ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa + Supplementary Income from Blogging?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

webhkny20
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Tier 2 Visa + Supplementary Income from Blogging?

Post by webhkny20 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:10 pm

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of applying for a Tier 2 Visa for a digital marketing role under the shortage occupation list. The question I have is from the income I've been receiving from my own blogs.

From what I've read so far, I understand that it's okay to receive supplementary income as long as it's similar in nature to my sponsored job, and the work would be less than 20 hours a week.

Does anyone see any issue if I continue to receive my blogging income while I work my tier 2 job? The income is coming from programs like Google Adsense, Amazon affiliate program etc.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Visa + Supplementary Income from Blogging?

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:08 pm

Supplementary employment must be at the same level and SOC as your main tier 2 job. Otherwise you can't do it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:56 pm

Its not a second job, you are getting a new stream of income as a by-product of a hobby. I find ot quite a stretch to interpret income from blog as a second job..
(The restriction is on supplementary job, not supplementary income) .

heyitsme

Post by heyitsme » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:00 pm

Isn't it similar to having an ISA account where you get supplimental income. There might be a limit of income beyond which it can be considered as primary income.