ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion on CSI and Settled Status. Big issues for people on the EEA-Applications Routes

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Learning18

Re: General discussion on CSI and Settled Status. Big issues for people on the EEA-Applications Routes

Post by Learning18 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:44 pm

Frou01 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:17 pm
Learning18 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:13 pm
Frou01 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:58 pm
Once more regarding “misleading information”.

I would say make a screenshot about the time and number you called.
It’s their number and their employees. I called the Home Office about information and not a third party.
If they cannot answer general questions or train their stuff isn’t my concern.
They say themselves they record calls.
There have been occasions I used recorded calls in my favour. For example my bank and my council said in different matters no to a request and then I gave the information of the call and someone was listening to it and confirmed to me yes, we did say that.

They also say they before someone answers the form they don’t discuss cases. I asked a general question and made sure to ask the question twice and got twice the same answer, just to make sure.

Thank you very much, I just took a screenshot of the time and number I called for evidence, so they can listen back if it comes to them denying what they have said. I made sure I repeated the question a few times and explained to them, and he repeatedly gave me the same answer Haha.

Hopefully, I come back soon with lovely news and thank you again about your answer in regards to you explaining your cover letter :D
Brilliant!

And as you spoke to a “he” and I spoke to a “she” means we spoke to different people giving us the same information.

Hahaha.. yes correct 😁

Phenmeson
Newly Registered

Re: General discussion on CSI and Settled Status. Big issues for people on the EEA-Applications Routes

Post by Phenmeson » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:16 am

Good morning all. For those who already applied for British citizenship /Passport through Settled status in which CSI, EHIC or Self sufficient proofs where required, how do you go about it and pass through the stage. Tnx

Learning18

Post by Learning18 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:47 am

Hello everyone,

My application for citizenship has now been approved, I got an email 2 mins ago and it says my application was successful. For anyone interested, I got my EU settled status in 2019, applied this year 2020 Feb.

I was working from 2017 to currently, but before that I was a student without a CSI. It was never requested of me as you can all probably tell from my previous post.

I wish you all the best and I hope you all hear nothing but amazing news :lol:

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:33 am

Learning18 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:47 am
Hello everyone,

My application for citizenship has now been approved, I got an email 2 mins ago and it says my application was successful. For anyone interested, I got my EU settled status in 2019, applied this year 2020 Feb.

I was working from 2017 to currently, but before that I was a student without a CSI. It was never requested of me as you can all probably tell from my previous post.

Wonderful. I’m so happy for you!

Learning18

Post by Learning18 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:47 am

Frou01 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:33 am
Learning18 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Wonderful. I’m so happy for you!

Thank you so much :D

beaujam90
- thin ice -

Post by beaujam90 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:56 am

Learning18 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Congratulations !

abra
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by abra » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:15 am

Hey guys,

I just got my approval this morning despite being a student without CSI during some of my time here.

Good luck to everyone else in this situation; hope this is a bit reassuring!

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:38 am

abra wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:15 am
Hey guys,

I just got my approval this morning despite being a student without CSI during some of my time here.

Congratulations!

When did you apply and would have needed CSI if I may ask?

AnotherUUID

Post by AnotherUUID » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:50 am

I'm very happy to see a trend emerging and congratulations to all who got their citizenship!

If I may ask, could people who got approved despite not having CSI for certain periods please share - if they so wish - a short timeline of the circumstances surrounding their application? I believe this would help us and future applicants understand HO's attitude towards CSI a little bit better, albeit only statistically.

[Perhaps the moderators might wish to aggregate such reports into a separate topic re outcomes for EUSS people without CSI for certain periods]

abra
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by abra » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:52 am

Frou01 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:38 am
abra wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:15 am
Hey guys,

Congratulations!

When did you apply and would have needed CSI if I may ask?
Thanks! I applied on 23 Jan 2020, after holding settled status since Jan 2019. I would've needed CSI from Jan 2014 to Oct 2014 as a student. After that I was and still am in full-time work.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:53 am

AnotherUUID wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:50 am
[Perhaps the moderators might wish to aggregate such reports into a separate topic re outcomes for EU Settlement Scheme people without CSI for certain periods]
We do NOT need yet another unnecessary duplicate topic that becomes difficult to moderate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AnotherUUID

Post by AnotherUUID » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:58 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:53 am
AnotherUUID wrote:
[Perhaps the moderators might wish to aggregate such reports into a separate topic re outcomes for EU Settlement Scheme people without CSI for certain periods]
We do NOT need yet another unnecessary duplicate topic that becomes difficult to moderate.
Fair enough. It was a suggestion purely based on good faith in collating relevant information and improving efficiency by not having to ask and answer the same queries over and over (as has happened multiple times in this very thread). Certainly not a demand.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:29 pm

AnotherUUID wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:58 am
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:53 am
AnotherUUID wrote:
Fair enough. It was a suggestion purely based on good faith in collating relevant information and improving efficiency by not having to ask and answer the same queries over and over (as has happened multiple times in this very thread). Certainly not a demand.
Understood. It never ceases to amaze me that the same question is asked all the time instead of users searching a member previous posts!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

beaujam90
- thin ice -

Post by beaujam90 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:55 pm

So happy now. after 6 years of anguish, I just got an email from the home office 2 min ago saying that my BC application was successful.
My case was complicated as I haven't exercised treaty right. I doubted they would granted to me, I wrongly prejudge them and I apologise for it. Now I am 100% sure they will grant it to all of you guys.
Thanks for your support . I wish you good luck to everyone of you.

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:46 pm

beaujam90 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:55 pm
So happy now. after 6 years of anguish, I just got an email from the home office 2 min ago saying that my BC application was successful.
My case was complicated as I haven't exercised treaty right. I doubted they would granted to me, I wrongly prejudge them and I apologise for it. Now I am 100% sure they will grant it to all of you guys.
Congratulations! I am very happy for you!

Hopefully I will one day announce the same good news here!

beaujam90
- thin ice -

Post by beaujam90 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:11 pm

Frou01 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:46 pm
beaujam90 wrote:

Thank you. I am sure that yours will be approved too soon.

uklondonn
Spain

Post by uklondonn » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:03 pm

beaujam90 wrote:
1 - Congratulations!

2- We still need people that have applied after the new introduction in the guide (15th of May). Let's see what happens... But I guess we won't hear anything until the next 3-4 months minimum.

3- I'm going to be brave and I will be taking the risk after passing the exam. (I'm still studying)
I think this is the first time in my life that I'm doing something that looks like gamble :lol:

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:52 pm

beaujam90 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:11 pm
Frou01 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:46 pm
beaujam90 wrote:

Thank you. I am sure that yours will be approved too soon.
Thank you. I hope too I can share good news in the future! Stil a bit to wait though as no biometrics yet.
But applied before the new guidance.

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:58 pm

uklondonn wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:03 pm
beaujam90 wrote:
1 - Congratulations!

2- We still need people that have applied after the new introduction in the guide (15th of May). Let's see what happens... But I guess we won't hear anything until the next 3-4 months minimum.

3- I'm going to be brave and I will be taking the risk after passing the exam. (I'm still studying)
I think this is the first time in my life that I'm doing something that looks like gamble :lol:
Like you said it the next months will show.
I really hope they will come to common sense and exercise discretion to anyone received Settled Status in 2019.
The guidance came on 14th May and it seems they don’t look for CSI for the ones applied before that time.
But it could be some just couldn’t apply before that as they were waiting to finish the 12 months requirement after having SS, in that case not really fair as someone maybe waiting for months to apply.
Was the same for me. Had everything ready in January, but couldn’t apply then as had to wait to have full 12 months.

In that case it wouldn’t be fair to say someone applying without CSI before the guidance been a lawful resident and someone in the same terms applying after 14th May was an unlawful resident.

beaujam90
- thin ice -

Post by beaujam90 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:18 pm

uklondonn wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:03 pm
beaujam90 wrote:
1 - Congratulations!

Hola !

Gracias amigo ! Study hard and it will all go well.
No risk , no glory.
It 's by fighting small battles that you win big wars.

Cacatua
Newly Registered
France

Post by Cacatua » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:40 pm

I don't really understand why you would need CSI with Settled Status and not by going via the permanent residence document option. The revised guidance doesn't discriminate between both options.

Do you need CSI for the year prior submitting the application for naturalisation too?

dapto10

Post by dapto10 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:27 am

Cacatua wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:40 pm
Do you need CSI for the year prior submitting the application for naturalisation too?
No, because having ILR / Settled under the EU Scheme or a DCPR means you are free from immigration control.

You have to be able to show proof of CSI for your qualifying period though (if you have gaps in employment and you have lost your status of a Qualified Person under EU law) or you have been self-sufficient or studying.

zcranso
Newly Registered
Greece

Re: CSI and settle status. Big issues for everybody

Post by zcranso » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:07 am

zcranso wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 9:09 pm
I made a small experiment to check whether there has been any change. I submitted my own application in March so I can notice any differences. I inserted some random details which are still valid until I got to the document checklist part of the application. There I was told that I would need to provide:

* 'Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period. This should be evidence that you were here as a worker, student, self-employed, self-sufficient, retired or incapacitated person.'

* 'If you spent some of that time in the UK as a student or as a self-sufficient person, and had comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI), a copy of your sickness insurance policy'

I can confirm that none of these requirements appeared in my actual application in March. It would therefore appear that this is a new requirement as reflected in the guidance posted by uklondonn.

For what it's worth I don't think that this makes citizenship using EU Settlement impossible. The guidance seems to say that CSI would strengthen the application but is not essential and caseworkers should exercise discretion.

I also want to believe that this does not affect applications already submitted. The fact that we never agreed in our applications that we could provide these documents should hopefully prevent them from asking for them.

I hope this helps everyone.
Just an update. Submitted my application on March 5th 2020 (i.e. before new guidelines) and had biometrics appointment on June 1st, first available date after postponement of original April appointment. Happy to say that on June 5th I received an email confirming I had my application approved.

Needless to say that at no point was I asked to provide CSI, not had I voluntarily provided any information on it in my application.

While this may not help those still thinking about applying, it may reassure those of you that have already applied.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:18 am

Cost Manager wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:13 am
askmeplz82 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:48 pm

Applicants who have settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme are not covered by the transitional arrangements as their settlement status is based on the 5y qualifying period immediately prior to the EU Settlement Scheme application date. Unlike EEA/PR applications, EU Settlement Scheme applicants cannot choose their qualifying period.
They can . I choose 2010 - 2015 and i got settled status
I remember last year we received our settles status at the same time with similar conditions. Are you applying BC in June? Do you think CSI requirement for non Eu members will apply? We are not tied to our partners as sponsor? I would think they will look our immigration history rather than sponsor?
I am worried. in the application form it's still asking for applicant employment not EU sponsor. is it seperate document you upload ? i don't have anything from my ex so i don't know what to do
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:31 am

I got Settled status in July 2019 so should i wait 5 years for citizenship ? I can not prove my EU sponsor was working last 5 years.
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021