ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse planning to stay in UK being falsing

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

2020Man
Newly Registered

Spouse planning to stay in UK being falsing

Post by 2020Man » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:26 am

Hi All,

I m a British Citizen, married 2.5 years now. My wife (Indian) tricked me into being intimate, thinking she will be pregnant. Not sure if she is pregnant yet, but I (husband) isn't interested in this pregnancy, due to her hidden agenda. She is on spouse visa now valid another more than a year. She has started liking UK & wants to remain in UK. She is planning to delivery a baby (however I don't agree) in UK & settle in UK. I have below query please:
1) What can I do to put my point to UK system, that she is imposing this pregnancy on me. She will be extremely angry when I say this & becomes violent i.e. walks out of house & comes after I search for her.
I don't want any divocrce etec, however she doesn't hear & listen to me. If I speak what she likes is OK, else she will become violent. We have no family members in UK.
2) I have conveyed to her that I don't want this pregnancy to proceed, but she doesn't agree.
She wants me to help her with doctors appointment & in all respects, however I am not interested due to her hidden agenda. It will annoy her if I tell the doctor that I am not interested in this pregnancy.
3) What are the chances she will be successful in carrying this pregnancy & after delivery, child can be British & whether she can remain in UK without my sponrship?
I am sorry to write all but it was necessary to give a brief background.

I'll be grateful for view of all who can reply.

Thanks in advance

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Spouse planning to stay in UK being falsing

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:54 am

She has started liking UK & wants to remain in UK
I don't see the point of this really. Was your marriage some sort of temporary arrangement where she was supposed to stay for a short while in the UK then leave?

In the UK, women own their bodies (read again "Life in the UK" preparation book). It means if she wants to get pregnant, it's her right. As a man, if you don't want a women to get pregnant from you, just don't sleep with her.
It will annoy her if I tell the doctor that I am not interested in this pregnancy.
Again, it's possible that in some countries, the doctor would make her go through a forced abortion to oblige, but NOT in the UK. She has all right to seek medical attention and get support through her pregnancy with or without your consent.

I recommend you go to together to Relationship Counselling. The NHS has a service for that:

https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/other ... Search/400

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:13 am

2020Man wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:26 am
Hi All,

I m a British Citizen, married 2.5 years now. My wife (Indian) tricked me into being intimate, thinking she will be pregnant. Not sure if she is pregnant yet, but I (husband) isn't interested in this pregnancy, due to her hidden agenda. She is on spouse visa now valid another more than a year. She has started liking UK & wants to remain in UK. She is planning to delivery a baby (however I don't agree) in UK & settle in UK. I have below query please:
1) What can I do to put my point to UK system, that she is imposing this pregnancy on me. She will be extremely angry when I say this & becomes violent i.e. walks out of house & comes after I search for her.
I don't want any divocrce etec, however she doesn't hear & listen to me. If I speak what she likes is OK, else she will become violent. We have no family members in UK.
2) I have conveyed to her that I don't want this pregnancy to proceed, but she doesn't agree.
She wants me to help her with doctors appointment & in all respects, however I am not interested due to her hidden agenda. It will annoy her if I tell the doctor that I am not interested in this pregnancy.
3) What are the chances she will be successful in carrying this pregnancy & after delivery, child can be British & whether she can remain in UK without my sponrship?

Thanks in advance
Around 99.5% of all above said isn't an immigration related rather manifesting your own concocted assumptions.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

2020Man
Newly Registered

Post by 2020Man » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:58 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:54 am
She has started liking UK & wants to remain in UK
I don't see the point of this really. Was your marriage some sort of temporary arrangement where she was supposed to stay for a short while in the UK then leave?

In the UK, women own their bodies (read again "Life in the UK" preparation book). It means if she wants to get pregnant, it's her right. As a man, if you don't want a women to get pregnant from you, just don't sleep with her.
It will annoy her if I tell the doctor that I am not interested in this pregnancy.
Again, it's possible that in some countries, the doctor would make her go through a forced abortion to oblige, but NOT in the UK. She has all right to seek medical attention and get support through her pregnancy with or without your consent.

