ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reason to opt out IDV?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ovspianist
Newly Registered
China

Tier 2 General to ILR.

Post by ovspianist » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:08 pm

Hi,

Thanks everyone for posting all the useful information here, I have learned a lot!

There are still a few things I would like to confirm if anyone knows, especially things are quite confusing during the pandemic. Any help or comment is gratefully appreciated!

My situation:
Came to the UK 5 years ago with Tier 2 General visa, before that I worked in the UK for 1 year with a Tier 5 and then I went back to my home country to work for a year, after that I re-entered the UK to work with a new employer under a new Tier 2 visa, which is what I'm using now.

Current Tier 2 ends in August and I'm still waiting to take my LITUK test mid/end of June. I have used an IELTS certificate when I applied my first Tier 2 visa with a score of C1.

My questions:

1) English test, if I understand the requirement correctly and the information here, I should be able to use the old rest result as a document for ILR application right? and
2) I only have a photocopy of the original document now but I understand they should be uploaded digitally anyway? and
3) although the gov website says B1, they should recognise C1 as a valid result as it's higher than B1?

4) Online application forces me to confirm and lock my answers before continuing and paying for the application, and since I'm yet to take my LITUK test, I should wait until I get the result back before locking the details correct?

5) The earliest date I can apply is 12th July 2020, and my current visa will run out roughly a month after that. Because I can't tell if there's going to be slots for appointment or any potential delay and time shift due to the pandemic, I'm a little worried about becoming a overstayer. I know in the past I could continue working if I can send my application before expiration. In this case for ILR, does it mean I can continue working and staying here as long as I submit my application(online) before my visa expires? Or do I have to book an appointment before that as well?

6) listed under documents I need to provide, "Letter from travel companies to evidence disruption to travel for MY NAME", if I cannot collect all the emails and messages from all the past travels I made for holidays, am I likely to be rejected? My employer is going to issue a letter confirming my continuous employment, and I have not taken any combined leave more than 180 days within any given year.

7) again, since I can't check how the documents are going to be sent before locking my details, does anyone know are all documents going to be submitted digitally, including passport and old BRP?

Thanks a lot!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR.

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:36 am

1) English test, if I understand the requirement correctly and the information here, I should be able to use the old rest result as a document for ILR application right? and
2) I only have a photocopy of the original document now but I understand they should be uploaded digitally anyway? and
3) although the gov website says B1, they should recognise C1 as a valid result as it's higher than B1?
You will qualify automatically as per rules as long as that IELTS provider is still accepted by UKVI.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-spouse-r ... l#p1892664
4) Online application forces me to confirm and lock my answers before continuing and paying for the application, and since I'm yet to take my LITUK test, I should wait until I get the result back before locking the details correct?
Do not wait. Simply submit your application online. Provide the pass certificate later
5) The earliest date I can apply is 12th July 2020, and my current visa will run out roughly a month after that. Because I can't tell if there's going to be slots for appointment or any potential delay and time shift due to the pandemic, I'm a little worried about becoming a overstayer. I know in the past I could continue working if I can send my application before expiration. In this case for ILR, does it mean I can continue working and staying here as long as I submit my application(online) before my visa expires? Or do I have to book an appointment before that as well?
As long as you submit your application online before visa expiry, you are protected by section 3C. The appointment date is irrelevant
6) listed under documents I need to provide, "Letter from travel companies to evidence disruption to travel for MY NAME", if I cannot collect all the emails and messages from all the past travels I made for holidays, am I likely to be rejected? My employer is going to issue a letter confirming my continuous employment, and I have not taken any combined leave more than 180 days within any given year.
That is not required at all. An employer letter is sufficient
7) again, since I can't check how the documents are going to be sent before locking my details, does anyone know are all documents going to be submitted digitally, including passport and old BRP?
Everything is submitted digitally since late 2018
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ovspianist
Newly Registered
China

Post by ovspianist » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:00 pm

Thank you Zimba for the quick reply, it's really helpful!
You will qualify automatically as per rules as long as that IELTS provider is still accepted by UKVI.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-spouse-r ... l#p1892664
Do not wait. Simply submit your application online. Provide the pass certificate later
Sorry for the additional questions, I'm in general confused about the application process and how it's handled if they think the information needed is missing. For the IELTS test, I did check my test result and the test centre is still on the approved list.

1) When you say qualify automatically do you mean I could just not upload the old test result form, and caseworkers would infer based on my previous Tier 2 General visa?

2) I'm required to put the LITUK reference number in the application which I do not have, do you think I should just leave it blank and proceed, and then at what stage/who I could contact to add the missing information?

Again thanks for the help!!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:34 pm

1) When you say qualify automatically do you mean I could just not upload the old test result form, and caseworkers would infer based on my previous Tier 2 General visa?
Yes. I quoted the rules
2) I'm required to put the LITUK reference number in the application which I do not have, do you think I should just leave it blank and proceed, and then at what stage/who I could contact to add the missing information?
Leave blank and proceed. UKVI will consider your submitted documents NOT just the answers on the form. Submit a covering letter with the pass reference number. Explain this also at the end of the application when you can add extra info
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ovspianist
Newly Registered
China

Set(O) documents list.

Post by ovspianist » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:20 pm

Hi,

Thank you guys for helping us who have questions about ILR and I have learnt a lot here.

