ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirements query for spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bengali1985
Newly Registered

Financial requirements query for spouse visa extension

Post by Bengali1985 » Sun May 31, 2020 7:09 am

Hi

We are going to submit application for spouse visa extension for my wife (no children).
I have two jobs and we are relying only on my income for financial requirements of visa application.
My main job is salaried, £20,500 per year.

I have obtained employer letter and I have all payslips.
My second job is hourly paid and I earn above £10k per year.
I have all payslips and P60 for second job but not employer letter.
Would I be able to include my second job's earnings details without the employer letter but payslips, bank statements and P60?
I obtained employer letter for salaried job on 05/05/2020 therefore I have to submit my application by 3 June and for this reason I am unable to obtain employer letter from second job due to short time.
Please can you advise whether or not employer letter necessary for second job as income from first job is above £18600?
I would appreciate your help in this matter.
Many thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Financial requirements query for spouse visa extension

Post by seagul » Sun May 31, 2020 7:35 am

Bengali1985 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 7:09 am

I have obtained employer letter and I have all payslips.
Just show & use that income alone.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Bengali1985
Newly Registered

Post by Bengali1985 » Sun May 31, 2020 8:37 am

Many thanks for the advice😊

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun May 31, 2020 9:22 pm

Bengali1985 wrote:
I obtained employer letter for salaried job on 05/05/2020 therefore I have to submit my application by 3 June
What is the date of the last payslip you plan to submit for this job and do you know the period that payslip covers?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Bengali1985
Newly Registered

Post by Bengali1985 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:17 am

Hi
I have made payments for the application.

My last payslip date is 31/05/2020 same date as application date but I am not going to submit that as the corresponding bank statement will be produced on 10/06/2020, which is post application date.

Therefore, I will provide payslips from 30/11/2019 to 30/04/2020. Would that be ok?

Also, in the consent form (consent for the home office to verify application information) do I need to sign in both part 2 and part 3.
Our council tax, Energy bill and Water bill in joint names and Financial requirements are fully met by my employment. I would appreciate your advise.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:42 am

Bengali1985 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:17 am
Hi
I have made payments for the application.

My last payslip date is 31/05/2020 same date as application date but I am not going to submit that as the corresponding bank statement will be produced on 10/06/2020, which is post application date.
You can get the latest statement/entries statement by visiting your branch. Also make sure that your latest payslip shouldn't be older than 28 days from the date of application.
Bengali1985 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:17 am
Also, in the consent form (consent for the home office to verify application information) do I need to sign in both part 2 and part 3.
Our council tax, Energy bill and Water bill in joint names and Financial requirements are fully met by my employment. I would appreciate your advise.
Part 1 is for applicant and 2 for sponsor. Just ignore the 3rd one.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Bengali1985
Newly Registered

Post by Bengali1985 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:29 pm

Many thanks Seagul for your advice, most grateful to you.

I was actually able to download bank statement for the whole month of May so I am going to submit latest payslip dated 28 May along with the corresponding bank statements.(apologies as I made previous comment without trying to download from online).

Regarding the signature in consent form and declaration form, we are using electronic signatures. Hope that will not be an issue. Many thanks again.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:19 pm

Bengali1985 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:29 pm

Regarding the signature in consent form and declaration form, we are using electronic signatures.
Although have no practical experience but ideally hand made signature should be done.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:50 pm

Bengali1985 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:29 pm
I was actually able to download bank statement for the whole month of May so I am going to submit latest payslip dated 28 May along with the corresponding bank statements.
That should be fine although the date of your last payslip seems to be changing.

From what you've stated, it appears the employer letter was issued before your pay in May and if so it wouldn't have covered that pay. You will need a fresh employer letter.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:16 pm

Korekt wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:50 pm
From what you've stated, it appears the employer letter was issued before your pay in May and if so it wouldn't have covered that pay. You will need a fresh employer letter.
Bengali1985 wrote:
OP is on salaried wages instead none-salaried, so no new employer letter would be needed provided is not older than 28 days from the date of application.

Bengali1985
Newly Registered

Post by Bengali1985 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:37 pm

Dear Korekt and Seagul

Thank you both for your advices.

Seagul, yes, the job is salaried and permanent.

Thanks for your prompt advise regarding non-requirement of revised employer letter.
I am very grateful.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:33 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:16 pm
Korekt wrote:
Bengali1985 wrote:
OP is on salaried wages instead none-salaried, so no new employer letter would be needed provided is not older than 28 days from the date of application.
Appendix FM-SE states (emphasis mine):
2. In respect of salaried employment in the UK (except where paragraph 9 applies), all of the following evidence must be provided:
(a) Payslips covering:
(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this Appendix does not apply); or
(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
How can the highlighted bit above be satisfied if the letter is before the last pay being relied on?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:17 am

Korekt wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:33 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:16 pm
Korekt wrote:
Bengali1985 wrote:
Appendix FM-SE states (emphasis mine):
2. In respect of salaried employment in the UK (except where paragraph 9 applies), all of the following evidence must be provided:
(a) Payslips covering:
(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this Appendix does not apply); or
(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
How can the highlighted bit above be satisfied if the letter is before the last pay being relied on?
In case of category A salaried person you will never have to provide the total of last 6 months wages rather an annual salary figure which can be provided either on 1st day or on the 28th day when you applying. Whereas in none-salaried you definitely have to calculate and then provide the total of last 6 months for the purpose of annualized average wage. Category A salaried person criteria always based on annual fixed income unless someone got paid less during the last 6 months and only in that case it need to be revised with lowest wage figure. Therefore, a letter dated within 28 days won't make any difference because only the annual wage figure will be relied on.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:23 am

I've stated what the rules say, you've stated your opinion.

