ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification about referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nbhatt

Current passport expiring 0n 16th July 2020 , application to naturalisation is due

Post by nbhatt » Mon May 04, 2020 10:07 am

Hi All,
Can you please advice on the following:

My current Passport is due to expire on 17th July 2020 and currently I'm on ILR. I can apply for British Citizenship through naturalisation in June 2020. Now do I have to renew my current passport which will take a while or can I apply directly for BCitizenship? Also I got my ILR on 16 June 2019 so can I apply in May 2020?

Lastly about 2 referees - lets say if at the time of processing the application if referees are not available meaning if they are out of country will HO make decision without them or will HO ask for new referee details?

I would appreciate if you can respond to my queries.
Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Current passport expiring 0n 16th July 2020 , application to naturalisation is due

Post by CR001 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:10 am

Fine to apply with your passport. No need to renew.

Ho very rarely contact referees.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nbhatt

Re: Current passport expiring 0n 16th July 2020 , application to naturalisation is due

Post by nbhatt » Mon May 04, 2020 10:55 am

Thank you So Much:)

nbhatt

Re:when can I apply for British Citizenship

Post by nbhatt » Thu May 28, 2020 7:53 pm

Hi I'm aware that only after 12 months of settlement visa we can apply for British Citizenship, however is it possible if I can submit my application online after 11 months? is there a grace period of 28 days ? after we submit an online application getting UKVCAS appointment is also a long wait. which date they count as a final submission date online submission or when the fingerprints are submitted just in short can this application be made 28 days in advance?please guide.

regards,

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu May 28, 2020 8:03 pm

For naturalisation there is no grace period (it's not an immigration application like ILR) - you must complete the full 12 months post-ILR.
However, you could start filling in the application ahead of the first possible application date - you input and save until you are ready to submit/pay (which is the application date).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Thu May 28, 2020 8:40 pm

thanks

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Sat May 30, 2020 6:33 pm

Hi All,
Re - Professional referee. bit confused should he be a British passport holder as well as a professional or professional referee can be of any nationality? please confirm.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Clarification about referees

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2020 6:34 pm

Topics merged!!

The professional referee can be of any nationality.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Sat May 30, 2020 7:16 pm

Thank you.

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:23 pm

Hi All,

How does the referee know the applicant?

Both Referee's are my friends 1st ref- is a Director of a LTD company & 2nd referee is a Surveyor , now can I write that the referee has known the applicant for more than 3 years as a friend? or do I need to write how and when we met etc? or do we need to know referee professionally meaning should have worked with him?

Please confirm

THanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 6:34 pm
Topics merged!!
Again!! Is there anything that is unclear about keeping all your questions in one topic?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:27 pm

nbhatt wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:23 pm
Hi All,

Both Referee's are my friends 1st ref- is a Director of a LTD company & 2nd referee is a Surveyor , now can I write that the referee has known the applicant for more than 3 years as a friend? or do I need to write how and when we met etc? or do we need to know referee professionally meaning should have worked with him?

Please confirm

THanks
You are overthinking this whole process. HO don't want the life story of the friendship etc. There is NO requirement that you MUST have worked with the professional referee. They simply need to be a professional on the HO list.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:04 pm

I don't think I'm overthinking this process, this is very much a question asked on the application form and we need to write something we cant leave it blank can we? So again How does the Referee know the applicant can someone advise to the point what should be the exact wording to answer this question and not give their personal opinion please.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:06 pm

You simply need to state as appropriate but not give a history of the relationship. You only need to state 'friend' or 'colleague' etc. and how long they have known you, ie '3 years' or '5 years'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:01 pm

ok thanks this makes sense now.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:36 pm

Anyway question says

Not

How long does the referee know the applicant?

nbhatt

Re: Bookings not available for Citizenship applications

Post by nbhatt » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:54 am

Hi All,

I tried to book an appointment for British Citizenship application and on website there are no appointments available until July 22 at any service point. Now the issue is I have submitted the application paid the fees as per the required procedure , uploaded documents but Biometric appointments are not available until 22 July. Now my current passport is expiring on 16th July and not sure when will I get next available appointment. In this case will HO reject my application as my passport wont be valid at the time of appointment? Is there a legal requirement for passport to be valid under British Citizenship application? Due to lockdown Passport renewal appointments are also not available for another 6 months. Please advise.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:01 pm

Your date of application is the day you submit/pay online and if your passport is valid on that date you are fine. Passport expiring during the process is not an issue. The biometrics appointment is irrelevant in this context.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:53 pm

Thank You

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:46 pm

nbhatt wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:53 pm
Thank You
Can you please confirm if you are able to view appointment slots? You said you can see availability from 22nd July? As of my knowledge, only applicants who submitted applications before the lockdown have access to the booking system.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:44 am

Hi no I'm unable to book any appointments, all the bookings are greyed out until 30th July at all service points, none of the appointments are available. If I dont submit my biometrics by 1st week of Aug then it states my application will be rejected. Applicants who have submitted in June are you able to book any appointments? What is the solution to this any idea? Even the contact support number keeps ringing nobody answers that number, so much of stress...

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:52 am

No one is going to be penalised or lose their money due to delayed biometrics.

UKCVAS is opening up appointments to applicants in the date order that they have applied online. This is for ALL types of applicants, visas/ILR/Citizenship.

This has very clearly been updated on the UKCVAS website.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Char (CR001 not Casa)

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:48 pm

Hi All,

I've just checked UKVCAS website and it states that applicants who've submitted their application in June 2020 will receive email notification to book an appointment before 23rd July 2020 , however I haven't received any email notification from UKVCAS till date. Also regarding accelerated process , is it only applicants infected by COVID-19 wont receive any booking appointment and their fingerprints will be reused or UKVI will choose applicants based on their merits? Are there any applicants who submitted their app in June and have received email notification?

Please clarify.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:54 pm

UKVI will choose applicants based on their merits?
Only those who qualify based on HO can reuse biomterics. It has nothing to do with being positive for COVID.

There is also an existing topic about biomterics appointments and updates!!

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1915498
Char (CR001 not Casa)

nbhatt

Re: current passport has expired- meed to know the process

Post by nbhatt » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:59 pm

Hi Team,

I did mention this in one of my earlier post regarding my current passport expiry. My current passport was valid until 16th July 2020 and I'd made an application for British Citizenship on 16th June 2020 (after 12 months of getting ILR).
Lets suppose if my application is successful what should I do next - after I get my British Citizenship Certificate , do I need to apply for British Passport or will they object cause my current passport has already expired? or Should I renew my current passport first?

I've also received an email regarding reuse of my Fingerprints and IDV where it states contact UKVI if you don't have travel document or passport, do I need to contact UKVI & inform them separately bit confused.

Please clarify.
Thanks