ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport surrender

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cooloz
Newly Registered
India

Indian passport surrender

Post by cooloz » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:11 am

Hi,

I am in the process of applying for a British passport for my kid, recently we received the certificate for his citizenship.

His current nationality is India which doesn't allow dual citizenship. Therefore what is the way ahead in terms of surrendering the current Indian passport and getting the British one? whether I have to liaise with the Indian embassy separately for Indian passport surrender or British Passport issuance will take care of this aspect? Do I need to send the Indian passport as well with other documents physically or upload soft copies in some portal?

Please can you advise of the process?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Indian passport surrender

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:29 am

Why on earth would HMPO deal with your Indian passport surrendering process?? It has NOTHING to do with HMPO or Home Office.

Have you searched this sub forum?? There are 100s of topics on the process you have to do yourself to surrender the Indian passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xebec
Australia

Re: Indian passport surrender

Post by xebec » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:41 am