The OP is free to decide what they want to do.

Bengali1985
Newly Registered

Post by Bengali1985 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:52 pm

Hi,

Please can anyone suggest me a link (previous discussion)for uploading documents for spouse visa extension. I have already uploaded docs for Mandatory section. I am not sure as to what documents should go to under the categories eg Other, Finances, life events etc.
Please, can someone suggest me a guidance link?

Many thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:36 pm

Bengali1985 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:52 pm
Hi,

Please can anyone suggest me a link (previous discussion)for uploading documents for spouse visa extension. I have already uploaded docs for Mandatory section. I am not sure as to what documents should go to under the categories eg Other, Finances, life events etc.
Please, can someone suggest me a guidance link?

Many thanks.
Try your best to upload the documents which matches with the relevant sections. However, in case of tenuous mistake then it won't cause any issue provided the necessary documents are uploaded even in wrong sections. Since the application form & check list is generic so occurrence of fallibility becomes unavoidable.

Bengali1985
Newly Registered

Post by Bengali1985 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:03 pm

Many thanks Seagul, I will follow your advice.

Bengali1985
Newly Registered

Post by Bengali1985 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:33 pm

Hi,

My wife submitted Spouse visa renewal application on 31 May 2020. She received following emails which seem contradictory. Please can someone advise whether email (2) is generic and not necessarily applicable to her regarding the requirement to attend for biometric appointment? I would highly appreciate your response.

Email (1) received on 4 July:

“UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.
Importantly, this new digital approach means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.
We are also working closely with UKVI to develop a new way for you to submit a facial image. Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP).
We will be in touch over the next few weeks with the details of this new approach and to confirm next steps.”

Email (2) received on 22 July:

"Dear x
PLEASE QUOTE REF: **** IN ANY CORRESPONDENCE.

Due to the volume of correspondence we may be unable to locate your application without this reference and your correspondence may be returned to you.
Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.
Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.
In line with Government advice on essential travel, social distancing and other restrictions related to COVID-19, for the safety of our customers and our staff, the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Service (UKVCAS) locations where you would ordinarily submit your biometric details and provide any documents for scanning that you have not already uploaded yourself, are currently closed.
If your application was submitted prior to your current grant of leave expiring, your current status within the United Kingdom has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.
If you have applied to switch your status in respect of your employment or studies then please refer to the guidance on Gov.UK as you should be permitted to commence work / study prior to your application being decided, should you meet the conditions set out in the guidance.
We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible once our UKVCAS service locations reopen."

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:41 pm

Bengali1985 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:33 pm
Hi,

My wife submitted Spouse visa renewal application on 31 May 2020. She received following emails which seem contradictory. Please can someone advise whether email (2) is generic and not necessarily applicable to her regarding the requirement to attend for biometric appointment? I would highly appreciate your response.

Email (1) received on 4 July:

“UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.
Importantly, this new digital approach means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.
We are also working closely with UKVI to develop a new way for you to submit a facial image. Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP).
We will be in touch over the next few weeks with the details of this new approach and to confirm next steps.”

Email (2) received on 22 July:

"Dear x
PLEASE QUOTE REF: **** IN ANY CORRESPONDENCE.

Due to the volume of correspondence we may be unable to locate your application without this reference and your correspondence may be returned to you.
Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.
Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.
In line with Government advice on essential travel, social distancing and other restrictions related to COVID-19, for the safety of our customers and our staff, the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Service (UKVCAS) locations where you would ordinarily submit your biometric details and provide any documents for scanning that you have not already uploaded yourself, are currently closed.
If your application was submitted prior to your current grant of leave expiring, your current status within the United Kingdom has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.
If you have applied to switch your status in respect of your employment or studies then please refer to the guidance on Gov.UK as you should be permitted to commence work / study prior to your application being decided, should you meet the conditions set out in the guidance.
We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible once our UKVCAS service locations reopen."
This is pretty normal and many members have been receiving such offer by which you won't be needed to attend the ukvcas rather can directly send your supporting documents to UKVI.

Bengali1985
Newly Registered

Post by Bengali1985 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:59 pm

Many thanks Seagul for the very quick response.

Yes, she has ticked a declaration in the UKVCAS website today confirming that all supporting documents have been uploaded to and now these can be sent to UKVI.

We dont know since when that diclaration is present in her account, but today she logged in and noticed that declaration notice.

We are still waiting for instructions from UKVI in respect of facial image submission. Thanks.

Bengali1985
Newly Registered

Post by Bengali1985 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:57 pm

Hi,

Further to my wife's FLRM extension application dated 31 May 2020 and docs submission via IDV app on 1 September, we haven't received any response from UKVI yet.

Please could you advise whether the waiting time is normal due to the impact of Covid 19?

I have been unable to locate any relevant timeline posts to get an idea of current waiting time.

Thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:10 pm

Bengali1985 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:57 pm

I have been unable to locate any relevant timeline posts to get an idea of current waiting time.

Thanks in advance.
immigration-for-family-members/new-flr- ... 20603.html

Bengali1985
Newly Registered

Post by Bengali1985 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:48 pm

Many thanks Seagul.