ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

YMV - Deadline

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Han20
Newly Registered
Korea South

YMV - Deadline

Post by Han20 » Wed May 27, 2020 4:03 pm

I was fortunate enought to get a YMV and was due to land in London in time to get a BRP before the deadline in May 2020. However with covid I am unable to travel to London from Seoul.

So I have missed that deadline and now do not know what is to happen to my visa. I can but hope that they will allow future travel and still grant the BRP and my wish is that the 2 year visa starts from then. Has there been any update regarding YMV? I note on the gov site references to sick leave but not mention of YMV.

I have contacted UKVI, CIH and VFX and no one is responding anything relevant to my enquiry.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: YMV - Deadline

Post by sah10406 » Thu May 28, 2020 8:36 am

Han20 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:03 pm
Has there been any update regarding YMV? I note on the gov site references to sick leave but not mention of YMV.
I'm not sure where you are looking but detailed guidance was published on 24 March:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents > If you're outside the UK > If your 30 day visa to work, study or join family has expired
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Han20
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by Han20 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:43 pm

Thank you for replying. I have viewed that page previously and do not see any clear instruction regarding YMV.

As mentioned I have contacted CIH, VFS Global and UKVI and aside from templated responses that are irrelevant there is no information forthcoming.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:22 pm

Han20 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:43 pm
I have viewed that page previously and do not see any clear instruction regarding YMV.
The Home Office's guidance applies to all types of visa application, except where there are some specific issues for some types of visa which are mentioned by name. There are no unique issues for someone with a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa, hence it is not specifically mentioned.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.