ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:25 pm

South-Gloucester wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:15 pm
Hi,

Appreciate if someone can advise on my situation.

I have to travel overseas frequently, so the 6 month ILR decision time is not an ideal situation.
I've got all the documents ready - just need to pay on UKVI website which currently only allows the normal option i.e., 6 moths decision time.

Similar to few others on this thread, I'm inclined to wait for sometime in the hope super priority opens up again. Trouble is, my Tier 2 Work Permit is valid until 24 July 2020

I have read on the forum that the VACS appointment date is considered submission date and not the UKVI SETO form submission date. However, the GOV website states that if you're not able to find a VACS appointment due to the pandemic, this will not be held against you. And this has me now confused.

My Question - how long can I wait before I need to submit my SETO form on UKVI website?

Thanks in advance.
The date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT the ukcvas biometric appointment date.

You must apply online before your visa expires, otherwise you will be an overstayer and have no right to work etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

South-Gloucester
Newly Registered
India

Post by South-Gloucester » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:25 pm
South-Gloucester wrote:
Hi,

I have to travel overseas frequently, so the 6 month ILR decision time is not an ideal situation.
I've got all the documents ready - just need to pay on UKVI website which currently only allows the normal option i.e., 6 moths decision time.

Similar to few others on this thread, I'm inclined to wait for sometime in the hope super priority opens up again. Trouble is, my Tier 2 Work Permit is valid until 24 July 2020

I have read on the forum that the VACS appointment date is considered submission date and not the UKVI SETO form submission date. However, the GOV website states that if you're not able to find a VACS appointment due to the pandemic, this will not be held against you. And this has me now confused.

My Question - how long can I wait before I need to submit my SETO form on UKVI website?

Thanks in advance.
The date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT the ukcvas biometric appointment date.

You must apply online before your visa expires, otherwise you will be an overstayer and have no right to work etc.
Thanks for the prompt response!
As my Tier 2 work permit is valid till 24 July 2020, if I were to submit and pay online on UKVi website say a week prior, say 17 July 2020, that should still be acceptable?

I've read online "The general rule of thumb is that one can usually apply for ILR within the 28 day period preceding the point that one’s visa expires" - I guess I can ignore this contradictory information then.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:55 pm

South-Gloucester wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:47 pm
CR001 wrote:
South-Gloucester wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the prompt response!
As my Tier 2 work permit is valid till 24 July 2020, if I were to submit and pay online on UKVi website say a week prior, say 17 July 2020, that should still be acceptable?

I've read online "The general rule of thumb is that one can usually apply for ILR within the 28 day period preceding the point that one’s visa expires" - I guess I can ignore this contradictory information then.
1. Yes.

2. You can apply no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the initial visa issue date OR before your visa expires. The 28 day concession is just that, use it if you wish it not buy apply before visa expiry date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pinku09
Newly Registered
India

Post by pinku09 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:38 am

CR001 wrote:
South-Gloucester wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

I applied for to switch from Tier 2 ICT to Spouse visa after my tier 2 ICT expired (over a month later). This is due to COVID situation. However i had my leave extended by COVID Immigration team to May 31st before i applied for Switch. I'm still waiting to provide biometrics, Will this still be an issue when the application is processed ?

Xiongmao
Newly Registered
China

Post by Xiongmao » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:57 am

Today I just called home office helpline and asked them whether they know when the priority service will resume.
They said hopefully sometime next week they can resume the priority service as they are working on backlog at the moment.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:10 pm

Xiongmao wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:57 am
Today I just called home office helpline and asked them whether they know when the priority service will resume.
They said hopefully sometime next week they can resume the priority service as they are working on backlog at the moment.
I want to be hopeful about this but I’m aware the phone operators sometimes talk out of their arses! Time will tell

EPW
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by EPW » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:12 pm

Xiongmao wrote:
That is quite frustrating as I have to apply tomorrow at the latest and then those lucky people with later expiry dates will be able to book priority and jump straight ahead of my application 😭

Barry465
Australia

Post by Barry465 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:55 pm

Xiongmao wrote:
Interesting insight, good to know and thanks for sharing - I will not be taking this as absolute gospel at the moment, but I am confident things will start to clear up within the next few weeks. As others have said, the priority service is too much of a money maker for them to leave it dormant.

Barry465
Australia

Post by Barry465 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:05 pm

EPW wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:12 pm
Xiongmao wrote:
That is quite frustrating as I have to apply tomorrow at the latest and then those lucky people with later expiry dates will be able to book priority and jump straight ahead of my application 😭
Why is it you need to book specifically tomorrow at the latest?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:08 pm

Barry465 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:05 pm
EPW wrote:
Xiongmao wrote:
Why is it you need to book specifically tomorrow at the latest?
The user did stay APPLY not BOOK. Their visa expires on the 5th June.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

YM1900

Post by YM1900 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:09 pm

Dear Experts,

Should it be possible in principle to send another application varying original application (normal service) where the only change is super priority service selected? Basically you send another application which is exactly the same as the previous provide reference and pay for super priority service this time. Is it going to work or HO doesn't allow such "workarounds"?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:26 pm

