ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What to do after submitting the application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cristiano007
Newly Registered
Morocco

Citizenship 1 year after ILR

Post by cristiano007 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:54 pm

Hello guys, I hope you are all well!

I'm shortly going to apply to British citizenship and I have a few questions. Here are some details first:
- Non EEA passport, Morocco
- First arrival to the UK: 31/08/2014 on visa tier 2 general
- ILR issued 18/07/2019

Questions:
1- Among the conditions on the website, they say you must have been in the UK on the 1st day of the 5 year qualifying period. Which period is it exactly? Is that the 5y qualifying period that was used in my ILR application?

2- To my understanding, I can apply 12 months after I got my ILR, so that would be 18/07/2020 ?

3- Do I need to send my current Moroccan passport with the naturalisation application? because I have holidays planned abroad around the date of application

4- Among the required documents, there is proof of living in the UK for the last 5 years. Are payslips valid as a proof?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
Best,
C

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship 1 year after ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:56 pm

1- Among the conditions on the website, they say you must have been in the UK on the 1st day of the 5 year qualifying period. Which period is it exactly? Is that the 5y qualifying period that was used in my ILR application?
It is the 5 years immediately preceding the date of citizenship application.
2- To my understanding, I can apply 12 months after I got my ILR, so that would be 18/07/2020 ?
Correct.
3- Do I need to send my current non EEA passport with the naturalisation application? because I have holidays planned abroad around the date of application
Everything is uploaded to UKCVAS, exactly the same process as you did for ILR.
4- Among the required documents, there is proof of living in the UK for the last 5 years. Are payslips valid as a proof?
You only need your passports. Nothing else.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cristiano007
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by cristiano007 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:56 pm
3- Do I need to send my current non EEA passport with the naturalisation application? because I have holidays planned abroad around the date of application
Thanks for the quick reponse! so you mean I only need to upload a photo of the passport to the system?
meaning that since i'll be abroad during 11/07/2020 - 25/07/2020, I can submit the application from there on 18/07/2020?

CR001 wrote:
Ok perfect. Out of curiosity, how does the passport prove I was in the UK in the last 5 years? is it the history of IN and OUT stamps?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:33 pm

Thanks for the quick reponse! so you mean I only need to upload a photo of the passport to the system?
meaning that since i'll be abroad during 11/07/2020 - 25/07/2020, I can submit the application from there on 18/07/2020?[/quote]
You need to apply when you are IN the UK as you are required to enter all your travel, which you won't be able to do if you are not in the UK. Apply when you are back in the UK and can complete the absence truthfully.
CR001 wrote:
Ok perfect. Out of curiosity, how does the passport prove I was in the UK in the last 5 years? is it the history of IN and OUT stamps?
It has all the stamps in from your travels.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cristiano007
Newly Registered
Morocco

What to do after submitting the application

Post by cristiano007 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:10 am

Hi all,

I have just submitted my application for the British Citizenship, following a tier 2 visa general + ILR route.
I have also uploaded the required documents online and made the payment.
I am wondering what are the next steps? There are no available appointments from what I see on the website. My biometrics were taken a year ago when I had applied for the ILR.

Is there any action I should take ? or I just wait to hear anything from the Immigration services?

Thanks a lot!
J

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What to do after submitting the application

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:14 pm

or I just wait to hear anything from the Immigration services?
You just wait.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cristiano007
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by cristiano007 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:48 pm

Hello,

I just wanted to know what the next steps are after the naturalisation application has been successful?

is it:

1. Wait for ceremony letter
2. Attend ceremony
3. Apply for passport

I read that to apply for the passport you need to have a naturalisation certificate. Is it this certificate given during the ceremony?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:51 pm

Yes to all above.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.