ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension with Cash Savings

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vsab101
Mood:

Spouse Visa Extension with Cash Savings

Post by vsab101 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:31 am

Hi, my partners visa is up for a renewal soon, I wonder if you guys can help me.

Background - we used cash savings option first time around and she was approved fairly quickly. Majority of the cash savings was a gift from her parents. Detailed documents of the source of where the money came from were enclosed. For the extension we want to use part cash and part income. Due to the current situations she may loose her job anytime and we don't want to jeopardise the visa process. For the extension - Cash savings would be around £38,000 and she earns about £12,500/anum. So that should be enough.

My question is do we need to show them the source of gift again? Or can I use the documents from the previous visa application?
Biometrics Ahmedabad : 06/01/17 Standard
Documents sent: 06/01 | Received - Sheffield: 09/01
Case Not Straight Forward Email: 31/03
Contacted MP: 19/06
31st October Email: 25/09
Unable to provide Timescale Email: 09/10

geoeng
Canada

Re: Spouse Visa Extension with Cash Savings

Post by geoeng » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:31 pm

vsab101 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:31 am
For the extension - Cash savings would be around £38,000 and she earns about £12,500/anum. So that should be enough.
(£38,000 - £16,000) / 2.5 = $8,800
£8,800 + £12,500 = £21,300
The amount of cash savings that can be applied annually plus the annual income would exceed the financial requirement (assuming no children that also need to be sponsored), so you're right that it would be enough. The calculation is detailed in Section 7 of the guidance document linked below.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
vsab101 wrote:
Due to the current situations she may loose her job anytime and we don't want to jeopardise the visa process.
Keep in mind that she would need to be employed in a job earning a sufficient salary at the date of application in order to use that income towards the financial requirement.
vsab101 wrote:
My question is do we need to show them the source of gift again? Or can I use the documents from the previous visa application?
Yes, the same specified evidence requirement would apply as before. Again, detailed in the guidance document provided.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.