YM1900 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:09 pm
Dear Experts,

Should it be possible in principle to send another application varying original application (normal service) where the only change is super priority service selected? Basically you send another application which is exactly the same as the previous provide reference and pay for super priority service this time. Is it going to work or HO doesn't allow such "workarounds"?
NO. That is not variation of leave
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:30 pm

Xiongmao wrote:
But there is no backlog :x Didn't you know ?!
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Barry465
Australia

Post by Barry465 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:19 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:30 pm
Xiongmao wrote:
But there is no backlog :x Didn't you know ?!
There probably is a backlog, but I think most people on here were saying it would not take 'months to clear out', which a few people have suggested.

buntyc
India

Post by buntyc » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:07 pm

Hi,

I have paid for Bio metric appointment. I got a mail from WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk to send them requested documents.

I have done so. Any one who has got the mail from WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk and have got any update on the next step please let me know. What is the home office planning? THey do have my bio metric from one and a half year back. Can they use that?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:09 pm

buntyc wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:07 pm
Hi,

I have paid for Bio metric appointment. I got a mail from WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk to send them requested documents.

I have done so. Any one who has got the mail from WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk and have got any update on the next step please let me know. What is the home office planning? THey do have my bio metric from one and a half year back. Can they use that?
You still have to enroll biometrics. They are merely asking for documents to start their checks. No decision will be made until you have done your biometrics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Whizart

Post by Whizart » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:11 pm

EPW wrote:
Xiongmao wrote:
I feel your pain. My visa expired on 31st May and I had no choice but to apply with Standard service even though I really wanted to apply for Super-Priority at the first place (For obvious reasons). For people like us, the HO should really come up with some plan and maybe offer us an invitation link via email to opt in for Super Priority service at a later stage when the backlog number is lowering. It won't be fair on us to not get a chance to book super priority service and when the service resume again maybe in a few weeks time then those lucky ones who can wait now will be put ahead of us due to availability. We can only wait and hope for the best!

EPW
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by EPW » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:06 am

Whizart wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:11 pm
EPW wrote:
Xiongmao wrote:
I feel your pain. My visa expired on 31st May and I had no choice but to apply with Standard service even though I really wanted to apply for Super-Priority at the first place (For obvious reasons). For people like us, the HO should really come up with some plan and maybe offer us an invitation link via email to opt in for Super Priority service at a later stage when the backlog number is lowering. It won't be fair on us to not get a chance to book super priority service and when the service resume again maybe in a few weeks time then those lucky ones who can wait now will be put ahead of us due to availability. We can only wait and hope for the best!
Exactly that. Hope for the best I guess! I understand the predicament the HO is in, but they need to work on a system that is fair for all especially during this time where countless people have had appointments cancelled, haven’t been able to make appointments etc. Good luck to you!

Waves123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Waves123 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:39 pm

Hi Guys we also got similar emails around 19th May 2020 from W&S team. We responded with all the required documents in a weeks time as a set of 4 emails ( because of documents size ) with a covering letter but even after 10 days or so have not received any acknowledgement of the same, even after sending reminders. Please let me know if any of you facing similar situation and what alternative means we have to get an update.

spikky

Post by spikky » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:34 pm

I sent my docs to W & S team and asked for acknowledgment, got none but the same weak I checked in my spam folder and there was the same email from them (the original one asking for docs, likely a mass mail if it landed in my spam folder).

I replied saying I sent my docs already on so and so date, and two days later I got an acknowledgement (again in my spam folder!) that they've received my documents and if they have any questions they'll get back to me.

I'm somewhat at peace with that confirmation. I've uploaded the same set of docs to UKVCAS website and my biometric appointment is on the 18th.

Hopefully, they won't take ages to make a decision as I'd imagine the team was set up as a contingency.

Spikky

Whizart

Post by Whizart » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:25 pm

EPW wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:06 am
Whizart wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:11 pm
EPW wrote:
Xiongmao wrote:
Exactly that. Hope for the best I guess! I understand the predicament the HO is in, but they need to work on a system that is fair for all especially during this time where countless people have had appointments cancelled, haven’t been able to make appointments etc. Good luck to you!
True That! A system that is fair for all is what we ask . Good luck with your application aswell mate!
Will keep you guys updated with my application.

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:06 pm

Any update re ILR biometrics appointment for those who haven't booked it yet.

We applied online and got an email saying our ILR application will be delayed beyond usual time of 6 months and no instructions re document upload or biometrics

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:15 pm

The slots are not still open to applicants who applied after the closure of centres. So you must remain patient. They are prioritising people who booked their appointments before lockdown but could not attend due to closures

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:51 am

It’s really worrying and depressing that the processing can take more than 6 months now :(

MrBarry465
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by MrBarry465 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:15 am

underfire222 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:51 am
It’s really worrying and depressing that the processing can take more than 6 months now :(
It's utterly ridiculous to be honest, it's been setup this way in order to force people to pay for the "priority" service and ensure they get an additional chunk of money per application. I don't know anywhere else in the world which gives people a '6 month window' in order to process a visa. Oh but it you pay a couple of hundred pounds more, they can turn it around in 24 hours.... It's pure exploitation.