I recommend you go to together to Relationship Counselling. The NHS has a service for that:

https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/other ... Search/400
Hello Zerubbabel,
Thanks for your reply. Her visa isn't a temporary visa. It is a proper spouse visa which is for 33 months, ending in Sep 2021.
I might have to relocate to my native country, due to unemployment situation due to Covid-19, age old parents in native country.

2020Man
Newly Registered

Post by 2020Man » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:01 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:13 am
2020Man wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance
Around 99.5% of all above said isn't an immigration related rather manifesting your own concocted assumptions.
Thanks Seagull. I have written what I wrote is to give the background. I am sure what I wrote is what she intends, however even if I am wrong, I would like to avoid a scenario where I am stuck in any family related legality.
Thanks again

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:05 pm

2020Man wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:01 pm
seagul wrote:
2020Man wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance
Thanks Seagull. I have written what I wrote is to give the background. I am sure what I wrote is what she intends, however even if I am wrong, I would like to avoid a scenario where I am stuck in any family related legality.
Thanks again

In my opinion you seem to have lived most proportion of your life in loneliness before becoming UK national and for obtaining this you must have struggled a lot while kept overwhelmed with pessimism. Usually after this irredeemable affliction it become very hard for a person to remodel & transform himself with family life which actually demands a lot new adjustments & sacrifices. There is one tip which may enable you to decipher this issue with correct remedy which is to move back with her temporarily to India as you are already out of work & worried about parents. Also never think/say anything bad about pregnancy as because conception is not so easy and a legitimate pregnancy sometimes become a miracle.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:51 am

This is NOT an immigration matter.

But why on Earth would you marry someone who wants children when you so very clearly feel like children are entrapment/ a burden???

Divorce the poor woman and let her find a partner who wants the same things as her.

It's very odd that you are married to someone who you feel is trying to trick you into a pregnancy... that is highly unusual in a married relationship!

Additionally, I couldn't quite make out, is she actually pregnant or just trying to become pregnant??

2020Man
Newly Registered

Post by 2020Man » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:21 am

seagul wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:05 pm
2020Man wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:01 pm
seagul wrote:
2020Man wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance
Thanks again

In my opinion you seem to have lived most proportion of your life in loneliness before becoming UK national and for obtaining this you must have struggled a lot while kept overwhelmed with pessimism. Usually after this irredeemable affliction it become very hard for a person to remodel & transform himself with family life which actually demands a lot new adjustments & sacrifices. There is one tip which may enable you to decipher this issue with correct remedy which is to move back with her temporarily to India as you are already out of work & worried about parents. Also never think/say anything bad about pregnancy as because conception is not so easy and a legitimate pregnancy sometimes become a miracle.
Thanks Seagull. You guessed it right. This is my second marriage and I have already undergone court cases in UK. My child is taken away by my ex. I am not pessimistic but seeing some symptoms of her becoming more interested in UK, instead of family life. I am sorry if I seem pessimistic, but I don't want to be abandoned after her getting ILR/BC. I agree with your advice to relocate. Thanks a lot for your advice.

2020Man
Newly Registered

Post by 2020Man » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:24 am

physicskate wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:51 am
This is NOT an immigration matter.

But why on Earth would you marry someone who wants children when you so very clearly feel like children are entrapment/ a burden???

Divorce the poor woman and let her find a partner who wants the same things as her.

It's very odd that you are married to someone who you feel is trying to trick you into a pregnancy... that is highly unusual in a married relationship!

Additionally, I couldn't quite make out, is she actually pregnant or just trying to become pregnant??
Thanks physicskate for your reply. Having kids was one reason for both of us to marry however situation has changed now due to what I can visualize. She isn't yet sure of pregnancy, however possible. I heard her talking to her friend, saying she has tricked me.
Thanks anyway