ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS booking appointment asking for payment where is free appointments gone

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hussain1988
Bangladesh

FLR FP renewal UK lockdown

Post by hussain1988 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:21 pm

Hi guys

my wife is due for her visa extention on her 10 year route applying for her 3rd extention in July.

I want to know cause of the lockdown are solicitors open and can we delay the application cause of the lockdown I don't want to delay she will need to take pictures for her brp card.

Can someone let me know please.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR FP renewal UK lockdown

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:23 pm

You apply normally online before the visa expires. You then have to wait to see when the UKCVAS BIometric centres reopen to book the appointment.

You should NOT delay and apply after the visa expiry, she will be an overstayer.

Impossible for anyone on the forum to know is ANY solicitors in the whole of the UK are open!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

FLR FP guidance help!

Post by hussain1988 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:53 pm

I want to know I am about to apply for my wife's 3rd extension under 10 year partner route.

There is a part where it asks to provide evidence of my employment contract, last time I applied I did not give my contract just payslips I am still working in the same place for the past 9 years I did provide the contract when I first applied for flr fp.

The company which my contract is under lost there contract so I was tuped over to a different company while my contract stays the same.

When do you scan the documents I'm confused I did a rough mock application as it's my first time doing it online just to see what questions they ask etc... It doesn't ask for me to scan the documents at anytime during the application process then it goes to payment page is it after payment page which where I can upload the documents.

I click no on where it says if I can meet the £18,600 requirement as my wife is under 10 year route and click no on if she had done the English language test.

Where it says how long has my children been living in UK do I write snice date of birth or from birth.

Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country?
Yes

Then it says explain fully what do I put
For example do I write because my children are born in the UK and establishing a life in Bangladesh will be hard.

Provide details of the role you take in Daughter/ son upbringing, including details of your
parental responsibility or access arrangements what do I put, I put Making sure she gets a good education going to
school, her welfare, taking care of her as a mother. What do i put for my 1 year old son.

The question asked are very simple home office have made the application process so simple.

Any guidance will help guys first time doing this online.

bathanza

Re: FLR FP guidance help!

Post by bathanza » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:01 pm

When you answer the questions, towards the end an entire checklist will be supplied as to what documents are required

The form is confusing for 10 year route as they do ask for English test and finance when it's not required

They will look at if you meet rules for FLR M, if not 10 year is considered

It does look simple and odd but do your best to answer questions. You need to get a letter from your employer to confirm your employment, not a contract

The guidance will give clear information as to what you need in the letter

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income

The employer’s letter should confirm:

you or your partner are employed there
the job title or position you or your partner hold
how long you or your partner have worked there
the type of contract (for example, permanent, fixed term)
what you or your partner earn before tax and National Insurance
how long you or your partner have been paid your current salary
the payslips are genuine

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:54 pm

bathanza wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:01 pm
When you answer the questions, towards the end an entire checklist will be supplied as to what documents are required

The form is confusing for 10 year route as they do ask for English test and finance when it's not required

They will look at if you meet rules for FLR M, if not 10 year is considered

It does look simple and odd but do your best to answer questions. You need to get a letter from your employer to confirm your employment, not a contract

The guidance will give clear information as to what you need in the letter

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income

The employer’s letter should confirm:

you or your partner are employed there
the job title or position you or your partner hold
how long you or your partner have worked there
the type of contract (for example, permanent, fixed term)
what you or your partner earn before tax and National Insurance
how long you or your partner have been paid your current salary
the payslips are genuine

Thanks for your reply.

I did not provide any letter of employment on 2nd extention last time just a letter that I was tuped over which they gave when the new company took over im just working the same job same contract same place I gave on the first application I made for FLR FP which I believe I do not need to give letter of employment just payslips will do.

My rate of pay is
minimum wage and getting London weighting.

If they need more information after I made the application I can get if they need letter from my employer which I think they don't as I'm working same place which payslips will show evidence of it.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:15 pm

Why can't you just ask for the letter to cover the ground?

08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:34 pm

bathanza wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:15 pm
Why can't you just ask for the letter to cover the ground?
I can ask no harm I’m just saying I did not provide that in the 2nd extension.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:04 pm

One thing to remember, the home office refuse applications for silly reasons

Do not risk this by ignoring what they want as evidence or expect they will be kind and ask for a letter- it does not work that way.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Uploading documents for evidence

Post by hussain1988 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:33 am

Hi guys

I have uploaded documents for my wife's visa.

Do I upload hospital letters and discharge letter on medical information or I just upload them in the other section which I thing is correct medical information is if anyone has any illness disability etc...

The consent forms i have uploaded PART 1: Consent for the Home Office to verify application information and PART 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information in other section is that correct.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Uploading documents for evidence

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:04 pm

hussain1988 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:33 am
Hi guys

I have uploaded documents for my wife's visa.

Do I upload hospital letters and discharge letter on medical information or I just upload them in the other section which I thing is correct medical information is if anyone has any illness disability etc...
Almost all application forms pacifically ask about disability where such evidences can be uploaded (only if are being asked). Also these can be acted as cohabitation evidences.
hussain1988 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:33 am
The consent forms i have uploaded PART 1: Consent for the Home Office to verify application information and PART 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information in other section is that correct.
Usually first part 1 is for applicant and 2nd for sponsor whilst the 3rd is usually irrelevant.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:51 pm

Is this correct

Who is their other parent? I have sole responsibility for this child

I put or should it been my name.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:08 pm

hussain1988 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:51 pm
Is this correct

Who is their other parent? I have sole responsibility for this child

I put or should it been my name.
I don't think Little mistakes like that will matter cause I have answed all the question correctly and have given supporting evidence documents that children live with along with relevant documents they have asked for.