I'm currently filling my online application, my current Tier 2 visa expires on 9th August 2020, and based on what I read here I need to submit my application online before that 9th August. I finished filling the forms and now ready to make the payment, however there are a few things I'm not clear about, if anyone here could help answering them it'll be much apprecited!

In my application the website showed a list of documents for me to send after payment:

Mandatory documents
  • The police registration certificate for MY NAME
  • The passport issued by MY HOME COUNTRY for MY NAME
Other documents
  • Letter from travel companies to evidence disruption to travel for MY NAME
My employer is going to provide me a letter stating all the leaves during my employment with them. However I do have one 20 days long holiday before working for this employer and after leaving pevious employer, I travelled while I was waiting for my change of Tier 2 back then. Do I need to provide the travel tickets for this period?

• The language test certificate for MY NAME to prove the level of English language required
I took a IELTS test in my home country before coming to the UK for work, with a result of C1 level, I checked that the test and the test center is still eligible, I only have the scan of that certificate, is that enough?

• Evidence of MY NAME's immigration status in the UK
I'm really not sure what this means. Current BRP? Application approval letter for current visa?

• Declaration signed by MY NAME to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks
  • Your most recent payslip and bank or building society statement. These must be dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application. The statement must show the payment, as shown on the payslip. You should not provide any additional payslips or statements, unless you are currently on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave.
    If you are currently on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave, you should provide the last payslip and bank or building society statement you received prior to the start of your leave. The statement must show the payment, as shown on the payslip. You must also provide payslips and bank or building society statements during the period of maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave. The last payslip and statement must be dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application.
During the covid19 period I was put on furlough for 2 months, my salary was supposed to be cut by a certain amount then, but there was some calculation problem we got paid more, later we agreed with our HR that they could deduct my pay for the next 3 months to give the extra money back to the company. This makes my pay slip a bit lower than what my annual salary states, do you think I should ask my employer to state this discrepancy in salary in a separate document so UKVI will understand what happens?
  • A document from the sponsor who issued the certificate of sponsorship that led to your last permission to stay as a Tier 2 migrant confirming that you are:
    still required for the employment in question for the foreseeable future, and in the case of Tier 2 (General), Tier 2 (Sports Person) and Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) migrants this document should also contain:
    the nearest applicable SOC code which best describes your employment
    your current rate of pay (this should be given in the same format as given in the codes of practice, for example hourly rate or yearly salary), and
    confirmation that this is at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors. (See note 8 below)
    if you are currently on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave, confirmation of the date this started, your salary immediately before the leave, and what your salary will be on your return.
  • Current Biometric Residence Permit for MY NAME
  • All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK

I know under mandatory documents there are only the policy registry and passport, but I really don't think one can just submit the application without the other documents listed. But please tell me if I'm wrong.

Again thanks for everyone helping people here.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Set(O) documents list.

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:39 pm

My employer is going to provide me a letter stating all the leaves during my employment with them. However I do have one 20 days long holiday before working for this employer and after leaving pevious employer, I travelled while I was waiting for my change of Tier 2 back then. Do I need to provide the travel tickets for this period?
No

I took a IELTS test in my home country before coming to the UK for work, with a result of C1 level, I checked that the test and the test center is still eligible, I only have the scan of that certificate, is that enough?
Yes. I answered this above.
  • Evidence of MY NAME's immigration status in the UK
I'm really not sure what this means. Current BRP? Application approval letter for current visa?
It is the BRP
During the covid19 period I was put on furlough for 2 months, my salary was supposed to be cut by a certain amount then, but there was some calculation problem we got paid more, later we agreed with our HR that they could deduct my pay for the next 3 months to give the extra money back to the company. This makes my pay slip a bit lower than what my annual salary states, do you think I should ask my employer to state this discrepancy in salary in a separate document so UKVI will understand what happens?
As long as your employer confirms your annual salary in the letter, minor issues are not relevant. They can add this to the letter if you wish
I know under mandatory documents there are only the policy registry and passport, but I really don't think one can just submit the application without the other documents listed. But please tell me if I'm wrong.
The lists are often generic. Not all applies to everyone. You must follow and provide evidence as per Tier 2 guide

ovspianist
Newly Registered
China

Reason to opt out IDV?

Post by ovspianist » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:14 pm

Hi guys,

I have been closely watching the timeline for ILR on this forum, I just received an email explaining my eligibility for biometric reuse, but on the timeline I see a lot of people opting out of the IDV app and choosing appointments instead. I checked app store(idiot-phone) and see there are a lot of negative reviews about the app, including unable to login or submit or other failures in the process. I'm wondering if that is the reason why so many peope choose to opt ot or are there other reasons?

Thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Reason to opt out IDV?

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:05 pm

ovspianist wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:14 pm
Hi guys,

I have been closely watching the timeline for ILR on this forum, I just received an email explaining my eligibility for biometric reuse, but on the timeline I see a lot of people opting out of the IDV app and choosing appointments instead. I checked app store(idiot-phone) and see there are a lot of negative reviews about the app, including unable to login or submit or other failures in the process. I'm wondering if that is the reason why so many peope choose to opt ot or are there other reasons?

Thanks!
Ignore what others say. Everyone is whining, it is 2020 after all :roll:

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Reason to opt out IDV?

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:57 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:05 pm
ovspianist wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:14 pm
Hi guys,

Thanks!
Ignore what others say. Everyone is whining, it is 2020 after all :roll:
:lol: