ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu fam 1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Wexlad1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Eu fam 1

Post by Wexlad1 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:45 am

Hi
My mother in law is getting Italian citizenship through grandparents
There planning on moving to Ireland in near future.
My father in law will be the one thats working. Will this be issue with eufam if my mother in law who has Italian citizenship will be homemaker?
Tia

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Eu fam 1

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:48 am

It is the EU citizen that has to be the one exercising treaty rights. A non EU citizen cannot exercise treaty rights under the EU regs.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wexlad1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Wexlad1 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:35 pm

Thanks for the information
Just to clarify

So to proceed with treaty rights application my mother in law would need to be the one with job?

Do you know of any other possible way my father in law could join his wife if they decide to move to Ireland
Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:17 pm

The EU national needs to be either working, studying or self-sufficient. You might be able to exercise your treaty rights based on being self-sufficient. This means you have enough savings, medical insurances, never used social benefits in the last few years, and you won't become a burden to the state.