry about.
Hi Babzam20
Thanks very much. That is a very good piece of advice.

Genetics
Newly Registered

Post by Genetics » Tue May 26, 2020 7:22 pm

Cynt wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:08 pm
Genetics wrote:
Hi Babzam20,
Thanks much
Congratulations on your endorsement. I think you should send home office an email explaining your situation, not just a phone call, to enable them give you a well thought out response.

Secondly, please can you share your achievements for the endorsement? Do you have a phd? Are you a member of any academy? Do you have publications and about how many? Do you have grants? Sorry for all the questions. What do you think gave you an advantage? I'm interested in these questions as I'm also a tier 4 student. Thanks so much in advance.
Hi Cynt,
Thanks for your good suggestion and congratulatory message. Yes, I have written Home Office but still waiting for their reply. I got automatic reply that it would take several days for them to reply me because of their busy schedule at the moment. I will wait for them but will apply for the stage 2 by second week of July. Here are brief of my achievements:
1. I finished my PhD in 2019 in UK
2. UK PhD scholarship (only one awarded in my school, that is faculty that year). I think this was one of main strengths for being the only person awarded this in my school.
3. Another PhD scholarship to study in Australia. I turned down this offer but I used the letter to support my application
4. M.Sc scholarship from international organisation in my field.
5. Best graduating student (B.Sc) award in my department
6. I was offered a 3 year postdoctoral position this year in USA (this was one of my main strengths)
7. I am currently a university lecturer (few years of experience). This was also one of my main strengths
8. I have 14 research articles, 2 reviews and 2 editorial books. (This was also of my main strengths)
9. My recommendation letter was from my internal examiner and deputy head of my school. She wrote a very strong recommendation for me. I optimised a new research protocol during my PhD after my predecessor could not establish it. I also assisted two different research group leaders in their projects during my PhD. My impact helped them to succeed in the research projects. She also included all these exploits in the recommendation letter.
10. I was a member of a professional body .You will be asked of this when you are making the online application.
11. I applied for a research fellowship in the UK before the application. You will be asked of this also.
Note: Those in other fields have different requirements. I am in Life Science. Also, every individual has different strengths. To be frank, I was a bit nervous before and after the online application.
At the end, I am happy for being endorsed. I hope this information will help.

I hope this will help you. Good luck!

Cynt
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Cynt » Tue May 26, 2020 9:21 pm

Hi Genetics,
Thank you so much for your elaborate response. I admire your achievements. Congrats again. This is really helpful. One of the criteria says "Have a phd or equivalent research experience ". Do you have an idea of what they would consider as an equivalent to phd research experience? Looking at someone without a phd yet.

I hope you get a satisfactory response from home office as soon as possible. Cheers!

Genetics
Newly Registered

Post by Genetics » Wed May 27, 2020 10:39 am

Hi Cynt,
Thanks for your good compliments. I think equivalent research experience means one should have been conducting research for the same duration of PhD program probably without a gap. May be 3 or 4 years experience. It may be more suitable for someone working in a research-based organization. The person will certainly needs to provide clear proofs in written forms.

Thanks. I hope to hear from Home Office this week.
Best wishes.

Cynt
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Cynt » Wed May 27, 2020 1:25 pm

Hi Genetics,
Thank you so much for your kind responses. I'm truly encouraged. I really appreciate your time. Wish you the best as you keep going higher. Cheers!

Genetics
Newly Registered

Post by Genetics » Wed May 27, 2020 9:01 pm

Hi Cynt,
Your are welcome. I am glad my suggestion was helpful to you. I wish you success in your application. Thanks.
Best wishes!

Gaurav Kaushik
Newly Registered
India

Post by Gaurav Kaushik » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:27 am

Babzam20 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:34 am
Gaurav Kaushik wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:42 am
Letter of Recommendation from an eminent person in the U.K. is mandatory. Your endorsement application will be rejected without it. You don’t need to have a job offer to apply but it’s good to have applied for research fellowship before submitting your application.
Thanks Babzam for your kind response. So basically I should have a fellowship grant before applying to Global talent Visa? Which route would be better for me UKRI funder route or peer review? Could you please help ? Does UKRI provide funding support to the postdocs from overseas under this global talent visa? sorry for too many questions.
Best wishes for your future endeavor.

Geoffrey80
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Geoffrey80 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:08 pm

I got a positive outcome at last.

My time line.

17 June 2020 sent my Endorsement application
17 June 2020 Home office notified Tech Nation
06 July 2020 I got endorsement letter from Home office

Please note: This is my 3rd application.
I believe the key lesson learnt from me is paying attention to their feedbacks and then adjusting accordingly.

Best of luck guys

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:46 am

Geoffrey80 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:08 pm
I got a positive outcome at last.

My time line.

17 June 2020 sent my Endorsement application
17 June 2020 Home office notified Tech Nation
06 July 2020 I got endorsement letter from Home office

Please note: This is my 3rd application.
I believe the key lesson learnt from me is paying attention to their feedbacks and then adjusting accordingly.

Best of luck guys
Did you apply for stage 2?

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:01 am

Anyone of you who applied for stage 2 got an outcome?
If yes then can you please share the timeline and did you get a decision letter first or directly you got the brp?

Berkay

Post by Berkay » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:25 pm

Hi @babzam:

congrats.

I'm going to apply for the Global talent Visa in the route of exceptional promise.
On of the things they ask is a recommendation letter from an eminent person.
Currently I'm working as a post-doc in UK, so can I ask from my PI who's a lecturer in the university to give me a recommendation letter?

Thank you.