ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Absence reason

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tihor
Newly Registered
India

ILR Absence reason

Post by tihor » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:56 pm

Dear sir,

I am applying for ILR next month for which I am collecting all the details regarding my absence.

In July 2015, I got my Visa stamped on my passport with one month validity and was asked to collect BRP from UK within a month.
My employment with the UK company was about to start in September.
But because of the visa and BRP collection within a month, I was forced to travel to UK to collect my BRP.
After collecting it I went back and served notice period in the company in which I was working in my country and travelled back in September to start my employment.

Could you please advise me what to fill in for, reason for absence, during the period between, after collecting my BRP in the UK and returning to my country on 10th August and then coming back to the UK on September 10th to start my employment?
Total 30 days of my absence without actually being in employment with the UK company as I had to serve my notice period.

Will there be any impact on my ILR application because of this?

Please help.

Kind regards
Tihor

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Absence reason

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:55 pm

No reason needed. It has no impact
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tihor
Newly Registered
India

Post by tihor » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:04 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. Much appreciated.

Could you please advise me about the eligibility for submitting the application?
Should I consider 28 days from the day my visa was stamped/ granted. OR
Should I calculate from the day I entered the UK.?

Please advise.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:29 pm

tihor wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:04 pm
Thank you so much for your reply. Much appreciated.

Could you please advise me about the eligibility for submitting the application?
Should I consider 28 days from the day my visa was stamped/ granted. OR
Should I calculate from the day I entered the UK.?

Please advise.
Visa issue date
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice