ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

underfire222

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by underfire222 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:47 am

MrBarry465 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:15 am
underfire222 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:51 am
It’s really worrying and depressing that the processing can take more than 6 months now :(
It's utterly ridiculous to be honest, it's been setup this way in order to force people to pay for the "priority" service and ensure they get an additional chunk of money per application. I don't know anywhere else in the world which gives people a '6 month window' in order to process a visa. Oh but it you pay a couple of hundred pounds more, they can turn it around in 24 hours.... It's pure exploitation.

Now you can’t even get that service anymore and they are saying that it can even take more than 6 months to get a decision !!!! :(

while you”re waiting you can’t change jobs or even travel . It’s a complete nightmare :(

Daided
Mexico

Post by Daided » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:29 am

For those that had a UKVCAS appointments before lockdown but got postponed once lockdown kicked in, have you already received appointments for June/July?

For those that have applied during lockdown or even now, have you got an appointment yet? (I understand they'll give priority to existing customers before lockdown.

I have complement my ILR application, I only have to pay and submit but we'll await a couple more days to see what HO does about super priority service. Visa expires on 09/June so can't really wait that long.

Has somebody received a replied from UKVI/HO (not CIH) regarding when super priority will be reinstated and whether it would be offered to those who have already applied while service was suspended?

Daided
Mexico

Post by Daided » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:17 am

Dear all,

I've just called UKVI (not CIH) and what I was told is they have to clear a backlog of applications and would not expect super priority service to be available again until a few weeks (he quoted 2 months).
I asked about those that have no option but to apply now under standard service and whether super priority would be offered them, and he said no.
Those that apply under standard, that's it.
So blessed those that can apply in August or September.

Moreover, I asked if the 6 months wait is from the date I submit the application, or the date I attend the UKVCAS appointment, and they said 6 months from the time we submit application online.

Barry465
Australia

Post by Barry465 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:22 am

Daided wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:17 am
Dear all,

I've just called UKVI (not CIH) and what I was told is they have to clear a backlog of applications and would not expect super priority service to be available again until a few weeks (he quoted 2 months).
I asked about those that have no option but to apply now under standard service and whether super priority would be offered them, and he said no.
Those that apply under standard, that's it.
So blessed those that can apply in August or September.
2 months seems like a long time, lets see how they go over the next few weeks.

Mau94:
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by Mau94: » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:47 am

@Daided yes we had to rebook for free because we had paid before lockdown and i had my appointment with my kids yesterday at 18.30pm. There were not many people , it seemed like we were all families because when i rebooked available times were 1830, 1900 and 1930pm in croydon. My husband however had a separate appointment and for him his times were 0800, 0830 and 0900. So I think they put families at the end of the day and single individual morning hours. So am waiting to here now from the home office...will keep you updated. Gd luck

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:23 am

Mau94: wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:47 am
@Daided yes we had to rebook for free because we had paid before lockdown and i had my appointment with my kids yesterday at 18.30pm. There were not many people , it seemed like we were all families because when i rebooked available times were 1830, 1900 and 1930pm in croydon. My husband however had a separate appointment and for him his times were 0800, 0830 and 0900. So I think they put families at the end of the day and single individual morning hours. So am waiting to here now from the home office...will keep you updated. Gd luck

Thanks please do keep us updated about your progress.

May I ask did you pay for priority service prior to lockdown?

I hope you get a reply soon!!

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:26 am

Can anyone who paid for super priority before lock down and have done their biometrics let us know if the HO honoured their timeline for super priority ?

Just a thought but one would think the easiest way to ease the backlog after dealing with applicants who had applied before the lockdown is to reinstate super priority for new applicants ASAP.

2 months wait for SP is tears-inducing

Barry465
Australia

Post by Barry465 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:57 am

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:26 am
Just a thought but one would think the easiest way to ease the backlog after dealing with applicants who had applied before the lockdown is to reinstate super priority for new applicants ASAP.
You'd think that wouldn't you? Doesn't seem overly logical what they are doing.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:59 am

Barry465 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:57 am
AnILRApplicant wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:26 am
You'd think that wouldn't you? Doesn't seem overly logical what they are doing.
Please bear in mind that there are many different categories of visas and applicants that have delays and the same issues as those applying for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pns1982
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by pns1982 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:03 am

I applied for ILR early March using the Super priority service. After one cancellation and 2 postponements I attended an appointment yesterday and I have received home office's decision letter :D . I hope this helps to settle some nerves. All the best.

amrotab123
Newly Registered

Post by amrotab123 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:14 am

pns1982 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:03 am
I applied for ILR early March using the Super priority service. After one cancellation and 2 postponements I attended an appointment yesterday and I have received home office's decision letter :D . I hope this helps to settle some nerves. All the best.
Congratulations, I applied late march and had my appointment June 1st (my original application was super priority) but I still didn't receive any letters from HO.

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:20 am

amrotab123 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:14 am
pns1982 wrote:
Congratulations, I applied late march and had my appointment June 1st (my original application was super priority) but I still didn't receive any letters from HO.
Best of luck mate!

Please keep us updated when you do receive a response

Thanks

gai3priya
Newly Registered

Post by gai3priya » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:48 pm

pns1982 wrote:
Hi ya!! Congratulations. Do you mind sharing where and at what time the bio-metrics was given. I went to Croyden at 10am Yesterday and waiting for the decision yet with a Super Priority service. I hope you received an email about the decison?

Xiongmao
Newly Registered
China

Post by Xiongmao » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:06 pm

if the super priority service will not be back in 2 weeks, I am going to be in big trouble. So 6 months'
waiting is so desperate for my situation.

k_arshad
Newly Registered

Post by k_arshad » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:51 pm

spikky wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:34 pm
I sent my docs to W & S team and asked for acknowledgment, got none but the same weak I checked in my spam folder and there was the same email from them (the original one asking for docs, likely a mass mail if it landed in my spam folder).

I replied saying I sent my docs already on so and so date, and two days later I got an acknowledgement (again in my spam folder!) that they've received my documents and if they have any questions they'll get back to me.

I'm somewhat at peace with that confirmation. I've uploaded the same set of docs to UKVCAS website and my biometric appointment is on the 18th.

Hopefully, they won't take ages to make a decision as I'd imagine the team was set up as a contingency.

Spikky
Thanks Spikky for the reply, I tried to look in my Junk mail but no luck. Can you please let me know if you are ok to share
a) The date when you put up your ILR application and
b) Regarding UKVCAS biometric were you able to book a slot before close down

. I am just trying to figure out how much is backlog at their end.

pns1982
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by pns1982 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:31 pm

gai3priya wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:48 pm
pns1982 wrote:
Hi ya!! Congratulations. Do you mind sharing where and at what time the bio-metrics was given. I went to Croyden at 10am Yesterday and waiting for the decision yet with a Super Priority service. I hope you received an email about the decison?
Thank you. I should have been clear. I received an email with a decision letter attached. Applied at Mark Lane SET M. All the best.

cliftonianbristol
Turkey

Post by cliftonianbristol » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:55 pm

pns1982 wrote:
Wauw, great! Congratulations!

May I ask what Tier were you?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:00 pm

cliftonianbristol wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:55 pm
pns1982 wrote:
Wauw, great! Congratulations!

May I ask what Tier were you?
The user has already posted their route (non Tier) as Set(M).
pns1982 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:31 pm
gai3priya wrote:
pns1982 wrote:
Thank you. I should have been clear. I received an email with a decision letter attached. Applied at Mark Lane SET M. All the best.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gai3priya
Newly Registered

Post by gai3priya » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:48 pm

pns1982 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:31 pm
gai3priya wrote:
pns1982 wrote:
Thankyou so much. Thats good to know. And congratulations again.

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:54 am

Good job I checked our e-mail. Have had to rebook, we were offered appointments at the Leeds centre for this week as soon as Monday. I however have kept it to the day they originally rebooked it for us which is two weeks away. Just to stay on the safe side in-case Covid rates increase again.

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:25 pm

I found this on Gov website.

https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa-settlement

Hopefully this may mean that those who already have priority paid for prior to lockdown may get a faster decision than standard.

The 6 months standard processing time , is that usually counted from the date you submit your application online or from the date of your biometrics appointment? That will make a huge difference as biometrics appointments already caused huge delays already....

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:21 pm

We applied for standard service in May first week. Have not seen any slots being available for bio-metric yet. Does any one know roughly when one could see a slot opening considering the huge backlog that must exist?

adatitan
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by adatitan » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:00 am

Please if anybody noticed they are opening biometrics appointment slots, please come and tell us here although we check the UKVCAS website regularly.

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:49 am

Hi

I am in the similar situation.
We have uploaded documents too.

I am worried that some of the documents such as bank letter etc will expire by the date of decision.

Also they said deadlines to do biometrixs and upload documents was 24 june so I am.not sure if we need to re do the application.

[quote=har_p3 post_id=1904185 time=1591482064 user_id=116243]
We applied for standard service in May first week. Have not seen any slots being available for bio-metric yet. Does any one know roughly when one could see a slot opening considering the huge backlog that must exist?
[/quote]

spikky

Post by spikky » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:30 am

k_arshad wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:51 pm

Thanks Spikky for the reply, I tried to look in my Junk mail but no luck. Can you please let me know if you are ok to share
a) The date when you put up your ILR application and
b) Regarding UKVCAS biometric were you able to book a slot before close down

. I am just trying to figure out how much is backlog at their end.
My ILR application submission date was 22nd March 2020. Yes I booked an appointment prior to closure which was rescheduled 3 times and have recently re-booked to 18th June.