I was surprised that when I did second visa extention there where slight mistakes and have given my wife the visa and I don't think her 3rd extention will have problems next time I just put my name in.

Home Office know if solicitor doing the application no mistakes and if doing yourself might have little o mistake or none.

My work place still have not changed my address to my current address still has my previous address which is my parents I have asked then several times to change my address on 2nd visa extension it had my previous address on it on my work place letters still gave my wife visa there is no reason to worry.

I'm just looking to book biometrics no available appointments as it for people whos appointments where cancelled during lock down.

I can see they are opening new centres and another new in Croydon just says Croydon 2 opening 6th of July.

Hopefully we can get appointment booked when new centres open and others back open.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

UKVCAS booking appointment asking for payment where is free appointments gone

Post by hussain1988 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:09 pm

Hi guys

I made application for extention for my wife on 29th June submitted

On UKVAS website its saying Now open to customers who applied before 30 June 2020

We are now opening up the booking system to UKVCAS registered customers whose application we received between 1 June and 30 June 2020. We are continuing to work from the earliest to the most recent registrations as we think this is the fairest and best approach to take.

If you are one of these customers, you will receive an email from us before 23 July 2020 asking you to book an appointment. The email will have full instructions about the next steps.

Some customers within this date range will not be invited to book an appointment. See the impact of the new UKVI policy changes below.

My wife hasn't received any emails but when I log in to see available appointments there are available appointments we can book.

Why is it asking for us to pay its say this time is chargeable I'm selecting core service if I wait will there be free.

It's says Core Service Points - offer a combination of free of charge and chargeable appointments.

I already paid for biometrics with the application don't want to pay for booking appointment it was better before when we use to able to do it at post office hasel free.

Is anyone else in my position. I know there is a backlog cause of covid come on charging us to book appointment already paid for biometrics.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKVCAS booking appointment asking for payment where is free appointments gone

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:15 pm

If no free appointments are available, then you only have the option to pay for one. The free appointments usually get booked up quite quickly and UKCVAS is likely limiting the amount of all appointments to maintain social distancing etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Re: UKVCAS booking appointment asking for payment where is free appointments gone

Post by hussain1988 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:03 pm

I will wait until free ones come

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:48 pm

Stratford is near to me I will wait for that I'm thinking they started charging to book appointments like you said to maintain social distancing and limit the number don't know if they are doing free or charge bookings tho looks like not hope I see core service centres running.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:19 pm

Wait for the email and check your junk folder too.

Since biometrics have been taken before they may not need to ask you to come for finger prints.

All will be well.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:02 pm

I want to know the supporting documents I scanned for the application UKVCAS said to take the documents I scanned with me when my wife goes for biometrics does the documents have to be in color cause I uploaded the documents in grayscale black and white like they said.

Most of our bills and banks statements are online etc...

Only some of the bills and documents I get are though post will be in color.

Is it OK if I print in black and white.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:27 pm

hussain1988 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:02 pm
I want to know the supporting documents I scanned for the application UKVCAS said to take the documents I scanned with me when my wife goes for biometrics does the documents have to be in color cause I uploaded the documents in grayscale black and white like they said. Don't think the color matters, importance is attached to it being legible.

Most of our bills and banks statements are online etc...Download them

Only some of the bills and documents I get are though post will be in color.

Is it OK if I print in black and white. It is OK

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:22 pm

Another question I got I just remembered I put on application her passport is valid at the time of application submitted and payed I thought we going to get biometrics apointment booking in July as now we booked for the free appointment in September that was available in Croydon.

Her passport is due to expire in August would this be any problem as it's her third extension.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:02 pm

hussain1988 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:22 pm
Another question I got I just remembered I put on application her passport is valid at the time of application submitted and payed I thought we going to get biometrics apointment booking in July as now we booked for the free appointment in September that was available in Croydon.

Her passport is due to expire in August would this be any problem as it's her third extension.
Better to either renew your passport before the appointment or book the appointment before it gets expired.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:28 pm

Cause of the virus all passport renewal is delayed which ever country it maybe her passport is a Bangladeshi one.

I won't get it in time most likely home office will understand the situation.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:18 pm

hussain1988 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:28 pm
Cause of the virus all passport renewal is delayed which ever country it maybe her passport is a Bangladeshi one.

I won't get it in time most likely home office will understand the situation.
In that case you might show them your passport application receipt or any communication exchanges with the passport consulate/embassy.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Post by hussain1988 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:03 pm

My wife should be fine cause at the time when I payed and submitted the application like I said before her passport was valid.

Home office will understand the situation

My passport is not valid on the application I put not valid.

Little things like that don't matter alot in my opinion due to the virus cause most embassy's are processing the applications people made when the virus started and will be delayed.

It's out of our control not our fault.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:31 pm

hussain1988 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:03 pm
My wife should be fine cause at the time when I payed and submitted the application like I said before her passport was valid.

Home office will understand the situation

My passport is not valid on the application I put not valid.

Little things like that don't matter alot in my opinion due to the virus cause most embassy's are processing the applications people made when the virus started and will be delayed.

It's out of our control not our fault.
UKVCAS might obdurately keep insisting on valid passport for enabling your biometrics attendance.