ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Declaration questions for Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

throwawaynicoport
Newly Registered
Australia

Declaration questions for Spouse visa

Post by throwawaynicoport » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:05 pm

I'm a British citizen and my wife is extending her spouse visa. On the declaration page there are two questions which we are not sure how to answer

Both my wife and I are employed. She's been employed for the past two months. Mortgage & council tax bills have both our names which we will be submitting as supporting documents. All bills are debited my bank account.

1. Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?(Required)

Does 'other people' refer to someone other than myself and my wife ? The bills we'll be submitting as par to the application only has our two names on it. This seems a straightforward Yes to me.

2. Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

Does 'another person' again refer to me ? If yes, I have been fully paying bills and mortgage - does this account as financially supporting my wife ? She doesn't receive financial support from anybody else.

geoeng
Canada

Re: Declaration questions for Spouse visa

Post by geoeng » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:21 pm

throwawaynicoport wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:05 pm
1. Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?(Required)

Does 'other people' refer to someone other than myself and my wife ? The bills we'll be submitting as par to the application only has our two names on it. This seems a straightforward Yes to me.

2. Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

Does 'another person' again refer to me ? If yes, I have been fully paying bills and mortgage - does this account as financially supporting my wife ? She doesn't receive financial support from anybody else.
1. The "you" typically refers only to the applicant I believe. So the answer would be "yes" if there are any joint accounts being used.

2. The important bit in this question is specifically a person (third party) that is to provide financial support, which generally isn't allowed for this type of visa anyway so I think in most cases the answer should be "no". Similarly, when it comes to completing the various consent forms you will have to download after filling out the application, the Part 1 form should be completed by the applicant, a Part 2 form should be completed for anybody names on joint accounts (spouse, etc.), and the Part 3 form would generally not be required as it relates again to third parties sponsors.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.